ChurchHill's application for Staff

ChurchHill

Name: 1MD DI GySgt ChurchHill

Total time on the server:  60 hours (usually on from 6-10 EST)

Do you own a microphone:  Yes

Referrals:  None

Staff History:  None on my end. 

Country of Residence: America

Essay Portion

Past experiences staffing? None but I am eager to learn. My brother is staff on other servers

Why do you plan on benefiting our server? (100 words minimum) This community is absolutely amazing and I feel as though I could do more to help my fellow brothers and sister on the server out by being a part of staff. I feel like I would be a good member of the staff team because I am good at resolving situations. I listen to both sides of arguments before I make my judgement. I am good at talking to people and helping them in any way that I can, whether it be from training them, giving them advice on how they should fight in war, to talking to someone who is being rude to them. I always put others people needs in game before my own in game. I can eassily memorize pages apon pages of commands and rules. I am always eager to help others. The reason I plan on benefiting the server is because I feel like I'm not doing a lot to help out the server with what I am already doing ;therefore, I want to do every bit that I can to  help out. So being an admin is an obvious choice. I feel like would make a great admin even if I was the lowest ranking admin there is.  I say again I do love this server and it's community and I do hope I can join the ranks of staff!

Edited by ChurchHill
Essay Portion did not post with the original post/messed up on referrals/ revised second part of essay/Made Family Share
1 hour ago, ChurchHill said:

eferrals:  I know alot of the higher ups but I don't know if they will recall me but just in case, Jin and Chris Branch and Gotham are a few of who might recall me.

Referrals aren't supposed to be about people who might refer, it's for people who have. I'd recommend fixing that.

I'd just like to add that I haven't really seen you active that much, I'd also recommend getting more real in-game hours than AFK hours.

Edited by Krimzin
I wrote "also" twice.
52 minutes ago, Krimzin said:

Referrals aren't supposed to be about people who might refer, it's for people who have. I'd recommend fixing that.

I'd just like to add that I haven't really seen you active that much, I'd also recommend getting more real in-game hours than AFK hours.

Could you explain a little more please? also I am never afk I am always training in a corner so I won't be disturbed by random people running up to me and interrupting my training sessions.

Seems like a great dude. I've seen you around and never had any bad experiences with you. However, I agree with maverick. You describe what you do in the server, which is playing on the DI whitelist and training people. Which is great and all, however you fail to state any reasons on why you should be chosen as staff as opposed to another person. 

-1 for now, however I believe you have staff potential. Fix your app a bit more, as currently it's about 5-6 long sentences in your paragraph section. Change my mind, and I'll change my -1 to a +1. Good luck!

Edit: Took time to revise his app, and after reading he seems like he has staff potential. Clearly loves this server and wants to do more to help out. +1 good luck!

Edited by Bread God
On 9/23/2018 at 11:24 AM, ChurchHill said:

me and my brother share an account and he plays on the Army side

I would suggest setting up family sharing, because someone else having access to your account is a conflict. (both for a potential staff and for any user) Your brother's mistakes/rule violations will be analyzed as if they were yours. In addition, if you were to be accepted as staff a third party would have access to staff commands. I hope you understand the problem with this situation. Anyway, please setup family plan on steam. Basically it allows separate users (different accounts) to share games they have purchased, with others. If you need any help with setting it up, let me know. PM me on the forums, TS, or in game, for help. In the meantime I am going to -1

The above is no longer an issue and has been fixed. The one issue I now have is that it seems you are not known by myself or many others in the community. You can fix this by doing the following: going on TS, being more active in-game, being active on the forums. 

When reviewing staff apps, HR takes the applicants character and other factors into consideration. Since myself and others have no interactions with you, there isn't really anything to go off of but your application itself.

Edited by Arnold Smith

I don't think I have a good understanding of your character because I haven't seen you on the server much, despite having 400+ hours.

For this reason, I'm not comfortable giving a definitive +1 or -1, as of the time this reply is made.

Unless more insight is brought forward concerning any recent mistakes or accomplishments on the server, it will remain a neutral from me.
I just thought I could provide valuable comments to this staff application. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my thoughts of the app:

Major spelling and grammatical errors aside, I see that you show a clear understanding of a major responsibility as a staff member.  You identified some of the key things the team is looking for in a staff member.  I don't think ANYONE should +1 or -1 without personal encounters with you on the server or a good understanding of your character.  However, I would like to see those traits applied in your activities on the server;

If any user has a good understanding of ChurchHill's behavior on the server, including any small encounters, I encourage you to share that information if it is appropriate to this matter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions for me or would like to add something I encourage anyone to mention.

Everyone deserves to share their opinion. (Be it appropriate to this topic)

11 hours ago, Maverick said:

-1 Feel like you put what you do on the server and not as much of what you would do to help the staff team.

9 hours ago, Panda said:

-1 reason listed above 

In the essay, these things he mentioned are things that he would do on the server as a staff member.

You have to me on the server to do things as a staff member.  
Regardless, the examples he gave were actually excellent examples of what a staff member should be:

-Objective

-Efficient

-Tolerant

As I stated earlier, he has a clear understanding of some of the key traits of being a good staff member.
On the server application is all that is needed.

Nothing against either of you personally, I just feel like that isn't an okay enough reason to -1 someone's staff application.
Please respect all staff applications.   

Correct me if I assumed anything or made an error.  

Thank you all.

Edited by Timid