DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

My ban Appeal

Lawyer_dude

In-game name:The cripCLUNTZ
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):76561199165627133
Staff members in-game name:Handled by strong side and then banned by xfish
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name):Does not say
Date & Time of incident:1/18/2023
Timezone:Nortwest
Ban Reason:Dox threats
How long were you banned for?:50 years
Proof of Ban:https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2000195325571265305/ED65DA8A0FC3B4FA715C3C0B80CEA9CBC2D734F2/
What happened? (include any proof):I was minding my own buisness in the morning when this guy started cussing me out i was getting upset but i didnt respond much.But after one final straw I said something in a jokingly manner i said im goint to steal you'r mom and i will then eat all your food. in a.Funny goofy voice then the video the guy sent clearly said im going to steal...  Im going to steal your ip. and the admin put those text in the chat i was confused before I could say anything i got banned.
Why should your ban be removed?:I think my ban should really be removed becaus either it was a simple misunderstanding or the admin did here that.  the admin said it like it lagged out when he was watching it. I couldn't here it because he pmed the admin the video and i have faith in admins but when it comes down to bans there equal but everyone makes mistakes the server the admins even me i make mistakes all the time i feel like every admin has equal power and understandings and accidents maybe it was wrong i won't know because mistakes are what gets us all here.

Well, finally I have my first appeal to respond to.

Hey Crip,

Hope you are well. You were banned for 50 years for Dox threats involved in a threat you made to another user. Here's the snippet of the conversation I got:

User 1:" Yeah, I know exactly where you live... I know exactly where you live too"

CripCLUNTZ: "Yeah, I'm pulling your IP"

User 1: "Screams"

Threatening to pull a players IP address is a pretty serious offense. There's multiple things you can do with an IP address in the short term that can be malicious. Outside of those few areas, I can't think of a "good" reason to threaten to pull someones’ IP address. On top of this, I took countless, and I mean countless sits with both of you stating that I wouldn't be putting up with harassment on either side. You've been quite active lately. You have already been kicked for warns before this event took place. How many times must I give you verbal warnings and warn you before you take accountability for your actions? The things you say to others have meaning and value. Why waste your time and energy on someone that is frustrating you so much? Do I think "User 1" in this instance is innocent? Absolutely not. However, you took things too far and must accept and take ownership of your mistakes.

Here is the video of you saying so: https://streamable.com/0cjs1q HEADPHONES USERS WARNING

Looking at my log above, you clearly state you are going to pull his IP as you both are discussing that you "know where each other live". Locations are tied to IP addresses. 

In my honest opinion - I know you've enjoyed your recent time on the server. You've been quite active and enjoyed yourself - you just took it a bit too far buddy. Ban should stand. If an admin feels that it should be less time, I can agree to that - however, we ban off of strict guidelines and your interaction falls in that.

- Strong

Edited by Harm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Harm said:

Hey Crip,

Hope you are well. You were banned for 50 years for Dox threats involved in a threat you made to another user. Here's the snippet of the conversation I got:

User 1:" Yeah, I know exactly where you live... I know exactly where you live too"

Threatening to pull a players IP address is a pretty serious offense. There's multiple things you can do with an IP address in the short term that can be malicious. Outside of those few areas, I can't think of a "good" reason to threaten to pull someones’ IP address. On top of this, I took countless, and I mean countless sits with both of you stating that I wouldn't be putting up with harassment on either side. You've been quite active lately. You have already been kicked for warns before this event took place. How many times must I give you verbal warnings and warn you before you take accountability for your actions? The things you say to others have meaning and value. Why waste your time and energy on someone that is frustrating you so much? Do I think "User 1" in this instance is innocent? Absolutely not. However, you took things too far and must accept and take ownership of your mistakes.

Here is the video of you saying so: https://streamable.com/0cjs1q HEADPHONES USERS WARNING

Looking at my log above, you clearly state you are going to pull his IP as you both are discussing that you "know where each other live". Locations are tied to IP addresses. 

In my honest opinion - I know you've enjoyed your recent time on the server. You've been quite active and enjoyed yourself - you just took it a bit too far buddy. Ban should stand. If an admin feels that it should be less time, I can agree to that - however, we ban off of strict guidelines and your interaction falls in that.

- Strong

Do I sound like I am in the wrong yes. But he cut it before I finished what I was going to say he cut it where he looks innocent. It did indeed sound like I said that I will pull his ip but I am pretty sure in my mental state that I did not say what i said but really what I said i will pull up and pee and pull your mom Do I feel like I sound like I am in the wrong Yes. But was a simple video mistake really evidence of me saying I was going to pull his ip no i have examined it for more than 50x but you can and i pretty sure will stick to what you believe.

1 hour ago, Harm said:

Hey Crip,

- Strong

9 hours ago, Lawyer_dude said:

Do I sound like I am in the wrong yes. But he cut it before I finished what I was going to say he cut it where he looks innocent. It did indeed sound like I said that I will pull his ip but I am pretty sure in my mental state that I did not say what i said but really what I said i will pull up and pee and pull your mom Do I feel like I sound like I am in the wrong Yes. But was a simple video mistake really evidence of me saying I was going to pull his ip no i have examined it for more than 50x but you can and i pretty sure will stick to what you believe.

It's not what I believe, it's facts. There's a half-truth in there about a mom joke being said after the ip nonsense. Sure, you did make a mom joke - after you talked about pulling an IP address. We now have 2 individual videos thanks to xFish which prove that you talked about IP's. Why is it so difficult to just be honest? I recognize it possibly, possibly was said in a joking manner. The person reported you though, and our role is to take the report seriously. He reported you specifically for IP Pulling threats. We received video evidence and acted on it. This response is pushing blame from your actions to saying that you were incorrectly banned, and the videos were false. Do you see how silly this all is?

It's about time to take ownership of what you said.

- Strong

• 300 IQ 1