DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Enable No Collide Tool

Jbhh

Proposed Changes:
-Enable Nocollide tool for everyone vip or not 
- Add 3 addendums to the rules   
     a. Nocollide hidden doors are not allowed   
     b. You are not allowed to use NoCollide for the purpose of peaks(i.e. going in and out of a nocollide prop to shoot someone.)
     c. Nocollide may not be placed in the entry way of the base to stop explosive damage.
 Reasoning: 

There has been a lot of controversial talk over nocollide but every suggestion is just complaining not bringing anything of substance to the table. 
I would like to forefront the nocollide tool is unblocked and usable by everyone VIP or not. 
The current meta of Nocollide is unsustainable people who know how to get access to it still use it despite it being not allowed. 
Tons of players use it back in their base just for QOL and it will never get reported as no one makes it that far into their base or it just doesnt even have practical effect.
 There are a few problems with NoCollide that should be addressed. 

1st- Nocollide doors can be used to create "Fake doors" this should just be banned in the rules but is not a reason to entirely disable nocollide. 
2nd- is broken peaks being able to constantly run infront of and out of nocollide is a problem espesially when they are see through from the defenders perspective.
3rd- NoCollide can be used to block all explosive damage with glass(this imo is actually gamebreaking) No collide props should not be allowed in entry way of a base.

I think that these changes would allow NoCollide to be effectively punished when the use of them is malicious but the use of nocollide for QOL should be allowed. 

If there is actual reason or an exploit that means the tool cannot be used so be it lock and remove all the NoCollide threads but if not I think this should be given fair credence.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

Edited by Hama
3rd rule change added
  • Like 3
  • 4 months later...