Jimmy Saint Staff App

Jimmy Saint

Name:Jimmy Saint

Total time on the server: | MARSOC SgtMaj Jimmy Saint has played for 617:49:49.

Do you own a microphone: Yes

Referrals: Nightmare

Staff History:  No current active warns

Country of Residence: Australia

Essay Portion

Past experiences staffing? Throughout out my time playing gmod I have been apart of the staff team on a fair few servers. Majority if not all of the servers I have Staffed on were StarwarsRP and MilRP servers. On many StarwarsRP servers I was Mod a few times and admin once. I have only ever been staff once on a MilRP server and that was on here when we were still using CS Desert. The reason that I am no longer staff on the StarwarsRP servers is because the servers Died because of certain decisions the management team made. The reason I stopped being staff on here is because I had connections issues and computer issues so I wasn’t able to make a LOA request and didn’t worry about returning for a while.

Why do you plan on benefiting our server? (100 words minimum)

I think that I should be chosen for the staff team because I am able to Join the server later at night when others aren't and I think that would be good because I would have experience working on my own and I can make sure everyone is having fun later at night. By being able to play at that time it is also easier for me to practice doing sits when not many people are on and when most staff are not on. I am good at problem solving which can be good as staff because it will mean I can resolve problems quicker. If I am unsure about something i'm not afraid to ask. If someone comes to me with a problem I would try my best to help them and if I can't help them myself I would get someone who can. If i'm not the best at something I work at it and try get better so I can then help other people with the same problem or just help people better than I could in the past. If there is something that I need to do I will try my best to make sure It is done correctly. This doesn't really explain how I will act as a staff, so about that as staff I would take a sit when its comes up and I would set an example for other players on the server.

I Hope that you consider me for staff and give me a chance to prove myself

-Jimmy Saint

Edited by Jimmy Saint

I am not aware of any misconduct from you if there is any.  Being the first to comment, I'd like to wait and see what others have to say about you.

You identified some parts of what a staff member should act like.
However, there is a major issue with this application; you did not identify why you would like to become a staff member.

In the section where it asks you, "Why do you plan on benefiting our server?",
 you only stated how.
Personally, I see no point to asking this question, so I won't take that too much into account.
There is really only one answer:  You like the server and want it to be a better place.
You did mention making it a place where people did what they were supposed to do, but didn't directly answer it.  

Please fix your minor grammatical errors.  Some may see this as the applicant not taking this serious.  I don't believe that, but it's better safe than sorry.

I think that I would like to see more out of this essay portion.  You stated some shaky statements about understanding the rules, but I would like to see you state how you plan on behaving as a staff member.  Even if you only add that, I would +1, depending on the answer.

It will remain a neutral from me, for now, for these reasons:

-You are lacking in the essay portion.   ( See green underlined text.)
-I don't have many encounters with you.
-I would like to see what others think about you.

Grammatical errors aren't holding my +1 back, nor would it encourage a -1, from me, but please fix them. 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Did I miss something? Did I get something wrong? Please reply and correct me! Everyone deserves to be heard.

Huge +1 for Jimmy, Perfect Role model, Mostly Quiet, Never saw him slip up before, always mature and good leadership skills! Jimmy would make A good Staff Member and will leave a print in staff history 🙂! Add me to Refferals!

Good luck Jimmy!

Edited by Nightmare_17
  • Like 1

I see you on the server often, but I don't know anything about you. It seems like you haven't put yourself out there that much to allow others to learn about you except for the people in 1MD/MARSOC. Like Nightmare said you are mostly quiet, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can restrict you from interactions with others.  I can't confidently entrust you with the duties of staff because of the lack of knowledge I have on you. I am going to have to -1 this.

• Like 2

+1 Trustworthy and mature compared to most. I do think you should put yourself out there a little more but I feel that will come with time and more confidence. Especially since you will do sits with many players over your career introducing you to players you haven't really had the chance to meet.

A truly kind and although it is a video game he is hard working and puts effort into the things that he pursues.

I think he deserves a shot yall.

Out of all the staff members its going to be a little difficult conjuring something new and interesting of ways you can benefit the server. Everyone shares one common interest and wishes to progress to give back to the community. Im not going to -1 this for I do believe you have nothing but good intentions. Of all the times I have had interactions with you have been neither conflicting nor destructive. I do believe you will make a fine staff member and of course not everyone can start out as a perfect ideal staff memeber. As time goes on you will learn more in depth of how to handle certain scenarios and thats just part of the learning experience. 

I agree with

@Timid for your grammatical errors do need a little touch up. 

@Hardey | GarnetGaming.net Interaction with community members is a key essential to progressing in the server because you gain their trust and they will have confidence you will maintain control in a sit and deal with the sit efficiently and professionally. 

You do have a lot of "If" statements which isnt necessarily a bad thing, however it can be altered to put it in the scenario of something actually happening and it adds more confidence to your ability to handle certain situations. 

I will remain neutral for the time being and I hope you fix your grammatical errors (which are minor). After some changes you will have my +1

Best of luck on your Staff Application Jimmy!!