DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Emery Ban Appeal

In-game name: 11B WO1 Emery
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): Steam ID: 76561198195633454
Staff members in-game name: Tesla
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): Unknown.
Date & Time of incident: 4/15/2023  around 4-3:40 PM CST.
Timezone: CST
Ban Reason: Mass RDM
How long were you banned for?: 2 Weeks.
Proof of Ban:  --
What happened? (include any proof): I know this may seem off and I apologize for the situation. I run a business, and usually when customers come inside the store, I have to go AFK and take care of the customer. I have an employee with me who was sitting next to me, so when I got up, he hopped on my computer. I come back to find I was banned. Attached here was a proof of sale I was assuming was around the time frame I went afk. I provided pictured proof of my computer in the location I am in to Tesla.
Why should your ban be removed?: It wasn't me who RDMed. I will be a bit more cautious when I go afk by locking my PC before I leave, but this wasn't caused by me at all. I just got up and went to go do work. 

Edited by BasicEmery
add/
  • Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Administration Team

You didn't think to alt-tab, close the game, or use the shift-tab menu? 
I don't know man. It doesn't seem like something you would do, but regardless, you need to understand that you shouldn't EVER leave your computer open in a public place if you walk away from it. 

I think the ban should be reduced to two days and let it serve as a lesson not to leave your computer open in public spaces. 

• Agree 4

I mean, from what I see the proof doesn't show that it wasn't you. 

Could be another case of "it was my (x) not me I swear" but regardless, leaving your computer open is pretty irresponsible and your fault in the end.
Two weeks is a bit much for killing like four dudes but I don't make the rules.
Good luck with your business in the meantime

+1

In short, I dont feel like the server is in a state where we can loosely ban US entry officers from playing the game for 2 weeks. For the sole fact that the Mass was not extremely harmful to the server (being 4 people with a knife), I feel you could still make good contributions to the server. As memey as this sounds, possibly putting you on community service hours or some type of initiative to prove yourself after the ban could be viable. Again, I would expect you to completely discharge any mingey behavior if you do get unbanned. Part of me also wants to believe that this was a genuine accident, as this appeal as well as your discord messages had a hint of sincerity. I say give this man a chance, however if he shows any slight sense of misbehavior hit him with the hammer again.

Edited by Reynolds

Accepted

As the individual handling this issue, Emery does not strike me as the person to just MRDM so to me the story seems true. While this is a more personal reason, there are many other ways you could have MRDMd to become a detriment to the server. Stabbing 4 guys wildly isn’t necessarily a “detriment”.

However, please be more mindful in the future as to who you leave your PC open to.

also sorry for the bad formatting, I’m on my phone.

@Fonzaplease lock and move

• Like 2
  • Agree 4