Raid DB Removal

TLDR : Basically as the title says.

The raid DB rule doesn't make the server better. A raid should be something that come out of nowhere not something that you have to advertise. Even if is supposed to be in "AFG" or "US" comms everyone can see it which causes meta game. Having to advert the start and end of a DB lets the other team know you're coming so they just sit at their gates and wait(which is metagame). If you say "well just don't meta game" its really hard not to because you know its coming. To fix this I think we should add a 15-20 min cooldown instead of the DB.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 5

I have provided a lot of input in the Discord forum with the same suggestion, I recommend you look there for more information.

Anyway, my weight on this is that the rule should be removed, at all costs.

It kills participation in raids by making everyone wait 5 minutes, doing nothing.
It kills RP, as whenever Taliban soldiers have the upper hand, and the opportunity, lets say after finishing a tryout, they would not walk back to base, sit on their ass for 5 minutes and then raid. It doesn't follow realistic scenario.
It kills connivence. If a busy officer wants to raid, but it bogged down with tryouts, docs, trainings, and events, they should be able to without spending 10+ minutes of peacetime on it.
It kills the element of surprise. With almost every officer I've known, we have always dismissed verbally, no "DB dismissed" advert. By forcing officers to call DB during peacetime, which almost never occurs, sets it in the other teams mind that they are either coming, or doing something RP. Then the DB dismissed advert, which is never used on AFG, and the only time I have seen it used, is for raid DBs. At that point everyone on the server knows, not in RP but they know, a raid is coming. No one is ever truly "surprised" by a raid, and preventing metagame is impossible IF YOU INVITE THE OTHER TEAM TO SUBTLY METAGAME OVER A CONVIEIENT 5 MINUTE RANDOM PEACETIME DB.

At this point no one really knows what this rule was actually meant to prevent but follow this little guide please:

If you don't want people to duo-raid, increase the minimum amount of people for raid.
If you don't want people to raid as often, increase raid CD.
If you don't want people to raid DB, Increase the 5 minute before and after war raid timer.
If you don't want the same person to raid, make it so the same person cannot raid twice in a row over a certain pop.

BUT if you want to make it so people have to waste their time, announce raid to the other team, and only no-life officers can raid because they have nothing better to do than raid, then keep this garbage rule. 

If you disagree, I would love to see your reasoning

+1, Remove this garbage rule!

Edited by AwesomeC664
bad spelling

I honestly think the current cooldown to raid is perfectly fine. Yes there was a certain group of people that would abuse the rule but they are long gone now. I think instead a better solution would be once a country finishes their post-war debrief and they have intentions to raid they must call another DB. They don't neccasarily have to be in this debrief but the advert must be made in chat. This idea completely nullifies the 5 minute Raid DB rules. Yes this does cause some sort of metagaming to a extent but it wouldn't be as severe as a 5 minute DB.