DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Ban Appeal

MrCubez

In-game name: Snuffy, prior as Mr Cubes.  (Saying this mainly because Snuffy was a test run for a name switch.)

SteamID : STEAM_0:0:139498605

Staff members in-game name: No idea, I wasn't in a sit to see it. All I have is his ID and Steam name. Sorry. I know that doesn't help.

Staff members SteamID : STEAM_0:0:419885273

Date & Time of incident: 6/20/2023 (Ban more than likely issued around 3 AM by my math.)

Timezone: EST (Eastern Time Zone.)

Ban Reason: RDM+LTAP.
How long were you banned for:  48 hours (More than likely was the original number, based on how rdm + ltap bans usually go for.)

Proof of Ban: 

1fyQMieVDScgARzZPkWtrCjh-i05OKeTW4Gdn2TGdDgcPMqjvpr02AXDO5PLmiDJDd0B9IiTfC_TqQO8IEJ_cPTvJwDp4JlSQcaGSGuFaXiCn5x8N022f9-A9wOPFo2K6TBDcSWaZ_uw7CNaqbDQa58

What happened?  

All I can gather right now is I killed someone before I left the server. I had nobody to message at the time to clarify, mainly because they weren't on when I was on; or because it was like 3 AM. (I'm saying "like" because I don't exactly have a timestamp for when I was banned exactly because I wasn't there. So honestly, I have to take a rough estimate based on how long the ban still is through minutes to hours on Google.)  When I got off, I went to spawn to just chat with some mfs. Barely anyone was on, so I dipped. I wasn't in a sit when I left, nor was I in a situation with staff whatsoever.

Why should your ban be removed?

I just wanna make it clear now : I believe this was 100% NOT the staff member's fault. (To be honest I don't even know who that guy is in game.) 

Yeah, I get it, RDM is RDM. There's gotta be some form of consequence for it. Whether it was at 3 AM or at 11 PM, it's still breaking a rule. I just don't find it justified that it's at the hour where nearly everyone is getting off and the server is slowly decreasing in player count.  My point is, it's not really fair to immediately conclude it as Leaving to Avoid Punishment when a large number of players of getting off for the night.  But to conclude this section, I'd say that there needs to be a form of accountability on my part. I'm not going to play that game where, "I don't remember" is my only excuse. To receive the RDM portion, I had to have killed someone for no reason. On my end, I hold responsibility. I just don't think this was the right way to go about it.

Choose to believe me or not, but I had absolutely NO idea that I had been reported. Nor did I have any understanding that a RDM report was even created. I was getting off for the night, that's it. Wanted to hop on for a little, BAM. Ban screen. Trying to turn shit around. I know I've fucked up and got a lot of bans, but I'm tryna do better.

If it doesn't get appealed or any of that, it'd be pretty cool if someone at told me if there's a part of ltap that I'm missing here.

Btw : I fucked it up. I submitted the same appeal request in military RP by accident. This be for DarkRP.

Edited by MrCubez
  • DarkRP Administration Team

StarPhantom -

I have read your appeal and gladly will let you be unbanned, at the time I had no idea if you left on purpose or not, I did try to bring you as fast as I could but it said you weren't on

Evidence: (clip isn't working but I have logs on kills)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2992007198

• DarkRP Management Team

ACCEPTED!

As StarPhantom has said, they could not determine if you had left the server intentionally;

StarPhantom also forgot to archive the connection logs to show at what time you disconnected, so there is no way to determine for sure if you left before reaching the sit.

Regardless, I see no harm in unbanning you.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you! 
Your ban will be revoked.

@stretchy @Proggy
Please lock & move.