DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

ednarbneumi - Ban Appeal

ednarbneumi

In-game name: ednarbneumi
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:581057557
Staff members in-game name: Korn
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:138969210
Date & Time of incident: 11/13/23 @ 11:30PM
Timezone: CST
Ban Reason: Cheating/Scripting
How long were you banned for?: 50 years
Proof of Ban: Bans Page
What happened? (include any proof): I was on the server playing in an RDM arena that Korn had set up. I was using my (p2w) Dragonlore and a PKM getting some decent kills, and was apparently being spectated by Korn while doing so. Moments after I had gotten off to go play another game with my friend (we got on BeamNG.drive, very fun game!) I was messaged by Korn telling me that he was suspicious of my shots and that he had been spectating me, he came to the conclusion on his own that he was "fairly certain" I was cheating and that I would be being banned for hacking. He told me that I can appeal "if I want" in order to get more higherups involved in the situation, but he was standing firm on his "4 minutes of evidence" against me and keeping the ban in place. 

I should also mention that during most of the session that I was on, the server seemed to be lagging hard (unless it was just me), either way I doubt this made things look any less suspicious for me. If I hit a shot on my client and my connection is falling behind, the server will essentially "do what it has to do" in order for my actions to line up with what information is being sent by the client. This isn't an excuse by any means, but should be taken into consideration in a scenario like this.

Here is the message that was sent to me by Korn (which is the only instance of communication made to me throughout the entirety of the session) as well as a screenshot from earlier in the session. It's not much, but it does show my ping during that night. (It was quite a bit prior to my ban, but is the only piece of media(screenshot/video) that I have at all from the session.) 

Yc5K02N.png

g2RgrBi.png

TLDR - 

• There was never any report made against me in-game and I was not at all given a fair chance to discuss this with anyone and give my input prior to the ban.
  • There was zero attempt made to handle this in-game, he waited until I got off to issue the ban.
  • He was spectating me based off his own assumptions/suspicions that I was cheating and banned me based of his own judgement. This should have been handled by an entirely different and unbiased pair of eyes.
  • I feel confidently that the entire situation was not handled properly and should be reviewed by different parties than just the one who originally suspected me and the one who made the final call on the ban.
  • Extremely unprofessional behavior and misconduct from a Lead Admin.

Edited by ednarb
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Cringe 1
  • Creative 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

Hello Ednarb. 
Firstly, i wanted to say i did not wait until you got off. I uploaded the over 4 minute long video i had of spectating you so that took a while, and i was also sharing with other Lead Admins.
Secondly, I do not need a report to take action on someone cheating, everyone knows this.
Thirdly, how is there any bias in this... you are literally my friend lolll
Finally, what i got in the clip i am not allowed to share since its Lead Admin + commands... In the clip it shows you aiming feet away from the people and still killing them. Another thing it shows is every now and then it shows you snapping on to people when, again, looking multiple feet away from the people. 
There is not much more for me to say other than wait for the Lead Admins to talk about this again and finalize this situation.

• Like 1
  • Spicy 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Informative 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

Accepted
Thank you for your appeal. I have spoken with the DarkRP Executive Team in regards to your ban, and we have determined that the clip provided by Korn was far from adequate evidence to warrant banning anyone, especially a staff member, of cheating/hacking on our server. Your ban will be lifted.

Due to the severity of the accusations made against you, your standing as an active member of our staff team for the last several months, and the fact that your ban was issued by another member of the Executive Team, I have investigated the situation and passed my recommendation on to Nutter and Conway for approval. The result of the investigation, was that Korn acted outside of normal procedures by banning you without sufficient evidence. This, paired with recent events such as Korn knowingly allowing and assisting players to intentionally cause mayhem on the server, (by means of Cheating, Ban Evading, and Mass RDMing,) with the intention to disrupt players from enjoying the server. 

Korn will be receiving staff strikes on the grounds of banning without proper evidence, violating procedure, and failure to report/act upon players causing or intending to cause mayhem on the server. Considering all the above events, the fact that Korn was already demoted within the past 30 days, and one time previously, Korn will receive a removal from the DarkRP Staff team, effective immediately. Also, the above events will be discussed amongst the other members of The Executive Team, and additional punishment may be considered beyond staff strikes and demotions. 

Thank you for taking the time to make this appeal, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Informative 2
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Community Director

Curious to see who reacted "Cringe", "hWaaAt?", or "Dumb". Interesting. Also interesting to ban someone for "fairly certain" 😬

On the topic of the ban, the 4 minutes of "evidence", I think was PERFECTLY described by @Wubb with "about half is useless" and "Some pretty sus locking on but that is kinda it".

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1