Staff members in-game name: ChrisRid
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): N/A
Date & Time of incident: In the last week, I don't have the exact date
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
Ban Reason: Ban Evasion
How long were you banned for?: 50 years
Proof of Ban:?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett
What happened? (include any proof):

I was banned for 50 years for ban evasion, but I was never evading anything. I was supposed to be banned for 2 weeks for MRDM. It wasn't intentional but a series of unfortunate events. I'm willing to accept the 2-week ban because, in the end, I did kill 4 people. 

So it's not confusing:

mod 1 was going to ban me for 2 weeks

mod 2 kicked me

Mod 1 was actively banning me for 2 weeks but mod 2 kicked me before mod 1 could ban me, I rejoined and that caused mod 1 to think I was evading my ban but I was just joining back so I could get banned. I am just requesting my 2-week ban so I can get back to playing, rather than 50 years. You don't have to appeal the whole ban, just reduce it to 2 weeks. 

I don't have any proof but if you could ask ChrisRid, he might be able to give light on the situation

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Hi there Tom1117 / BOBO-Kun / tic tace,

Thank you for taking the time to make an appeal. In short, yes you are correct, but here's a full explanation:

You were initially reported for mass random death match (MRDM). When I brought you and the reporter to the sit roof, the reporter said "He's just prop-blocked spawn, just ban him" to which you said "I'm going to go on my alt account and just come back" and "I'm just going to use a VPN and keep coming back". I confirmed you had indeed prop-blocked spawn, and so I put a ban request through in the in-game staff chat. The following video shows you saying these things as well as the prop-block spawn, which is what I ended up requesting a ban for (instead of going through the logs and excuses for the MRDM, given the ban length is the same).

Following that report, a minute later I received another report for prop-block spawn, and upon teleporting to the reporter I see you again under the same name saying "Who prop-blocked spawn?" in the same voice, while moving one of the props. And so I requested a ban for ban evasion. See the video below of this taking place:

However... as it has transpired, my initial ban request was not put through, but instead another moderator had reconnected you shortly after requesting the ban, and having only glanced at the chat seeing your name, it lead me to believe it had been put through. When I saw you'd returned, heard your voice, and saw you had prop-blocked spawn again (just as you said you would) I believed you were indeed being a blatant menace using an alt account as promised, however you were in-fact still on the same account given you had only been reconnected and not yet banned.

I apologise for the mistake on my part, this is a good example of confirmation bias, where everything pointed at you ban evading despite the fact you actually were not, and if I had of taken a few more seconds to fully read the message in chat after putting your ban request through, I would have seen it said you had been reconnected and not banned. So with that in mind, your ban should be reduced to the initial period of 2 weeks. Please don't make it a hat-trick by prop-blocking spawn for a third time when you return though.

• Friendly 1
  • Community Director
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ChrisRid said:

I'm going to go on my alt account and just come back" and "I'm just going to use a VPN and keep coming back

This appeal should be denied based on this alone, actually mind boggling that someone would tell staff that they are going to ban evade.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Agree 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

zvjizvrkco.png
DENIED
After review of the evidence provided by @ChrisRid I have decided to Deny your ban.

@ChrisRid did admit to his fault and his misunderstanding but @AlexConway is right.

If you did not say that you would be BLATANTLY ban evading using alts and a VPN then it would be getting reduced to 2 weeks.

Thank you for attempting an appeal, as well as the effort you have put into your appeal.

• Agree 1