Is cereal a soup?

Cereal & Soup  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is Cereal a Soup?

In attempts to cause all-out debate between the community, I bring to the table one question. This question may twist the minds of many, and confuse several individuals of whom read it.

To make it short and simple, is cereal a soup?

Personally, I think that milk and cereal are simply just defined as cereal, but I believe it can also be defined as a soup. What do you guys think? This is my attempts in starting 'World War III' as it has happened before with them, "Is Water Wet," debate. 

-OoF

Edited by MrMcChicken
8 hours ago, gooxd said:

Milk = liquid

Liquid = Water

Cereal + water = liquid cereal

Therefore, Cereal is a soup.

Definition of soup: a liquid dish, made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water.

Cereal is not a meat, fish, or vegetable. It's typically made from grains, so yeet.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
6 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

Definition of soup: a liquid dish, made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water.

Cereal is not a meat, fish, or vegetable. It's typically made from grains, so yeet.

Soup: a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water. 

It says typically, meaning that you 1, you removed it to make yourself right... retard and 2 there are exceptions where there is cold soup in some parts of eastern europe made with water and grain (usually poor regions) and not boiled.

23 minutes ago, [GG] Cypher said:

Soup: a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water. 

It says typically, meaning that you 1, you removed it to make yourself right... retard and 2 there are exceptions where there is cold soup in some parts of eastern europe made with water and grain (usually poor regions) and not boiled.

Actually, I removed "typically savory," as I saw that had no relevance to the definition.  

Edit: A liquid dish, typically savory and made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables etc. in stock or water.

Edit edit: And you're using something that's out of the norm to use as a standard. We're talking about the norm here. 

Edited by D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK
1 hour ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

Edit edit: And you're using something that's out of the norm to use as a standard. We're talking about the norm here.

Nothing in the post says is it normal, it asks is it or is it not.

57 minutes ago, [GG] Cypher said:

Nothing in the post says is it normal, it asks is it or is it not.

Well there has to be standards and norms to base the argument off of, yes? Otherwise I'll say human piss and shit is soup because it's a solid in a liquid. And you'll probably be like: "well it is lol" or something stupid like that >.>

28 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

Well there has to be standards and norms to base the argument off of, yes? Otherwise I'll say human piss and shit is soup because it's a solid in a liquid. And you'll probably be like: "well it is lol" or something stupid like that >.>

Well, cereal is a soup. You have liquid in a bowl with the cereal, and it is defined as a liquid dish. The definition of a dish can mean a bowl, which in that case, cereal is a soup. If you put human shit into a bowl and pour milk into it, technically, it is a soup. But, due to normality, it is not something that is done. In this case, cereal is a typical thing that we just call cereal, but we do not call it soup. But, it is a soup. 

Edited by MrMcChicken