DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MP Reimplementation

Suggestion Description:
Reimplementation of military police classes for both US and RU as a means of roleplay and a medium of punisment execution without staff intervention. Also a means to overcome that lack activity on during peacetime by allowing players to do roleplay scenarios like hearings, court marshalling. 

Benefits:
- Allows players to intervene with minor misconduct without having to resort to a staff report.
- Allows for a better roleplay experience as players can act out scenarios as explained above
- Allows for players to secure their trainings and tryouts with an actual security force

Additional Information: 

Ranking: 

- Follows Army Ranking structure however some ranks may be removed within enlisted as it is not meant to be a mainable faction

- Highest officer rank should be Captain or O-3

Equipment: 

- Light SMG like MP5 

- Handgun 

- Handcuff

- Stunstick without the player launching capabilities

8 minutes ago, Crin {GG} said:

-1. Not needed at the moment, there are more importent things to do, we have our diplomat classes. 

3 minutes ago, Not cool kid said:

-1 no need when you got diplomats

This is supposed to eliminate the need for the diplomat classes and allow a better player driven executive system. 

2 minutes ago, Sneaky Goose said:

This is supposed to eliminate the need for the diplomat classes and allow a better player driven executive system. 

Remember when Pony was ANP yea no

and when you staff your less likely to abuse the MP powers 

Edited by Not cool kid
4 minutes ago, Sneaky Goose said:

What’s so wrong with diplomats that you already want to “eliminate” them? They’re fine 

42 minutes ago, Crin {GG} said:

What’s so wrong with diplomats that you already want to “eliminate” them? They’re fine 

They are kind of arbitrary seeing as staff can handle sits off duty. Why not allow players to have the ability to handle common sits like players mic spamming or disobeying while roleplaying? Why limit it to just staff? And if mingy players are an issue, MP can be a class that is handpicked and monitored by staff, if not, a responsible leader.

Edited by Sneaky Goose
4 minutes ago, Sneaky Goose said:

They are kind of arbitrary seeing as staff can handle sits off duty. Why not allow players to have the ability to handle common sits like players mic spamming or disobeying while roleplaying? Why limit it to just staff? And if mingy players are an issue, MP can be a class that is handpicked and monitored by staff.

Why would we let players do things that staff are supposed to do. We have staff for a reason, we’re not going to allow MP handle “common sits”. The class that you just described is basically the diplomat. 

• Winner 1
Just now, Crin {GG} said:

Why would we let players do things that staff are supposed to do. We have staff for a reason, we’re not going to allow MP handle “common sits”. 

That way players have something to do roleplay wise and these common sits being handled by players will free up staff to much bigger problems such as people RDMing.

6 minutes ago, Sneaky Goose said:

That way players have something to do roleplay wise and these common sits being handled by players will free up staff to much bigger problems such as people RDMing.

There are barely and sits as it is. If a user wants to help out in a staff they can apply for staff, not for MP

I'm going to +1 this because while I enjoy diplomats and playing as one, I always liked the MP. I believe it is a fun way to RP as long as there is a good leader of the MP. Although I will say it may not be completely necessary with diplomats, and I have seen some idiotic MP on afghan. Also I'm not sure if Garnet is very interested in adding this. But like I said I would really enjoy this, but that is my two cents! 

TLDR: +1

• Community Director
17 minutes ago, Crin {GG} said:

There are barely and sits as it is. If a user wants to help out in a staff they can apply for staff, not for MP

Boy you are thick, some people like RPing and not taking sits. If someone thinks MP is a better system than the broken unrealistic Diplomats that are under used, you shouldn’t tell them their only opportunity to help in that manner is apply for staff and grind sits.

—————-

+1 - Staff are too incompetent to utilize the Diplomat classes, they also are unrealistic. The diplomats also don’t have proper load outs. Worst case scenario you just remove MP. It adds a value of Roleplay.