Gamma's Ban Appeal

Gamma

In-Game Name: Gamma

Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198140582140/

When did the punishment occur?: June 1st 2018.

Warn/Ban Reason: Mass RDM (x8)

Who was involved: Alexander Conway (The person who reported me)

Why should your appeal be accepted?: Because when I killed the 8 people they where shooting at me and my fellow RU members. Only one of them damaged me but they did shoot at us first. That's when I killed 4 people. Then they started coming back and ran into our claimed KOS area. SSO had it claimed and I was doing training under SSO but they shot at my fellow RU members and that's when I killed 4 more of them. I was banned for killing in a KOS zone owned by the SSO when we where being shot at.

Proof: I don't have any screenshots or recordings because they where already being brought into sits. So I did not take any screenshots. Also I don't have recording software.

If they shot at my fellow RU then I should have been able to kill them. Im not gonna agrue any more because it's pointless to agrue like this but all I will say is I should be able to defend my fellow RU members if they are shot by US.

• Community Director
Just now, Gamma said:

If they shot at my fellow RU then I should have been able to kill them. Im not gonna agrue any more because it's pointless to agrue like this but all I will say is I should be able to defend my fellow RU members if they are shot by US.

The ROE is Do not shoot unless shot up, you must take damage. YOU ARE AN RFR! Cmon bro

• Community Director

DISCLAIMER - my mic wasn't working, apologies, i tried to type as much as I could:

ORIGINAL CLAIM: (Please note this isn't a valid claim as there are legit sandbags EVERYWHERE, but side-note)

q04aQTt.png

ORIGINAL REPORT VIDEO: (Where I was tailing the PV1s)

Gamma Sit Part 1:

Gamma Sit Part 2: 

@Ethan

@[GG] Beating - Thank you both for handling the sit easily and professionally, sorry it was long as fuck. 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 1

Just got done watching the videos. Im sorry for the way I was typing I meant no dis to anyone I just wanted to go on our ways. But in your first vid it does show when you walked away there was gunfire at that location from that bunker (not saying you shot) but that bunker is hard to see into and it shows we where under fire from the US. Now im going shut my trap because no one wants to see me complain and shit but im just pointing out what was going on in my head at that moment I killed you.

I should have not killed you that was RDM my fault but it's just explaining what was going on.

Edited by Gamma
Misspelling and forgotten points.
  • Like 1
  • Community Director
Just now, Gamma said:

Just got done watching the videos. Im sorry for the way I was typing I meant no dis to anyone I just wanted to go on our ways. But in your first vid it does show when you walked away there was gunfire at out location from that bunker (not saying you shot) but that bunker is hard to see into and it shows we where under fire from the US. Now im going shut my trap because no one wants to see me complain and shit but im just pointing out what was going on in my head at that moment I killed you.

In the sit I pointed out, if you don’t know specifically who shot you, it’s generally not a good idea to ASSUME. And trust me... that’s from experience. Let’s leave it to the management and operators to decide. Beating and Ethan will comment soon I’m sure. 

——-

Feel free to PM me anymore questions

Ill leave it at this because its really fucking simple lmao and knowing that you are an RFR doing this bugs me.Just because people are shootin up yo band of misfits does not mean you have to necessarily shoot the shit out of all of them.You were not aware of who shot you and just shot a nig anyway which is a no no so basically what i'm saying is you fucked up and this will most likely not be accepted but their is always a chance :D...a small chance.

I was just gonna wait out the ban but my friend kept bugging me so I said fuck it. I know what I did was wrong but all im doing is explaining what was going on in my head atm. But what I just wanna say was if I was walking with a group of 5 RU on a normal day and all of a sudden 4 US come up and shoot at us killing 2 RU I should not shoot back? Idk about others and I will not assume but to me that does not sound right.

(Edited) But as you see in the video we got shot from that bunker where I made the call (bad one) And shot him. All im saying is that was where we got shot at and we fired back.

Edited by Gamma

Gamma, I wish you would have reacted in a calmer manner. I feel like you acted hastily instead of investigating the shots a bit more and verbally warning him. It's unfortunate that they started shooting at you. Sadly that is the Server, sometimes people are dicks. It's about deciding if you want to be the bigger man or not.

~Versetti

Edited by Nexus

Sadly what you did was against the rules, and is deserving of a ban. The first ROE only applies to yourself when you are damaged without being in a KOS situation. Only one of your kills were justified because that Soldier shot you first, and you should've stopped shooting there. Even if all of them were in the KOS area, the claim was KOS to interruptions, which is like that for a reason. This stops people from shooting someone just for stepping in the wrong area, and instead allows only those that intentionally interfere to be KOS'd. Furthermore, only the SSO host that performed the claim and any other SSO assisting him would be able to enforce this KOS. As a trainee in that session, you should've stayed still and awaited your host to come back.

• Like 1