DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

higher ups inactive in-game

IAMEVOLVE

ik ik ik this is an overused complaint but honestly i like this community and would like to keep staffing on it but at this rate GG will be dead within a few months if no higher ups will take charge, Yes you don't need to remind me about garnets loa.. hes still active on the forums tho which is nice but mate if you want this community to stay alive you have to bring in a senior Admin to the co-owner position.. I personally haven't seen a less organized staffing team. Also I do know that garnet had some issues with a previous co owner but as long as you keep up with the updates, the other owner may do promos and demotes aswell as representing the in-game portion of GG he would never even need perms to fuck with the forums or the server at all. Just a suggestion don't mean to be an ass but like plez fix your staff roster so it can atleast compete with some other higher tier servers on gmod \

this suggestion is based on DARKRP not MRP, as MRP still has a good standing ATM

@Garnet

1 hour ago, Vincent said:

Maybe not shoot so high as Co-Owner. Maybe just a manager or two?
For example, somebody with power enough to set ranks and manage stuff but not to where they could delete forums or teamspeak like i heard an ex-co owner did. 

well i more mean someone like jerold who Ive heard made manager position or close to it be given more power as manager just so he can represent the in-game portion

Guest ZachDLC

Agreed. I haven't been able to get someone with ability to set me vip for over a month since even @Phantom couldn't do it. When I was demoted I was set to user and not vip which is why you always see me running around as a thief.

It'd really be nice to have promotions consistent again, have higher staff on to monitor and assist lower staff again. The dying higher ups is leaking into the already small staff team. Its getting to the point I'm forced to warn stack or make a forum post at 11pm just to do my job. Please actually take this post serious. 

• Like 1

Personally, I would like to see a person like Source moved up to a higher position. The guy is always on, and has been MVP for sits 2 times if not 3. He has been in the community for a long time now, and is always in game. If he was given a bit more power, I am certain he can bring change to the server. 

Another staff that would be great is Jarold. If he is moved up to manager, he can bring so much change. Recently, I witnessed a staff member who had been without his rank for over a MONTH. That kind of stuff can’t happen on a server like this. 

One more side note: continue doing the 2 promotions a month. As a moderator, I feel useless sometimes as I don’t have access to higher commands. This isn’t a complaint, and I’m not asking for a promotion, but if there were two promos a month, I feel like I could become a lot more useful. Not only that, but it would prevent people from getting staff and just disappearing, only to return at the end of the month and get 90 sits.

Just my two cents. As Evolve said, not trying to be an ass. I truly love this server and it’s community. I don’t want to see it die like the last server I was a part of. Pls fix 

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
54 minutes ago, Bread God said:

Personally, I would like to see a person like Source moved up to a higher position. The guy is always on, and has been MVP for sits 2 times if not 3. He has been in the community for a long time now, and is always in game. If he was given a bit more power, I am certain he can bring change to the server. 

Another staff that would be great is Jarold. If he is moved up to manager, he can bring so much change. Recently, I witnessed a staff member who had been without his rank for over a MONTH. That kind of stuff can’t happen on a server like this. 

One more side note: continue doing the 2 promotions a month. As a moderator, I feel useless sometimes as I don’t have access to higher commands. This isn’t a complaint, and I’m not asking for a promotion, but if there were two promos a month, I feel like I could become a lot more useful. Not only that, but it would prevent people from getting staff and just disappearing, only to return at the end of the month and get 90 sits.

Just my two cents. As Evolve said, not trying to be an ass. I truly love this server and it’s community. I don’t want to see it die like the last server I was a part of. Pls fix 

Summed it up nice👍

On 12/19/2018 at 9:43 PM, Vincent said:

Maybe not shoot so high as Co-Owner. Maybe just a manager or two?
For example, somebody with power enough to set ranks and manage stuff but not to where they could delete forums or teamspeak like i heard an ex-co owner did. 

Take it from me, as an ex-manager: That won't solve your problem. 

Managers don't get permissions in-game other than the ability to no-clip off-duty without getting in trouble, the rights of hierarchy, and /propadminmode, which allows you to interact with other players' props.  Managers cannot set ranks, managers cannot demote, and managers cannot do anything truly hurtful in-game (not including bans); these rights are reserved to Super-Admins. However, I wrote the current staff strike system that is in use. I specifically wrote that system to give as much power to the Managers as possible, while still maintaining the checks and balances between Super-Admins, Managers, and other select important members of the staff team. This was due to a lack of active Supers at the time (albeit Evity was relatively active at the time that I wrote it), with Managers at the time being very active, which were Rohan and myself. You will see in the beginning that lots of strikes were given by DarkAlias, but those were Rohan given DarkAlias permission to give those particular strikes, given that Dark was only a Lead-Admin... I think. It's been a while. The system simply does not work without active managers, but it can function without supers. 

Yes, the power of setting ranks is definitely required. You'd need someone active and driven to fulfill that position. However, due to some issues in the past, there is a reason there is a lack of Super-Admins. Yes, someone deleted forums/Teamspeak, but neither of those things impacted anyone. Teamspeak got reverted to a previous state, forums were getting reset anyway, and he deleted the docs that I had made from scratch, which I reverted to a previous state. There has yet to be a Super that has maintained trust, activity, reliability, and drive all in one package. Generally, the only way to achieve this is by finding a very good person via luck, or by paying someone to do so. I'm not sure how much income Garnet pulls from the server nowadays, but it's arguably not enough to support a server and pay an employee a reasonable amount. 

I truly do hope you lot get this all figured out. Behind a great server is a great administration team. Behind a great administration team lies great management. It truly is a shame to see the lower staff members in awry due to lack of leadership. I pop on the server occasionally to see what's going on with everyone, so if you catch me on, feel free to ask me anything you'd like. Hope you all get everything figured out. 

• 300 IQ 2
46 minutes ago, JakePlays said:

Take it from me, as an ex-manager: That won't solve your problem. 

Managers don't get permissions in-game other than the ability to no-clip off-duty without getting in trouble, the rights of hierarchy, and /propadminmode, which allows you to interact with other players' props.  Managers cannot set ranks, managers cannot demote, and managers cannot do anything truly hurtful in-game (not including bans); these rights are reserved to Super-Admins. However, I wrote the current staff strike system that is in use. I specifically wrote that system to give as much power to the Managers as possible, while still maintaining the checks and balances between Super-Admins, Managers, and other select important members of the staff team. This was due to a lack of active Supers at the time (albeit Evity was relatively active at the time that I wrote it), with Managers at the time being very active, which were Rohan and myself. You will see in the beginning that lots of strikes were given by DarkAlias, but those were Rohan given DarkAlias permission to give those particular strikes, given that Dark was only a Lead-Admin... I think. It's been a while. The system simply does not work without active managers, but it can function without supers. 

Yes, the power of setting ranks is definitely required. You'd need someone active and driven to fulfill that position. However, due to some issues in the past, there is a reason there is a lack of Super-Admins. Yes, someone deleted forums/Teamspeak, but neither of those things impacted anyone. Teamspeak got reverted to a previous state, forums were getting reset anyway, and he deleted the docs that I had made from scratch, which I reverted to a previous state. There has yet to be a Super that has maintained trust, activity, reliability, and drive all in one package. Generally, the only way to achieve this is by finding a very good person via luck, or by paying someone to do so. I'm not sure how much income Garnet pulls from the server nowadays, but it's arguably not enough to support a server and pay an employee a reasonable amount. 

I truly do hope you lot get this all figured out. Behind a great server is a great administration team. Behind a great administration team lies great management. It truly is a shame to see the lower staff members in awry due to lack of leadership. I pop on the server occasionally to see what's going on with everyone, so if you catch me on, feel free to ask me anything you'd like. Hope you all get everything figured out. 

I believe managers should be able to promote to higher ranks or just get an active SA but that is luck like you said.