Cutting down on alt account minge staff.

in the last post this was discussed,  budda said 

Yikes what a child. I trained this dude too. Was super suspicious on how he aced the test so quick. @Evity have a great suggestion. It is now a REQUIREMENT to have a microphone and speak to staff unless given special permission. Thoughts? Cause i swear it’s always these no mic niggas that pull this.

I agree with the above and it should be discussed more. not only should ts be a requirement, but also a mic, like the rules state.

to clarify, I think:

A. new Staff MUST use a mic during training inside the ts, no exceptions w/o manager+ approval. 

B. the question: do you have access to Teamspeak and a microphone? should be split in two, to avoid people attempting to say "well I have ts but not a mic, so I answered yes." it should be two questions: 1. do you have access to Teamspeak 2. do you have a working microphone?

C. new staff that do not have a microphone in the ts while they said they would have one in their application, and admit to lying about it or misunderstanding the question, are to be instantly failed and removed from their rank. new staff that state their mic is broken but they do have one, are to have their training postponed until they are able to fix or acquire a new mic.

this will function as a way to determine alt account staff, as voice changers are easy to identify and you obviously can't change your voice irl, making it a very good way to stop alt accounts. 

you do not have to agree with my application of it, but if you agree with using a mic during training to be mandatory, +1. else, -1. if you think the application of it should be different, comment. 

thank you @Bread God for the idea.

Edited by Zaroni Pepperoni
Forgot Something.
  • Like 1

I agree with most of this. Like if you don't have a mic what is the point of staffing, yes it is needed sometimes but not in all situations. There should be a requirement for staff that they MUST have a mic in order to be trained/staff and if they had lied about it I would say an insta demote.  +1 

Not every body can afford a Mic, forcing people to have a Mic is discriminatory against lower income players like me who use a 10 year old desktop with a 1.5 ghz processor and have no Mic, is love to help out as staff one day but I don't have a Mic, so are you gonna deny me?

20 minutes ago, SG552 said:

Not every body can afford a Mic, forcing people to have a Mic is discriminatory against lower income players like me who use a 10 year old desktop with a 1.5 ghz processor and have no Mic, is love to help out as staff one day but I don't have a Mic, so are you gonna deny me?

yes. as much as it sucks, the price of denying staff from some people to retain the security of the server is one I am worth paying. also if your family is in such a bad spot, maybe playing gmod is not a good use of your time. you can legit get a $20 mic from Walmart. 

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
5 minutes ago, Zaroni Pepperoni said:

yes. as much as it sucks, the price of denying staff from some people to retain the security of the server is one I am worth paying. also if your family is in such a bad spot, maybe playing gmod is not a good use of your time. you can legit get a $20 mic from Walmart. 

Image result for hes right you know

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, [GG] Admin | Cameron said:

Unless you really know the person like Fupert then I think having a mic especially on DRP is mandatory 

You can get headphones for like $8 at a convience store

but I’m a supreme air pod master race user so idk

Jahmen brother

3 minutes ago, Preston Vasquez said:

What about those who purchase VIP Mod? 

lmao if they want to waste $50 by "trolling" the server then they can be my guest. if whenever santamyclanta epicly owned our server he paid $50 in the process then we would be kings.

• 300 IQ 1
3 minutes ago, Zaroni Pepperoni said:

lmao if they want to waste $50 by "trolling" the server then they can be my guest. if whenever santamyclanta epicly owned our server he paid $50 in the process then we would be kings.

I mean, would we require those who buy VIP Mod to have microphones? Some people will stay as staff, and once they want to quit playing or something they just abuse it to be demoted instead of resigning. I've seen people who bought VIP Mod do it 

1 minute ago, Preston Vasquez said:

I mean, would we require those who buy VIP Mod to have microphones? Some people will stay as staff, and once they want to quit playing or something they just abuse it to be demoted instead of resigning. I've seen people who bought VIP Mod do it 

that's not a problem that can be overcome with the mic rule. I would like there to be a disclaimer where it states that you must have a mic, however that is up to garnet. but again, if they want to abuse that's great, $ 50 for us.

Just now, ExoticNinja said:

tbh that shit needs to be removed 

Exactly, or they need to make it so you must have 48 hours to purchase it like you must have 48 hours to apply (recently changed if you wasnt informed) OR 

You are basically just a helper and can only warn/temp jail and arent promoted until higher ups see you're ready to become staff. 

• 300 IQ 1
1 minute ago, Preston Vasquez said:

Exactly, or they need to make it so you must have 48 hours to purchase it like you must have 48 hours to apply (recently changed if you wasnt informed) OR 

You are basically just a helper and can only warn/temp jail and arent promoted until higher ups see you're ready to become staff. 

I do like the temp helper idea, but make another suggestion instead of putting it here.