Staff members SteamID (/id (name):
Date & Time of incident: 1am 1/3/19
Timezone:0000
Ban Reason: warnlimit
How long were you banned for?: 1 day
Proof of Ban:
What happened? (include any proof):
Why should your ban be removed?:

I was just warned resulting for trying to help a hitman remove an active hit. The hitman asked in ooc how to remove an active hit, so I respond with "kill yourself" referring to how when a hitman dies his current hit is lost. I'm sorry for any miss communication here, i did not realise that what i typed could be taken that way. But i want to know why i was now given an in game sit to explain the situation 

Edited by sir_nickoli
Format

Honestly didnt even know you could get banned for telling someone to kill them selves in the first place, the more you know i guess. 

22 minutes ago, Kicks said:

use the format. 

Link him it next time 🙂

+1

Edited by Simon G

lQm737f.png

looks like quite a lot of warns....

getting seven warn bans within 2 months isn't a great thing to do. I would recommend reading the server rules, if you didn't know.

Also, warns for an OOC offense, likes Diss or Racism in OOC do not require a sit.

Next time you appeal a ban, at least take a screenshot of the ban message / the console after getting banned (Will show text logs)

Edited by Dr Turtle
  • Winner 1

To be honest, I feel like sir_nickoli might be telling the truth. If he was telling a hitman to kill himself, then I do say that his warn was sort of unfair. However next time maybe word it like "type kill in console" or something? (Don't be like those kids who type "quit smoking" for solutions)

+1 ive logged 100+ hr in the past month or so and i played with him quite a bit . although not all encounters were pleasant i cant believe he would genuinely tell another person to "kys" any other actions i cannot vouch for. he does rp by the book tho.

let me explain why I've being warn banned 7 times.

1. this was my first and only server for gmod where I began with reading the rules

2. the reason I never read the rules until recently because my f1 page broke / and the fact you need to scroll down for it confused me for a while

3. more recently the 2 fail base warns I currently have where for:

- the first I was experimenting with base designs and I asked for an admin to check it BEFORE I put printers in the                                                base he said it was ok but 5 mins later was warned for fail base but the same admin

- the second fail base warn was a base designed copyed straight off an admin's base from the day before, of both                                                which I never had a chance to correct.

4. many of my RDM warns are for miss clicks or crossfire, or most recently there was a case where I was attempted rdmed and shot the wrong dude.

However I don't bother trying to appeal them as they are all legit reasons to warn some one, I only chose to do this one as I didn't understand why I was not give a sit to try and explain or the why the admin was unable to see the chat going on and how i trying to help some one.

Sorry if this appeal wasted anyone time, but next time let me explain my side before warning me.

I AM THE ONE WHO BANNED HIM, AND I BELIEVE HE SHOULD BE UNBANNED.

Here's why. I joined the server, an started flying around, just doin my thing. my game freezes, and I get disconnected. When I rejoin, I see

sir Nikolai> Kill yourself

So, One of the other staff (T mod I thing, besides the point) says "diss in OOC lol" in admin chat. So I warn Nikolai.

Now, his friend explained the situation later. Someone had asked how to get rid of a hit after they accepted it, and he said kill yourself.

So, I missed the context of the OOC. I don't think that It's really anyone's fault, just a misunderstanding. I saw someone saying "kill yourself" in OOC, so I acted on it. He Shouldn't have said it in OOC, as it can be and was taken the wrong way. So yeah. Just a misunderstanding, but on my side I did see him say "kill yourself" which I perceived to warn for.

36 minutes ago, Exotic said:

Accepted

As the person who had warned you believes it is false you will be unbanned and you will need to contact a Manager+ to get your warn removed. @Stone if you ever false warn/ban someone or you think you did and want another opinion on the matter let a higher up know so they can deal with it.

@The King of Rohan @Vernon @Jarold

Thats the thing, I don't think it was a false warn I think it was a misunderstanding. I feel justified for warning him because he said Kill youeself in OOC. I didn't know the context, but he still said something that I interpreted as a diss. After explanation, I think the warn was still justified but I think he shouldn't be banned for it.

• Like 1