Change Fence Rules

Dr Turtle

Currently, the rule states that "You may not materialize fences."

I suggest that the rule be changed to:

Fences must be fully transparent.

This allows the base to look good and not be unfair. For example, it would allow the wireframe material, but not the shadertest/predator material.

1 hour ago, Dr Turtle said:

Currently, the rule states that "You may not materialize fences."

I suggest that the rule be changed to:

Fences must be fully transparent.

This allows the base to look good and not be unfair. For example, it would allow the wireframe material, but not the shadertest/predator material.

*cough*

Let's sit down and have a lesson for a sec kiddo.

Transparent = Fully invisible, or able to be completely seen through.

Translucent = Allowing for objects to be seen through the material, but not entirely.

What I think you're trying to suggest is a rewording of the crurent rule to state that you may materialize fences, however, they must remain translucent.

Edited by Edna :)

+1 I think that we should be allowed to materialize fences as long as you can completely see through to the other side. The material should not be blurry or completely blocked out. There are a few materials that allow for this. They give the base a nice clean look with the same functionality. 

1 minute ago, Dr Turtle said:
trans·par·ent
/transˈperənt/
adjective

1. (of a material or article) allowing light to pass through so that objects behind can be distinctly seen @Edna :)

original-1323914-1.jpg

In order for ALL light to physically pass through, the material would have to be invisible. Technically, even the wireframe wires would cast a small shadow if they were shown light.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Informative 1

Niggas really arguing about the meaning of a word, driving the original suggestion away from the main idea. Childish guys, childish. Yeah, I agree that fences should be able to be materialized, but when I spoke to evity about this, we decided to talk about it a later day. Again, I will be working to arrange a staff meeting soon where many topics such as this will be talked about. There are just some slimy fucks on the server who shall remail unnamed who simply stack really annoying materials and claim "yeah you can see my shadow if you look really hard bro wtf it's not OP!!!!", hence why this "hotfix" if you will was implemented.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1
1 hour ago, eXg-Buddha said:

Niggas really arguing about the meaning of a word, driving the original suggestion away from the main idea. Childish guys, childish. Yeah, I agree that fences should be able to be materialized, but when I spoke to evity about this, we decided to talk about it a later day. Again, I will be working to arrange a staff meeting soon where many topics such as this will be talked about. There are just some slimy fucks on the server who shall remail unnamed who simply stack really annoying materials and claim "yeah you can see my shadow if you look really hard bro wtf it's not OP!!!!", hence why this "hotfix" if you will was implemented.

There were so many people trying to abuse and loophole materializing fences it made an unfair advantage to other players where they can't see though it at all as it was originally tended to avoid with transparent materials.  That's my guess on why the rule was changed though I don't know why it was changed but lets be honest though it can make bases ugly it also makes bases a slight easier to raid without the materialized fences .

• Like 1