BERSERKER - MODERATOR APPLICATION

BERSERKER

In-game name: BERSERKER
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:483809192
Warns: 1 warn
Timezone: Central Time (CT)
Playtime? BERSERKER has played for 120:12:43.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone? Yes 
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: O.B.S.
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Dr.Turtle but he's ex-staff
Past experiences as staff: I just got gmod last month and I have not been staff anywhere yet, but I've been watching our staff on garnet and I think I could do well in that position
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

In my time on this server I have seen many rules broken by people who don't seem to care. I was raided by police and had everything I owned destroyed because they heard it; and I think being staff I could take care of people like that, not just when they do it to me but when they to do it to anyone else on the server. I'm only online later at night because of the way my schedule is, but I think it is good to have someone trustworthy on at night to keep the server safe. I have studied the rules and documents on the information section of the site here, and I think I know all of the terms and stuff very well. In terms of staffing, I feel as though I can benefit the team by keeping a level head, as this is what most people look for in a staff member, somebody who can keep calm even in sticky situations. I feel as though my addition to the team could allow for others to follow in my path, and use me as an example of how they should be and what they should do to be not only a good staff member but a good person as well, because I feel I can inspire others with my example. Some people I have seen on the server can care more for themselves than others, I don't think I am that way at all, I like to get out into the street and talk to people, I have seen some staff who like to stay inside their base and hang out with their friends, I think I would enjoy going around talking to our new players even more than I would that, helping us to have more people come back to play again! 

If I were in your position, i might not choose my application because I don't know many of the high admins, but that's cause I don't play very early in the day, but I think the night time is the most in need of staff because that's when all of the trolls and rdmers get online. Although I don't know many of you, I think that I am a trustworthy person, in real life I am honest and I always try to be that way online too. In school I have taken classes in Criminology, Criminal psychology and Criminal Investigation/Criminal Justice, I think that this knowledge I have in those fields can help me here because it gives me a level head to consider both sides of a story, and to investigate thoroughly. I can dedicate much time to the role, even if I have to sacrifice some other things I do in my spare time like netflix and other games, I think it would be a worthy cause to give up in order to help the server out! I feel as though my addition to the team would be beneficial, allowing for help to be there when it isn't otherwise.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details Yeah, i was banned from ZARP TTT for Mass RDM. I shot the traitor and then he reported me, the admin gave me 2 auto slays for "RDM and Lying" so after I got slayed twice I shot the admin and he banned me.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: negatory
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I am usually online after school, unless my extra curricular activities get in the way.
If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Besides my classes, I usually can be found hanging out with my friends, I work a side job and I am trying to make money so I can buy a car.
Did you read the staff rules?: GG | BERSERKER

Edited by BERSERKER

Hey just saying you might want to fix your title quick, Application, not an appliance, You really can't moderate a toaster. Good luck though! +1, your very friendly. A trait needed when staffing. Plus you have a good application 

Edited by MattWatson
  • Friendly 1
  • Winner 1
Just now, Matt Watson said:

Hey just saying you might want to fix your title quick, Application, not an appliance, You really can't moderate a toaster. Good luck though!

Sorry about that, I was nervous and it was highlighted as misspelled and I corrected it to APPLIANCE instead of APPLICATION. xd sorry. 

fixed.

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, DarkAlias said:

Like the application, but as National said, give us reasons how you could help the staff team and community.

Also, can I ask what that warn was for?

The warn I got was for a regrettable situation.. I accidentally shot a guy with a USAS and he died instantaneously 

I got brought to the admin sit and he said he could either kill me or warn me, so i had to choose between losing 100,000+ in weapons, ammo, and upgrades from the machine, or to take a warning and risk my chances as staff.. so I took a long time to decide because I was super nervous and scared to death of not being able to go for staff and so I said he could kill me and the message went through after the warning did, so the guy aimed his gun at me, the staff told me to "hold still" (which I thought meant so the guy could kill me since I said he could,) so I panicked and accidentally shot the staff guy who then froze me, the reporter killed me with a dragon lore and they both left me stranded on the roof, frozen. I almost got the guy in trouble, and I regret it very much. I tried adding him to apologize but he declined my FR on steam...

I feel like I have learned from the situation by being careful what I do and realizing that all actions have consequences.. And also that in-game money really doesn't have that much value, and I should care more for making peace and making sure everybody is happy and enjoying their game experience than I should about money. I think this situation gave me room to grow personally and professionally. 

If you decide to -1 me for this, I guess I understand, but I do feel like it opened my eyes to how I should act and what i should say and do on the server, and if I get denied for it, so be it, that just gives me a chance to try again...

I don't resent the admin nor the reporter for what happened, I'd like to thank them for what happened if they'll forgive me for it all... I don't remember your names, but if you see this, I hope you forgive me

(Also, national's suggested topics were added to the body..)

Edited by BERSERKER
  • Friendly 1

I believe you deserve a chance, you seem like a very apologetic person who can learn from mistakes easily and bounce back from them. (Thanks for giving me the situation of the warn and instead of making an excuse siding with you, you put how you learned from it, you were very understanding if it was used against you, and you looked at it from not just your POV, but the admin and player and you understood how they felt and why they reacted the way they did.) Good luck

+1
Add me to referrals! (Don't make me regret it :D)

Edited by DarkAlias

Good app. +1

10 hours ago, BERSERKER said:

i was banned from ZARP TTT for Mass RDM. I shot the traitor and then he reported me, the admin gave me 2 auto slays for "RDM and Lying" so after I got slayed twice I shot the admin and he banned me.

That's pretty fucking funny. 

9 hours ago, eXg IPL4YG4MES said:

+1 I'll give you a shot. Decent paragraphs, but on your "past experiences as staff" don't put what doesn't need to be there. I appreciate the effort, hopefully you can stick to your words.

Plus uno