SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_1:0:130366996
Staff members in-game name:Wingard
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:97582836
Date & Time of incident: 4/30/2019 11:31 PM
Timezone:Central
Ban Reason: Mass RDM
How long were you banned for?: 2 weeks
Proof of Ban: http://prntscr.com/niz2d5 ---------- http://prntscr.com/niz2i6
What happened? (include any proof): It all happened on the Military RP server, I was inside the US army base, while one of the RU shot at me, I fired back and killed him. The next case was another one of the RU killed on of my Teamates in the army, I killed them. Now out of in the moment sort of stuff, I killed the other too, as once killed the one that killed my teamate the others quickly looked at my so I shot them. The last two might have been actual RDM but last time I checked two RDMs isn't Mass RDM.
Why should your ban be removed?: Wasn't pulled into a sit to tell my side of the story, someone in chat just said, "Luke" I replied with "Yes?"  and they proceeded to say "That's Technically Mass RDM" then I was banned, Plus, if I was gonna get banned, I shouldn't have been banned for two weeks for MASS RDM, because I didn't, two kills were Valid, so I should have just been warned twice, and that would have happened if I was brought into a sit. 

Well here an attempted mass is the same as mass, so they could say that it was att. Mass and you’d get banned for two weeks. It’s happened before, anyways, I say you should be unbanned. Sadly there could be a hundred “plus ones” for you to be unbanned and it’s still up to staff. Good luck with this though, maybe they will give you a 1day ban instead for an accidental mass. Again though, all up to the staff and more well known people in the community.

Edited by Captainswag

i was there when it happened. we were going to raid the US FOB and an unnamed Russian accidentally shot and killed one of the US standing there. Luke here then proceeds to shoot that russian, and 3 more who were just waiting for the raid to be called. @Wingard can confirm this 

54 minutes ago, Landon said:

i was there when it happened. we were going to raid the US FOB and an unnamed Russian accidentally shot and killed one of the US standing there. Luke here then proceeds to shoot that russian, and 3 more who were just waiting for the raid to be called. @Wingard can confirm this 

Wingard needs to provide evidence for this that isn't a witness. If there was a proper sit (not saying Wingard did or didn't do one) then this could have gone differently (ie. an accidental mass ban or RDMx2 jail). I do understand the urgency though, you see 4 people get killed in quick succession and then someone is talking about mass in OOC rather than reporting the player with /report for a sit.

I will not respond to this appeal until Wingard replies with some sort of evidence, and even then my response isn't necessary since Jasmin is handling this thread already.

EDIT: I want to clarify in case someone gets it confused, I am not staff and that last sentence may accidentally create that image.

Edited by Fier
  • 300 IQ 1

From what I read, it looks like this is some low ranking enlisted who misunderstood server rules or the ROE. He should've been banned for Acc.Mass TBH since he was provoked by the single Russian who did take the shot at his teammate(it is reasonable in an RP scenario to shoot back at a group of Russians that just dropped your teammate which is against server rules which the new guy must have not been aware of). I'm not saying Wingard was  completely wrong in the situation but he should've at least talk to the guy in a sit which most likely didn't happen unless Luke is lying. Looks like Wingard was aware a member of his raid party killing a US soldier outside.  

I personally would've bought him to a sit after he killed those people and asked him to explain why he did what he did and then clarify the server rules/raid rules. +1 for 1 day accidental MassBan if Wingard has evidence. I'm just gonna take a guess and assume Wingard didn't SS this Mass ban especially on the way he handled the ban. Always SS logs after a ban. 

Edited by draggydx

+1

Anybody seen the anime Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood? This is literally how the war in Ishval began.

Sorry for the anime reference, back to the topic at hand.

Seeing as the "unnamed" russian soldier had taken the first shot into the US, this guy fought back for himself and his fellow soldiers. I personally see nothing wrong with what he did, his men were shot, he defended himself. 

End of story.

@Wingard Proof or unban.

Edited by El_Nino_Loco
  • Like 1
  • Cringe 3
16 minutes ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

Seeing as the "unnamed" russian soldier had taken the first shot into the US, this guy fought back for himself and his fellow soldiers. I personally see nothing wrong with what he did, his men were shot, he defended himself. 

You can't shoot someone for shooting your teammate, and unless you were damaged, then you can't do anything about it other than reporting if it was RDM. AFAIK, only one guy actually damaged him, so the rest were RDM. He might not have known that, so it could've been accidental.

Welp, didnt record it and my logs are not saved. I remember this. Me and my were outside of US base just chillin on OC side. He walked up and shot my friend and killed him then proceeded to kill all 3 of us. Landon and parts were the 2 friends I had with me. I cannot provide any recordings. If an unban is what is decided that is a fair decision. Just make sure he knows you cant kill people for no reason, then say it wasnt RDM.

That was the wrong situation ^^

We were going to raid then this 2GA shot him. Then he proceeded to fire upon all of us. Keep in mind we had not called the raid at this point...

Edited by Wingard
Incorrect Scenario

Accepted

I have come to a conclusion to accepted this for a few reasons. There no further proof that you have committed a Mass RDM, but yet you said that RU shot your friend and you thought you had the right passage to shoot back. In the rules, ROE states YOU can not shoot UNLESS you have been shot back, basically saying if you have taken some sort of damage then I would see why you would shoot them but I'm accepting this appeal also because you as well as the staff member that banned you said that an RU shot in the base, which he is not allowed to do unless there was a raid called. So technically that 2GA who originally shot could potentially get in trouble as an Att. RDM or RDM, but there are no logs to prove that so I will leave it like that. Also, I would like to point out that the staff member who has banned you did not bring you into a sit to explain a possible ban or something. With that being said, you will get immediately unbanned.

@Chris Branch Lock and move.