Ban Appeal 3x: The Lord, Nutgod69x, Malcolm Reynolds

Alright so I did do bullet spread and they match to what you have provided so that is going to stay @El_Nino_Loco. Now I also tested damages with headshots and the only weapon that would have been even close to a possible 1 shot headshot would have been the mossburg. Going to wait for more responses from the community before a decision is made. Could not get the hk_usp but these are the others: (hyperlinks)

AMD65                                                        MossBurg                                                        Famas                                                        Kriss Vector

• Winner 1
3 hours ago, nutgod said:

After 40 minutes of shooting them as they charge our base and /report to no avail from the two (at the time, BERZERKER logged off and otherwise ignored the reports)

I already went over this with you in the Discord, but I was staffing last night, it came down after jeff jeffison left i was the only staff member online, i was playing as a banker and trying to build my bank and out of nowhere i got bombarded with reports, I made a spot in my base to handle them in but after I got through 10 or so, It got to be too much to handle there so I got rid of my upgrades and stuff and went on duty, started taking sits on roof 1. As i was doing so, I was constantly being yelled at in OOC "HELP US!" "WORTHLESS ADMIN." Your friends even threatened to report me on the forums and have my rank taken away. After another 15-20 sits I got to the point where I was so sleep deprived and overwhelmed that I switched my job and took a walk for a second as to avoid making a big mistake in my staffing and/or banning because i was tired. When I got back another mod was on duty so I left and went to bed.

After that I have no idea what happened.. I know i shouldn't have left the server but honestly i couldn't take it and didn't wanna risk messing up. i know @dbabs was on at the time, same with @otherguye and they might have a perspective to give.

before I left I saw kill logs in console going from you guys at rather rapid speeds, otherwise i dont have much to say about it.

I'm honestly unsure of what happened, but if you were hacking you should probably stay banned.

thanks

Hey Joeball, happy to see you.

Yeah, we played two sessions. Our playtime on Tuesday, you were the only online mod, and exceedingly pleasant to interact with in every situation, not to mention punctual.

Wednesday was very different, with zero reports going through or being properly resolved, and openly getting griefed by the police officer who would simply run straight to the house over and over, which brings me to my next point.

The VAST majority of our shooting was not from the balcony to the spawn, but close range shooting of people as they climbed the ladder to the balcony as well- no more than 2 meters at most, or shooting someone as they climbed through the bottom floor window, which is a given headshot seeing as the only thing you can really see at that point is their head, and it's at point blank range. Wild sprays from the balcony to spawn were maybe 2 out of 60+ kills, and would have been entirely RNG. Can an aimbot even compensate for the inaccuracy of a gun? Even a cheater would simply be spamming to try and land hits at that point, and headshots would be entirely accidental. 

99DJhaf.jpg

This image is usually where we would run up to, to shoot the guy as he entered through what was our printer dropoff point, now an entrance due to healthy application of the battering ram. He would drop into a boxed off hole that was previously inaccessible, then someone would walk up behind him and shoot him while he was stuck. Not to mention, he had propblocked the door once he entirely destroyed the dropoff structure, so we couldn't make repairs or seal the window, meaning he was able to do this for 20+ minutes as he tried to make it to the printer room, which he eventually did- after killing all of the remaining home defenders in close quarters in one run, seeing as we could not get inside due to every entrance being propblocked. The long range off our balcony to the spawn is largely irrelevant, seeing as we only made, at generous assumption, 5% of our kills from there, and they were wild magdumps- not instant headshots.

Also, we never claimed they were one-shot. We said they were fast. A high rate of fire and easily managed recoil made the guns very quick, but not instant, to kill on a target moving in a predictable pattern and especially on someone in close range. Please do not twist my language.

Edited by nutgod
Adding image- Adding clause about guns

so uhh, @Exzap, got any proof other than words of flicks/hacking?

10 hours ago, Exzap said:

saw all of you getting impossible shots with a few different guns (AMD65, Mossburg, Famas, HK USP, Kriss Vector, and a few others). I banned you shortly after for "Clientside lua execution" and got questioned about that, it's just a "fancied up" word for hacking. 

6 hours ago, DarkAlias said:

but do you have any video evidence of them making these shots and killing people? @Exzap

if you ban someone for hacking without proof, it's not valid

15 minutes ago, Dr Turtle said:

so uhh, @Exzap, got any proof other than words of flicks/hacking?

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to figure out here since nobody has asked for hard evidence.

4 hours ago, Dr Turtle said:

4 hours ago, DarkAlias said:

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to figure out here since nobody has asked for hard evidence.

The admin probably banned the guys without thinking that he will need "HARD evidence."

We entrust the safety of the server with our admins, and you two are questioning the admin for proof and not the hacker?

Why should the admin have to prove himself just, he did his job and I have no reason to doubt that he did it properly. 

Hey minge, show me proof that you weren't hacking.

How the hell do I show proof that I'm not hacking if you're just gonna jump on and say "admin is always right, even without evidence"? I'm just guilty if you want me to be, and thanks for calling me a fucking minge when our base was the one getting griefed. Good outlook on the issue, dude.

58 minutes ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

The admin probably banned the guys without thinking that he will need "HARD evidence."

We entrust the safety of the server with our admins, and you two are questioning the admin for proof and not the hacker?

Why should the admin have to prove himself just, he did his job and I have no reason to doubt that he did it properly. 

Hey minge, show me proof that you weren't hacking.

Actually, we teach our staff to always grab evidence of punishments before doing anything like a ban or even a warn. I'm not questioning one of my co-workers, but I'm asking him to present something he should have grabbed before handing out a punishment.

The reason we don't question the hacker is due to the fact that everybody is "Innocent until proven guilty", making it the job of the staff to make sure they have the viable evidence to back his punishments.

@Exzap You have 24 hours to respond with proof of the ban, if not, I will accept it.

Edited by DarkAlias

As another note, sorry about the mistreatment Berzerker, you may have gotten swamped, but hopefully you can see why we would be frustrated. All of us were really goddamn salty when this was happening just due to the sheer bullshit of it, so we were throwing some heat in OOC. None of us were anywhere else in the map so I didn't really recognize anything else that could have been going on, and was kind of just "uhh why is this still happening" after our reports didn't finish after 10 minutes or so. No hard feelings, hopefully we see each other again on better footing.

@DarkAlias Just unban him, I really couldn't be bothered to upload anything since I shouldn't have to. It's a ban for Hacking, not something like RDM. He should have to prove that he wasn't hacking, at least in my eyes that's how I think it should go.

Take this post with a large grain of salt.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 1
9 minutes ago, Exzap said:

@DarkAlias Just unban him, I really couldn't be bothered to upload anything since I shouldn't have to. It's a ban for Hacking, not something like RDM. He should have to prove that he wasn't hacking, at least in my eyes that's how I think it should go.

Take this post with a large grain of salt.

what

ACCEPTED

Since no evidence was provided to back up the ban, the three reportees will be unbanned.

For @Exzap I will be speaking with some higher-ups to decide your ban because your response of " I really couldn't be bothered to upload anything since I shouldn't have to." bothers me as you are a staff member who should be trying their hardest to perform their job to the best of their ability and shows me you can't handle any BS that comes your way because of your doing.

@The King of Rohan @Vernon @Jarold

If you guys can lock and move and also come speak this on Steam of TS3.

Edited by DarkAlias