DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Battering Ram Minge prevention

Picky

On the server, the battering ram has the ability to completely break down a base, and unless i'm blind, there's not rule on how to use it other than breaking into mayors props or such.

Sometimes the server may encounter Minges, which with the ability to break down a whole base with a simple tool, and the police role being such a low level, they can use this to completely fuck over a base, and ruin time spent into building said base.

Conclusion/Conclusions:  The battering ram should only be able to Activate fading doors, which should be equivalent to using a keypad, you use the ram on the door, then go to the next one, and the next one until you're in the base, another solution, which i'm not very keen of, is to make the police role a higher level, this way, it can prevent mingers from not only fucking over other players, but prevent them from AOSing the whole server.

I personally like the idea of fixing the battering ram, but I want to know what you guys think

• Toxic 1
  • Friendly 1

+Support

Current battering ram is outdated, and I believe the police side of things could go for a major rework (new jobs, new skins, new battering ram, replace stunstick with a light taser that just does the same thing the stunstick does, fix /911). Bring in the quality of PoliceRP-style police without the structure of that game mode. This is generally considered to be a good-quality ram these days:

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/darkrp-battering-ram

• Toxic 1
1 hour ago, JakePlays said:

+Support

Current battering ram is outdated, and I believe the police side of things could go for a major rework (new jobs, new skins, new battering ram, replace stunstick with a light taser that just does the same thing the stunstick does, fix /911). Bring in the quality of PoliceRP-style police without the structure of that game mode. This is generally considered to be a good-quality ram these days:

Oh yes. +1 baby.

Edited by eXg IPL4YG4MES
  • Cringe 1
59 minutes ago, JakePlays said:

+Support

+1 for this reason

• Dumb/Shitpost 1

Oftentimes, the police rams/warrants are utilized to prevent propblock. It's a sort of... preventive control over situations if utilized the right way. Not everybody plays by the rules and fading doors are often not used to protect raidables inside of a base. If props cannot be made physics, you cannot take down propblock that is often utilized to prevent printers from being destroyed.

Just recently I saw a VIP protecting 6 printers with a prop which didn't even have a keypad.

-1, Aint broke dont fix it

• Dumb/Shitpost 3
  • Toxic 1
11 minutes ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

Oftentimes, the police rams/warrants are utilized to prevent propblock. It's a sort of... preventive control over situations if utilized the right way. Not everybody plays by the rules and fading doors are often not used to protect raidables inside of a base. If props cannot be made physics, you cannot take down propblock that is often utilized to prevent printers from being destroyed.

Just recently I saw a VIP protecting 6 printers with a prop which didn't even have a keypad.

-1, Aint broke dont fix it

And that's why you call staff, not break rules to fix rules...

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1
11 minutes ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

Oftentimes as well warrants and battering rams prevent propblock of spawn too. overall it's a bad idea.

It doesn't matter, just as buddha said, call an admin. A simple /report is much better than breaking another rule yourself just to try to solve the situation. I've seen many people try this and cause an even bigger problem. Most of the time it doesn't work. So tell us why you believe it's a bad idea?

4 hours ago, eXg IPL4YG4MES said:

It doesn't matter, just as buddha said, call an admin. A simple /report is much better than breaking another rule yourself just to try to solve the situation. I've seen many people try this and cause an even bigger problem. Most of the time it doesn't work. So tell us why you believe it's a bad idea?

You do realize that 90% of Spawnblock cases occur when NO staff are online?
Get down off of your thrones and look at this from the perspective of a player who has to deal with this nonsense, that is our only way of making peace and you want to take it away?

• Cringe 1
4 minutes ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

Get down off of your thrones and look at this from the perspective of a player who has to deal with this nonsense, that is our only way of making peace and you want to take it away?

That is absolutely a false statistic, I've witnessed A LOT of spawn block cases within the past month and the staff has diffused every single one. So you can't possible sit there and tell me that almost every single one happens without staff. Also what we are saying has literally nothing to do with not looking in the perspective of a player, we roleplay too you know.

1 hour ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

No one is on a throne but you. If this is the way you deal with propblocking, I'll warn you myself. Your -1 reason is completely invalid, as you are suggesting breaking the rules instead of letting a staff deal with it. And if you feel as if you play when no other staff are on and there are lots of rule breakers, why don't you apply yourself and become a mod when no others are on? I seriously don't understand your reasoning.

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1

Removing/changing the battering ram wouldn't help matters much and would remove a large portion of the RP element from the Police/CP jobs for those who don't misuse it.

Like I've said so many times now, we have /report for a reason and it's up to the users to type it to get our support with false warrants (and anything else, false warrants in this case specifically).

• Winner 1
4 minutes ago, Exzap said:

Removing/changing the battering ram wouldn't help matters much and would remove a large portion of the RP element from the Police/CP jobs for those who don't misuse it.

Like I've said so many times now, we have /report for a reason and it's up to the users to type it to get our support with false warrants (and anything else, false warrants in this case specifically).

But it would help staff? This would prevent base damage significantly and would make it so that a gang of police officers can't just false warrant a guy and destroy his base in the process. The change would only make fading doors battering ramable, not make the cops useless.

• Cringe 1