Disallow Compensation For Server Shutdown

Ryder

Recently the server has been shutting down every morning around 4-5 AM EST, VIPS and other players have been abusing the Compensation request process to make bank on these shutdowns, hardly ever showing actual proof of the printers being what level they claim, or the time of the crash being validated. I suggest that compensation requests only be allowed for FailRP and other incidents involving players being the source of the loss.

Compensation should not be allowed for server's daily shutdown because these people KNOW it is going to shutdown, they should know not to set up huge printer operations moments before the shutdown. 

Edited by Ryder
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2

-1 this would be a horrible addition to the server since people would get pissed and would bring the server reputation down a lot also i have not seen any abuse of these but they do give proof if they dont have proof they get denied

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1

This wouldn't work as well as you think it would. During a compensation, you get ONLY what you payed for the printers. So when people 'set' up the printers, they really aren't gaining any benefit from it. As for when their friends give them printers, wouldn't they just give half the money to their friends? Because then neither of them are gaining benefit. Also the majority of people that don't cheat the system shouldn't be penalized because of others stupidity. 

• Like 1

-1 it is none of the player's faults that the server crashes....most of the time. 

I know this is biased because it has happened to me but I have lost 700's in my printers from one server crash.

People put a lot of time into this server they shouldn't be discouraged to play late due to crashes.

• Like 2

-1 This would cause absolute uproar, I don't believe anyone would appreciate this actually happening, especially new players trying to get money through printers.

It seems unfair to take away compensation when players cant help when the server restarts, allowing people to get compensation makes less people hate the server restart in the first place. It allows players to feel comfortable playing late knowing that they can get anything they lose back. 

• Like 1