Timezone: EST

Playtime?: 817h

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's

Mod videos?: YES but only for short durations

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Duglas

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] H.Mod for this server a year or two ago

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I plan on providing assistance to our player-base when needed. Over the years, I have gained experience dealing with customer service at my job and I feel like I can translate some of the aspects of reasoning to help defuse situations. I also have developed a good sense of judgement from my current job experience and level of maturity. I feel that I will be able maintain order in the MRP server and issue appropriate punishments when it is required.  

Because of my previous year of experience as staff for this server, I feel like I have the knowledge to handle situations and maintain a safe and friendly environment on the server. I will make unbiased decisions and handle every sit professionally, as staff are expected to do so.  I will make sure that players have sufficient evidence to validate their reports and those being reported are aware why they are being reported and what they should do to remedy their behavior/actions. I feel like I can really make a difference by dedicating time to being just Staff-on-duty instead of just roleplaying.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details

- 2w Ban back in ‘17 (countered a kidnap but rule complications considered it a mass)

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Back in 2017

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I have a few hours a day I can play for throughout the week. I will be a full time student in September however so I will only have weekend availability then.

Edited by Octuple_Swing
16 minutes ago, br0ken- said:

-1, I believe you recently came back to the server, I don't think you're fit to apply for staff yet, imo you should get more familiar with the current playerbase before you apply.

I appreciate the feedback. Not sure how getting to know the playebase has to do with enforcing server rules and following staff protocol but sure.

3 minutes ago, br0ken- said:

Because people would want to know who you are so they can actually give you feedback

Here is an example of what I am talking about,

And even then I don't think you're fit for staff imo, You seem to think that you're always at right and don't take in criticism well, At least from what I have seen ingame

Fair enough. Not going against your opinions

1 hour ago, Oatlife said:

What faction are you? I’m not sure I’ve seen you on.

He mainly plays on Army, he's been on the past couple of weeks or so I believe.

-1 Until you increase your paragraphs, they are most likely going to deny this unless you beef them up more.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
45 minutes ago, Octuple_Swing said:

I appreciate the feedback. Not sure how getting to know the playebase has to do with enforcing server rules and following staff protocol but sure.

Appreciating feedback is not arguing with them.

Also, being a staff member means being able to know the community and make them feel comfortable with you. It also gives them an opinion on your maturity level...

The paragraphs also are not very long either.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 1

Your paragraphs are fine(I wrote this a day after he posted so there might have been a chance he changed them) I don't get why people always -1 and say " beef them paragraphs up" it doesn't help to just say beef them up and not explain to them what they are missing in their paragraphs.

On 7/4/2019 at 11:01 AM, br0ken- said:

-1, I believe you recently came back to the server, I don't think you're fit to apply for staff yet, imo you should get more familiar with the current playerbase before you apply.

-1, I would like to add maybe join TS to get to know the community better.

Edited by draggydx
  • Like 1

I've seen and interacted with you before, and you seem like a nice enough and level headed guy. With your experience on the server and as staff previously, I'd usually let it slide that you just came back. But your app is just way too small to make up for that fact. If it was a little longer, had more good points and more effort, I would +1. For now I will remain neutral. 

-1, only for the fact that I do believe you should broaden yourself out into the new community a bit and get back into the flow of the server before making the decision to instantly jump back into staffing. Honestly, the app was well written, idk about all the people saying the paragraphs were short but personally I'd say you marketed yourself well and decisively outlined your skills and how they would benefit the server as well as your knowledge of your responsibilities if you were to be accepted.

I highly recommend you to re-apply ( in the event this gets denied ) once you get yourself re-acquainted with the community and if you truly think that you will stick with the server again. 

Edited by Pencil
On 7/4/2019 at 4:22 PM, Hatchet said:

I get to see your personality and attitude more if you have interacted with the player base for a longer amount of time. The more fit you are for staff, the more likely you will be accepted if you wait longer to show that to people. Also, a staff member is not just someone doing a job, they are supposed to be a role model for others to look up to, and I need to make sure that's the case before I accept you. Prove that by being a role model without staff powers, and the staff abilities you would get would only help you further in being a role model member.

Denied

I don't think you're ready for staff yet. You might be a nice dude, but you gotta show it before you apply. You haven't been back for too long from what I know, or at least you haven't put yourself out there as a good leader/role model. If you truly think you're fit for staff, show it to the community before you apply through your everyday interactions with them.

Wait at least one week before applying again.