[MRP] Fix Army/Marines Spawns

Description: Sometimes when you die and respawn or switch your job, it will spawn you in the ceiling/in the light prop. Sometimes you can alt + E on the light to get un-stuck but there are still times where you can't and have to switch your job. I know this is such a minuscule thing, but it's still annoying getting stuck in the prop or ceiling and having to switch jobs and back. I don't know if this is like a /setspawn issue or if it's the actual spawnpoint compiled in the map, but either way seems like an easy fix. AFAIK this is only a problem Army/Marines are having, I'm not sure if SOC factions are having the same issue or not.

Reasoning: Again, this is just a minor bug but I thought I'd make a forum post about it anyway, just in case if it's possible for it to get fixed. It would help out the server so that people don't get stuck anymore and then their forced to switch jobs and back if they can't Alt + E out of the prop.

Additional Information: Here are some screenshots of what I'm talking about in case you don't know: https://prnt.sc/ooa5c3 | https://prnt.sc/ooa5it

Thanks for taking a look at this. A small bug but still would be nice for it to be fixed.

• 300 IQ 1
6 minutes ago, Gamma said:

This has already been suggested multiple times and Garnet if fully aware of this. It's a pointless thread to make at this point. 

Really? My bad, I don't remember there ever being a thread about it recently anyways. I mean if it's known why don't they just fix it at this point? It doesn't seem like it takes a fuck ton of work to fix lol.

3 hours ago, PrisonNightmare said:

Really? My bad, I don't remember there ever being a thread about it recently anyways. I mean if it's known why don't they just fix it at this point? It doesn't seem like it takes a fuck ton of work to fix lol.

From what I heard or remember hearing when the spawns were being set the !setspawn broke mid-way through and thus couldn't be fixed right away. I believe this is the actual addon that is on the server that allows SA to set it manually like we did on the CSD event and for the most part setting spawns into the actual map don't necessarily work since specific jobs have specific spawns and from what I remember you can't assign those through the actual map files since for the most part, those jobs don't exist when editing map files.

Again, it's a simple way to get out of it but it makes US sometimes go from a 5 second respawn to a 10 second respawn when you take into account, sitting and standing up, job swap delay and staff responding to the situation. It also is a pretty bad experience for newer players that see the glitch and just sit their eternally thinking they are doomed and don't know how staff chat works yet.

+1 to be fixed, if it can be at the moment.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The US spawns hinder is during war, we have to spend 10-30 second trying to sit on a lamp or sometimes we spawn to far so we have to switch classes to try and spawn correctly and even then sometimes it doesn’t work, 75% of the time it spawns is in the roof and that’s us being lucky, plus we fixed the duel rooms before we fixed the actual spawns

big +1 because it’s generally a big hinderince when people are in war and doing other things