ShadowKing Ban Appeal

ShadowKing

20 minutes ago, Ryder said:

You must understand when you are blindly defending him @Entity that you are a trial administrator and it is your job to make sure the rules are followed by both the players and the staff members below you, you and the accused may be friends, but that does not give him a free pass to blatantly obstruct the rules and get away with it. 

Well being straight forward with you, I wasn't blindly defending the person I gave the reasons to. Inside the sit, I explained that it was completely their call but that the ban would be justified as I have explained. Me and Snippy have a very bad past, but I set that aside to allow him to see what rules have been explained to us individually and as a whole. I didn't see how he obstructed the rules either, but you do bring up a good argument. That's why I haven't -1'd the post because I'm not defending Snippy but rather allowing the community to give their opinions.

22 minutes ago, Ryder said:

This appeal has been one load of nonsense after another, none of you seem to understand the proper rules and/or procedures to be followed by staff and/or players. Starting with the issue at hand, by definition, Mass RDM is the act of causing deliberate or random unreasonable deaths to approx. 3-4 players (Or more,) which was clearly shown by Snippy in his logs, and admitted by shadowking when he stated that he killed his friends for fun. (Admittance to the deliberate nature of there unreasonable deaths) You must understand when you are blindly defending him @Entity that you are a trial administrator and it is your job to make sure the rules are followed by both the players and the staff members below you, you and the accused may be friends, but that does not give him a free pass to blatantly obstruct the rules and get away with it. 

@ShadowKing You, AS A MODERATOR have been trusted to keep and uphold the rules of our server, and you chose to break them, that was your decision, and it should be made clear the consequence thereof. Before you go again trying to pull that petty "consensual" argument, it has been clearly stated in our rules and by many of our veterans and garnet himself, that you CAN kill your buddies for fun, but regardless, you are still RDMing them because you have no RP reason  to be killing them. You were reported by a third party who was not okay with the killings, even though he was willing to pay off, he made the report seeking punishment for being wronged by you, and Snippy did his job properly by representing not only to you but to his trainee that the rules must be followed and upkept by ALL PLAYERS not just those who are not ranked in our staff team. In the end, snippy had the final and absolute say in the matter, both as the handling staff member and as your superior in rank. 

-1, You have demonstrated a complete lack of care for the rules of our server and clearly think your rank can save you from your proper punishment. Sort of like a policeman thinking he could get away with murder because he is part of the law enforcement. Fact is, you are not above the law/rules, you should face the consequences for your actions, you had a choice to rdm your friends or play the game how it should be played, you CHOSE the former. If you are demoted, good, learn from your mistakes and re-apply.

I apologize for my behavior and I look forward to conducting myself responsibly in the future according to the rules and guidelines of Garnet Gaming.

4 minutes ago, ShadowKing said:

I apologize for my behavior and I look forward to conducting myself responsibly in the future according to the rules and guidelines of Garnet Gaming.

You should've done that when you became staff.

30 minutes ago, ShadowKing said:

I was not bribing him. I was merely swaying his opinion of me. I clearly stated to him that he had the full opportunity to still have me banned if he saw fit.

Bribing someone is offering goods to sway opinions and allow for an event to be reversed in your favor. If you clearly stated you agreed to be banned, why are you appealing it? You should've done that during the staff sit.

3 hours ago, TBFYKingSnippy said:

So are you saying if someone mass rdms on the server to not take action because only 1 person reported? If that is the case then more than half the staff team has been putting in false bans for Mass rdm. He stated that after shadow had bribed him which isn't allowed so action was taken.

Well, if only one person reports someone for RDM & says they don't want him banned, I wouldn't ban that person. Maybe if it was more serious server rules broken. 

You and Killer Bean were "consensually" rdming each other a lot this morning near spawn, so imagine this scenario:

- You get reported for RDMx1 a few minutes later by someone you accidentally killed.

- I notice that you have a bunch of kills on your friend in logs and press you on that fact in the sit and suggest a ban.

- Reporter says "no i dont want him to be banned he accidentally killed me I just want money for perks/guns that I lost"

Don't you think it would be really unfair for me to ban you based on that?

What I would've personally done differently is warn & possibly jail Shadow King, with the caveat that if more reports come in for RDM against Shadow that originate from that situation, I would ban instead.

Since this isn't how it was handled, the server is down one staff member who does a good job taking sits, and takes many of them. 

Edited by proggy
Added at the end what I personally would have done in this situation.

+1. If the other people don't make a report then it isn't mass. This type of report has happened before, and will happen again, if i recall most were accepted. Also, 1v1ing in spawn is a recreation for a lot of senior players, so you might as well be banning them too.

Edited by Kicks
  • Like 1

You may not report on another players behalf, so if only one person reported shadow it's a rdmx1 in my eyes tbh. Also Snippy and Shadow were beefing mad hard in @ say last night so lowkey it almost seems biased. a mass ban for rdmx1 is false. +1 (and I got them beef ss if yall want em)

Edited by Stinkie2
1 hour ago, proggy said:

Well, if only one person reports someone for RDM & says they don't want him banned, I wouldn't ban that person. Maybe if it was more serious server rules broken. 

You and Killer Bean were "consensually" rdming each other a lot this morning near spawn, so imagine this scenario:

- You get reported for RDMx1 a few minutes later by someone you accidentally killed.

- I notice that you have a bunch of kills on your friend in logs and press you on that fact in the sit and suggest a ban.

- Reporter says "no i dont want him to be banned he accidentally killed me I just want money for perks/guns that I lost"

Don't you think it would be really unfair for me to ban you based on that?

What I would've personally done differently is warn & possibly jail Shadow King, with the caveat that if more reports come in for RDM against Shadow that originate from that situation, I would ban instead.

Since this isn't how it was handled, the server is down one staff member who does a good job taking sits, and takes many of them. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

13 minutes ago, Stinkie said:

You may not report on another players behalf, so if only one person reported shadow it's a rdmx1 in my eyes tbh. Also Snippy and Shadow were beefing mad hard in @ say last night so lowkey it almost seems biased. a mass ban for rdmx1 is false. +1 (and I got them beef ss if yall want em)

I didn't want to bring out my thoughts of this being biased but since you brought it up, I can provide my input on this subject. Snippy and I have been beefing harder than I have ever had any problems with anyone before. I can guarantee from my perspective and the considerate judgement of others that he influenced his trainee to enforce a ban for a minor offense such as this. This is less of me being a delinquent minge and more of Snippy pulling out as much as he can to see me gone as long as possible. The problems between me and him have been occurring for weeks to months now and he is in the 1% of the community who would witness the scenario and feel the obligation to remove me from the server.

14 minutes ago, ShadowKing said:

I didn't want to bring out my thoughts of this being biased but since you brought it up, I can provide my input on this subject. Snippy and I have been beefing harder than I have ever had any problems with anyone before. I can guarantee from my perspective and the considerate judgement of others that he influenced his trainee to enforce a ban for a minor offense such as this. This is less of me being a delinquent minge and more of Snippy pulling out as much as he can to see me gone as long as possible. The problems between me and him have been occurring for weeks to months now and he is in the 1% of the community who would witness the scenario and feel the obligation to remove me from the server.

I get where you're coming from with this. He's been pretty toxic towards me and a few others the past couple days or weeks. I'd go into detail but that would probably spark a whole new thread lmao.

Edited by proggy

Let's be honest, this is just a big misunderstanding. I'm changing my vote to +1 because it is still a valid ban due to consensual RDM still being RDM and Mass RDM doesn't take a sit to handle (In most cases). Shadow is a good staff member and just needs to learn how to handle himself, and I feel as if even given the choice of banning for Mass RDM, maybe it wasn't the best idea. 

Snippy and Sneezys handled the sit correctly in my opinion, report or no report. However Shadow does not deserve a severe punishment and should maintain his right to work hard on the server he cares about. I hope others can agree with me in the near future and we can resolve this ordeal.

• Like 3
  • Winner 1
42 minutes ago, proggy said:

I get where you're coming from with this. He's been pretty toxic towards me and a few others the past couple days or weeks. I'd go into detail but that would probably spark a whole new thread lmao.

I haven't been on in a while, but he's been kinda toxic since i met him, i could honestly see him influence a trainee.

ive seen that you guys have been very controversial on this topic but i still think a 2 week ban is the right punishment of admin that should read the rules and should obey the rules. He should also know the rights from wrongs especially  if its a big thing like mass RDM. And what i have heard it sounds like there is no such thing as consensual RDM as stated by Garnet himself.

• Cringe 3
7 minutes ago, Sneezyz said:

ive seen that you guys have been very controversial on this topic but i still think a 2 week ban is the right punishment of admin that should read the rules and should obey the rules. He should also know the rights from wrongs especially  if its a big thing like mass RDM. And what i have heard it sounds like there is no such thing as consensual RDM as stated by Garnet himself.

Correct, there is no consensual rdm; however, what everyone is talking about is that only one person reported him for rdm and you can not report on others behalf, therefore it should be seen as rdmx1. Now, that being said, if even just one other player reported him for rdm, and shadow also killed enough people to be banned for mass and was confirmed to have not been raiding/countering/assisting, so 4 or more kills, and at least two reports against shadow for rdm within the same event, then I can see a mass ban, but just one person reported him so it should be counted as rdmx1. To add onto this when shadow and his friends were rdming each other, dmg logs either most likely wouldnt go back far enough to show the full record starting between shadow and his friends (who again did not report him), or show that shadows friends, the people being included in the "mass" ban (correct me if I'm wrong) started shooting at shadow first; therefore, not rdm to fire back. Either way, if just one report came against shadow the whole time there is no way possible for it to be a two week ban off of one report of rdmx1. 

The only thing that is accomplished by banning shadow for two weeks is we're down a senior staff member, which we need as many as we can have on to assist all our new underclassmen staff who may have only been staff for a handful of days and simply aren't ready to handle running a server with an average of 80+ people on a day. We're already low enough on staff with school being at it's peak right now and many of us still in high school or college and getting rid of shadow for two weeks for what is basically rdmx1 is simply the wrong move and imo ridiculous 

The entire point of all of us coming on this server is to have fun in our spare time, and some of us decide to devote more of our time into helping the server by handling sits and so on. Yes the screenshots show mass RDM but if it had been going on for that long and only one report came in then I see no reason for a ban. This is all in good fun and I can't even count the amount if times I have engaged in these types of wars with members of the community. And I have for sure seen everyone's fair share of "consensual RDM". At the end of the day I honestly believe that this was meant to be the end of beef between two staff members that has gotten out of hand. While it is important to uphold the standards of the server and keep everyone following the rules, I think we can all look back and reflect on times where we have RDMed our friends in the server just for fun. I agree that the sit was handled properly and Sneezy had the right to ban him, but if the one who reported him did not want him banned and no one else had reported him at that time then I see no reason for a ban. It is easy to tell the difference between someone who is actually massing and a group of players that are just having fun.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1