ShadowKing Ban Appeal

ShadowKing

6 minutes ago, IronFetus33 said:

The entire point of all of us coming on this server is to have fun in our spare time, and some of us decide to devote more of our time into helping the server by handling sits and so on. Yes the screenshots show mass RDM but if it had been going on for that long and only one report came in then I see no reason for a ban. This is all in good fun and I can't even count the amount if times I have engaged in these types of wars with members of the community. And I have for sure seen everyone's fair share of "consensual RDM". At the end of the day I honestly believe that this was meant to be the end of beef between two staff members that has gotten out of hand. While it is important to uphold the standards of the server and keep everyone following the rules, I think we can all look back and reflect on times where we have RDMed our friends in the server just for fun. I agree that the sit was handled properly and Sneezy had the right to ban him, but if the one who reported him did not want him banned and no one else had reported him at that time then I see no reason for a ban. It is easy to tell the difference between someone who is actually massing and a group of players that are just having fun.

Yes, I too believe this ban was HEAVILY influenced by snippy because of their beefs and NO ONE should get a mass ban off of a single report because there is simply no context of the reportee's reason to kill the others, could be past kos line, could be just having fun, ect. Shadow shouldn't have been banned.

4 hours ago, proggy said:

Well, if only one person reports someone for RDM & says they don't want him banned, I wouldn't ban that person. Maybe if it was more serious server rules broken. 

You and Killer Bean were "consensually" rdming each other a lot this morning near spawn, so imagine this scenario:

- You get reported for RDMx1 a few minutes later by someone you accidentally killed.

- I notice that you have a bunch of kills on your friend in logs and press you on that fact in the sit and suggest a ban.

- Reporter says "no i dont want him to be banned he accidentally killed me I just want money for perks/guns that I lost"

Don't you think it would be really unfair for me to ban you based on that?

What I would've personally done differently is warn & possibly jail Shadow King, with the caveat that if more reports come in for RDM against Shadow that originate from that situation, I would ban instead.

Since this isn't how it was handled, the server is down one staff member who does a good job taking sits, and takes many of them. 

1.You shoulda checked damage logs.

2. If that was the case you would have been banned yourself.

3.  And dont say"reporter" because it was never reported in the first place. 

4. " good staff member " but he runs around constantly breaking rules but he is protected by DaB.

Edited by TBFYKingSnippy
1 hour ago, Stinkie said:

(correct me if I'm wrong) started shooting at shadow first; therefore, not rdm to fire back.

Yes you are wrong 

1 hour ago, Stinkie said:

Yes, I too believe this ban was HEAVILY influenced by snippy because of their beefs and NO ONE should get a mass ban off of a single report because there is simply no context of the reportee's reason to kill the others, could be past kos line, could be just having fun, ect. Shadow shouldn't have been banned.

1. "HEAVILY" influenced? Ask him and Entity yourself and they will both tell you I did not "HEAVILY" influence him to ban Shadow because of OUR past issues.

Edited by TBFYKingSnippy
22 minutes ago, TBFYKingSnippy said:

@Iron_Fetus33 so you're saying that if i mass rdm and i drop someone a shipment of guns and they take them and say nah its good I dont want him banned even though bribing isnt allowed its okay?

There is no rule against it, staff should make sure to inform them that you can't "bribe", unless it is an unwritten rule that is communicated telepathically. If you somehow conjure proof, ill retract my statement. In the end, it's the staff's responsibility to inform players AND STAFF alike, for not all staff know this. (And to tell you the truth, neither did i until a few hours ago.)

26 minutes ago, TBFYKingSnippy said:

2.You have alotta beef as so does the high ranking members in DaB so this could really be the reason why you're on his side if u wanna play the "biased" card.

Am i trippin' are were you apart of LaT or DaB at one point?

31 minutes ago, TBFYKingSnippy said:

2. If that was the case you would have been banned yourself.

???

31 minutes ago, TBFYKingSnippy said:

1.You shoulda checked damage logs.

??????

Edited by Kicks
Oops
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Kicks said:

There is no rule against it, staff should make sure to inform them that you can't "bribe", unless it is an unwritten rule that is communicated telepathically. If you somehow conjure proof, ill retract my statement. In the end, it's the staff's responsibility to inform players AND STAFF alike, for not all staff know this. (And to tell you the truth, neither did i until a few hours ago.)

You cannot pay your way out of a warn. I disallowed this, I don't know why people are still doing it.

that was from gildarts