Stressed

Who are you reporting? [Staff/Player]: I'm reporting sugarmydick
Your in-game name: Stressed
Your SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_1:0:156079682
In-game name of reportee:  SugarMyDick
SteamID of reportee (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:78126445
Date & Time of incident: 11/1/2019 around 9:30 pm
Timezone: est
What happened? (include any proof): So, I was inside my base and a guy came inside and since I have a kos sign I killed him. The kos sign was big and in bright white text. The player proceeded to call an rdm sit. I came in the sit explaining how I had a kos sign and he entered my base. He said that I don't have any proof like warns or a screenshot. Then he warned me for rdm, I was warned even though the player walked through my base. I tried to explain to him that I don't have to screenshot everytime someone walks in my base then he returned me following a warn without even taking into consideration of what I explained. Then I reported him for false warn and I was threatened another warn for reporting him in game. I think this sit had some sort of bias due to the knowings of the player and staff member which later effected my punishment. This is unacceptable and all staff members should at least see both sides of any story. Based of this logic I could get many players warned just by walking inside their base.   

@DepressedBird I'm not sure if you were there throughout the entire sit because that sit alone lasted at least 7 minutes. I warned him for RDM because there was no proof of absolutely anything besides what logs show. You didn't have any proof that he was inside your base when you killed him, the only thing I had to go off of was logs showing that you hadn't adverted mug or anything of the sort and killed him. @SugarMyNuggets was also present for this. Somebody said you could be warned for false report because you are supposed to make a formal staff report like you did here. I'm not really sure what you mean by a "bias that affected your punishment" Either. The only punishment you got was 1 warn for RDM. Most staff will also tell you the exact same thing, one or both parties should have some sort of proof that he was either in or outside of your base. That being said he also did not have a screenshot or any kind of proof that he was outside of your base and I can understand if you would want the warn removed because of it, but that would need to be in a different format, not staff report.  

I warned you because you didn't have proof he was inside of your base when you killed him, and the logs did show that you killed him. It goes both ways, by YOUR logic you could just kill anybody and say they were in your base. 

Edited by DickSimmons
21 minutes ago, DickSimmons said:

I warned you because you didn't have proof he was inside of your base when you killed him, and the logs did show that you killed him. It goes both ways, by YOUR logic you could just kill anybody and say they were in your base. 

I get what you're saying but it's always been innocent until proven guilty. Meaning the person reporting has to bring the proof to the sit.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Grace said:

I get what you're saying but it's always been innocent until proven guilty. Meaning the person reporting has to bring the proof to the sit.

Okay, but he had nothing to disprove the logs? Which show that he killed the reporter for seemingly no reason. That is the only argument I have for this, The dude that reported him didn't have proof that he wasn't killed in his base, but he did have logs on his side which is literally all you can take in an rdm case, unless its a special case like this where one party was saying he was inside of his base. But he had literally no proof whatsoever that he was in his base.  

Once again, I do understand that it is innocent until proven guilty, but he had nothing to prove himself as innocent. The logs showed him as "guilty" 

8 minutes ago, DickSimmons said:

Okay, but he had nothing to disprove the logs? Which show that he killed the reporter for seemingly no reason. That is the only argument I have for this, The dude that reported him didn't have proof that he wasn't killed in his base, but he did have logs on his side which is literally all you can take in an rdm case, unless its a special case like this where one party was saying he was inside of his base. But he had literally no proof whatsoever that he was in his base.  

Once again, I do understand that it is innocent until proven guilty, but he had nothing to prove himself as innocent. The logs showed him as "guilty" 

No matter the case, the reporter MUST provide info, you cannot argue this by saying "The reportee didn't have proof". Doesn't matter if everything points toward the Reportee being guilty, there is always a chance for them to be innocent, (hence the Innocent until PROVEN guilty).

+1. for the warn to be removed.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DickSimmons said:

So in this case, the Reporter would have to prove that he wasn't in the base at the time of the killing. 

ACCEPTED

The warn will be removed.

Locked and Moved.