MRP Overhaul

shrimp

This is actually a really impressive idea and the perfect medium that I've been looking for in terms of having more IC events to join in on for GG MRP.

Most of the RP that we have on the server comes down to Raids, Kidnaps, and Tryouts. As i'm sure was probably brought up in the original RP suggestion thread Aparh made.

However, given that the server isn't itself very RP oriented, I think it's a tough task to try and appoint really anyone as the leader of the faction based off of RP. 

However, I could suggest that the leader could be someone with previous faction leadership experience (soc preferably.) They also shouldn't be someone that a faction was or is inactive under. If G4S was to go Inactive, that essentially kills the main RP element that you're suggesting.

• If you're pushing for Activity and Professionalism, I recommend Jim Trash as he is literally known as the Savior of GRU. However i'm not sure if Jim is up to lead another faction.

So far I can only think of him, I'll try to get to know other previous/current faction leaders and add here what I know. 

On the flip side of things, the faction leader could also be someone who hasn't led, but has a desire to and has the brains to do it. I'll also be keeping an eye out on officers of factions that might fit perfect for the role of leader in this new faction.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Jackal said:

finding a suitable leader.

Like I said, whoever is chosen should be pretty intelligent and creative, as well as capable of RP. It's pretty simple criteria that can be somewhat hard to come across. As it stands, according to Phantom, those types of people on the server now are few and far between. That being said, I'm fairly confident that simply the prospect of this being added has already grabbed the attention of some older, much more experienced retired players.

Edited by shrimpus
Just now, ViziiVfx said:

what would be changing to the soc factions and leaders

Nothing, actually. The only things you would have to consider differently as leaders is the budget and how you plan to use it, which requires you simply just meet with the other subfac leaders in your faction. 

9 minutes ago, shimps said:

Nothing, actually. The only things you would have to consider differently as leaders is the budget and how you plan to use it, which requires you simply just meet with the other subfac leaders in your faction. 

So for the Budget, would that come directly from the Faction leader's in game money count? Or is there a separate budget that is predetermined that each country will have?

And if it's predetermined, could the officers/faction leaders use their own money to add to the budget?

Edited by Milton
Just now, Milton said:

So for the Budget, would that come directly from the Faction leader's in game money count? Or is there a separate budget that is predetermined that each country will have?

So each country would have their own budget. The budget is an independent quantity that can be accessed by officers via a command that would open up a menu that displays the budget and subsequent options to utilize the budgets, ideally. Upon addition, each country would be granted an equal amount, and RU & US would constantly gain money to use with G4S after each war.

2 minutes ago, Milton said:

And if it's predetermined, could the officers/faction leaders use their own money to add to the budget?

No, not likely. For one, the values present in the budget will be on a much different scale than the money used in game. A player adding to the budget would hardly make a dent, nor would it even be possible. This is prevent the likelihood of staff being able to spawn money and influence the budgets. 

5 minutes ago, shimps said:

So each country would have their own budget. The budget is an independent quantity that can be accessed by officers via a command that would open up a menu that displays the budget and subsequent options to utilize the budgets, ideally. Upon addition, each country would be granted an equal amount, and RU & US would constantly gain money to use with G4S after each war.

So the budget that either country has could be used to hire G4S services for use. And it can only be gained through winning wars? Or is it passively gained? A mix of both? And could the budget be spent on out of war events? For example RU paying G4S to raid US pre/post-war.

5 minutes ago, shimps said:

No, not likely. For one, the values present in the budget will be on a much different scale than the money used in game. A player adding to the budget would hardly make a dent, nor would it even be possible. This is prevent the likelihood of staff being able to spawn money and influence the budgets. 

This is good. There are some people in the server that have pretty big amounts of money saved up. Such as Godfather who has close to 2 million now. My main concern was that the money people like that have could be used to give one country a huge edge over another in war through use of G4S services. It'd be great to see a healthy balance and that US couldn't basically own G4S for an entire day.

2 minutes ago, Milton said:

passively gained? A mix of both? And could the budget be spent on out of war events? For example RU paying G4S to raid US pre/post-war.

Let's hit each base. Money is added to the nation budgets after each war. The amount added  is calculated by the amount of players on and a win or loss, losers earning slightly more. Nations can then use their budgets at any given time to employ G4S to do whatever they want.

1 minute ago, shimps said:

Let's hit each base. Money is added to the nation budgets after each war. The amount added  is calculated by the amount of players on and a win or loss, losers earning slightly more. Nations can then use their budgets at any given time to employ G4S to do whatever they want.

That clears that question up for me, sorry if I have A LOT, but I'm trying to wrap my head around everything before I add any suggestions that might alternate the way you have envisioned the G4S.

11 hours ago, shimps said:

This would force each subfaction to interact with each other in order to properly distribute funds and add another element to the currently simple war scheme. 

I'd like to reiterate I'm very open to alternative ideas to this layout of financial logistics, so please, read over this and respond accordingly.

This kind of ties in to my question about how money is earned for each country. I am wondering if after every war, each base faction as well as subfaction (GRU, Marsoc, GB, PDSS) get a cut of the money earned? And what kind of precautions could be put into place to ensure that one side isn't constantly being able to make use of G4S for every war?

I know that the budget of either side would have to be carefully examined to make sure that they don't overspend, but with the right people and spending G4S could be overused by one side.

And how would the G4S be balanced in terms of their capabilities with any amount of money given to them? Would their be Tiers with the weapons/perks they could buy for each life? And it goes without saying that we should try and work out the strength of the weapons they can get (what I mean by that is make sure lower cost weapons/perks act as such).

4 minutes ago, Milton said:

subfaction

Subfactions would not have individual budgets. I think a proper way to do it would be to place control of the budget in the base factions (Army, 2GA.) from which allied subfactions could make requests to utilize the budget to employ G4S for various activities.

7 minutes ago, Milton said:

precautions

G4S can charge whatever they want for services, and even more as the complexity or difficulty of a job increases. This would make a faction repeatedly hiring for things like entire fireteams very difficult, as it would rapidly exhaust their budget. This forces a realistic cooldown on each side.

10 minutes ago, Milton said:

balanced in terms of their capabilities with any amount of money

The equipment G4S would have access to on their end would be highly specialized to carry out certain tasks (Things like flashbangs, mines, precision rifles, etc) and these items would be single-life, and come at a hefty premium via the G4S budget. The directors of G4S would control the types of gear being issued, so that no unnecessary gear is being purchased and money is wasted. The quality of weaponry, as is standard for a high caliber PMC, will be top notch.

1 minute ago, shimps said:

Subfactions would not have individual budgets. I think a proper way to do it would be to place control of the budget in the base factions (Army, 2GA.) from which allied subfactions could make requests to utilize the budget to employ G4S for various activities.

G4S can charge whatever they want for services, and even more as the complexity or difficulty of a job increases. This would make a faction repeatedly hiring for things like entire fireteams very difficult, as it would rapidly exhaust their budget. This forces a realistic cooldown on each side.

The equipment G4S would have access to on their end would be highly specialized to carry out certain tasks (Things like flashbangs, mines, precision rifles, etc) and these items would be single-life, and come at a hefty premium via the G4S budget. The directors of G4S would control the types of gear being issued, so that no unnecessary gear is being purchased and money is wasted. The quality of weaponry, as is standard for a high caliber PMC, will be top notch.

What would G4S do if they aren't employed though? How would they maintain a level of satisfaction while playing the server if they had to sit out a couple of wars because nobody decided to hire them? 

Also I'd like to know If we could get some PM's going on the forums, TS, or wherever else because I do have a couple of questions regarding G4S that i'd prefer to bring to you personally rather than the Forums.

4 minutes ago, Milton said:

What would G4S do if they aren't employed though?

So, this goes back to the competency of the leader. Establishing Passive RP is one of the main goals of this suggestion. If the people selected for G4S can't fulfill that, they shouldn't be there. 

5 minutes ago, Milton said:

PM's

Go ahead, my inbox is always open.

• Like 1