Birddog6's Ban Appeal

Birddog6

In-game name: 11B PV2 Wolfe Tone
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965598124/
Staff members in-game name:  Unknown at Time
Staff members SteamID (/id (name):  [Garnet] Milton(STEAM_0:0:50072294)    
Date & Time of incident: 2019-11-21 - 00:07:49    
Timezone: Eastern US
Ban Reason: NITRP
How long were you banned for?:  08-00:00    
Proof of Ban: https://garnetgaming.net/militaryrp/bans/
What happened? (include any proof): 

I made fun of his kneepads on his character model, along with another player. He instantly banned me inside the base. I was previously warned for RDM, which I served a jail sentence and received a warn for, which, after reviewing the rules, was fair, not debating that. But stating that I have NITRP when I'm making fun of his character model, at midnight, while there's no event going on, after doing the same with a bunch of other faction members, and receiving a blacklist from the RU faction for no stated reason, or any reason given during a sit, or even a PM, feels pretty bad, especially given that I have less than a day on the server (although I think it might have had something to do with me bitching that we were getting smoked constantly by snipers and that I didn't have one, like anyone playing a game would bitch about something). 

Why should your ban be removed?:

I'm not sure why I was banned without a sit, without so much as of a PM, without so much of a 'fuck you' from the guy. If he takes PERSONAL OFFENSE and takes me MAKING FUN OF A CHARACTER MODEL FOR NOT HAVING KNEEPADS/A HELMET as the basis for NITRP, then I think he needs to re-evaluate what he's doing on the staff team in the first place. It was midnight, we just got done with a war, and I had been goofing around generally having a good time with other players with similar experience levels. All in all, I think I was having a pleasant first day on the server.   I also know that he took personal offense when I told him I didn't want to talk to him when he jailed me for RDM, because, why would I? I just got jailed and warned by some admin who was calling me stupid. I don't wanna talk to the guy. He knew that. I even requested a higher admin, or a different one, because of how much I didn't like him when he brought me to a sit. I didn't feel like I was getting a fair shake, but then he said that he was the only admin on (I couldn't confirm or deny, I'm not sure who the admins even are) and I would have to 'deal with him'. 

He said he has a recording of every interaction with me, so I want him to present me making fun of him for his character model's lack of kneepads and a helmet as a basis for this ban. 

For an NITRP ban, you would need 3 fail rps type of actions to get you banned. If you are correctly telling the story, then Milton fucked up on the ban part because he should've bought you to a sit room and explained why you were getting banned. The only time someone can be instantly banned for NITRP is if they spammed admin chat. Milton if you could drop those videos it would be helpful. @Milton 

Edited by draggydx
  • Informative 1

So I do remember this guy last night I'd warned him on several occassions to quit minging and acting crazy. He ended up changing his job to "Kendal is a retard" or something like that after I asked him nicely to chill out.

I then had to warn him several times to change his job back to Russian Forces : Soldier, which he finally did after I threatened warning him formally.

I then had to jail and warn him for RDM in which he insulted me the entire time I was in the sit with him.

I then removed his whitelists for RU because he wasn't listening to the my directions during war and calling the me gay.

After I removed his WL for RU side, he went to US side which I was fine with. I switched over to US after the war to talk to him, and ask him what his problem was with me etc. I tried asking him to follow me to an unpopulated area inside base to talk things over, in my mind I felt that he and I got off on the wrong foot and I wanted to start over. But instead of following me, dude started shit talking me (my player model was Cachet btw which doesn't have a helmet so his POV is off there)

All in All, I will say that I was trying to be very patient with him, I asked him several times to chill out and there was only so much I could take of his behavior before I put the ban in. I was the only staff on that was able to deal with him last night, so it was pretty apparent to me that the guy just disliked me because I was stopping him from being a minge.

Ill cut the footage that I got with him since the entire video is probably an hour or two long and I'll upload it here. For now that is my explanation of things. Ill work on the video. @draggydx

EDIT: Unfortunately all of the video evidence I have on this case and many others (as well as raids, war montages, etc.) got corrupted. So I don't have evidence to back this Ban or anything that i've said on this thread.

Edited by Milton

I wasn't listening to your directions because you were a SF unit trying to command a conventional unit. You also continually got killed, so your orders became very hard to follow when you were dead.

I didn't want to talk to you. I told you that. You should have left that alone. But instead you changed jobs, names, and tried to talk to me as someone else. 

Now I dare you to put the whole video out, not any editing that put you favorably. Don't edit it. Just release it in full. Am I bit of a minge? Yeah. It was midnight and there wasn't a war. I had been joking with other players for hours. You're not gonna sit there and tell me that you should not have fun. 

You just admitting in your statement that you banned me because you couldn't "take" my behavior is fucking ridiculous. That's not NITRP. That's barely even harassment. I'm a person who enjoys playing video games and I like to tell people how I feel and I talk a certain way. 

Don't lie to these people and say you asked me to follow you. I didn't know who you were, and frankly if you asked as the guy who shit talked me earlier and tried to be all giddy and buddy buddy after blacklisting me without so much as a message, to a faction I liked and was having a good time in, during the middle of the war, because I told you that you made bad tactical decisions, and you kept dying or being extremely vague or downright stupid. You being unable to just let it go and let me play the game is appalling. The only person that had an issue was YOU. The other issues with other players were resolved. YOU were the person wronged, and as a staff member, I highly suggest you grow some thick skin or let me just play the game sometimes. You aren't saving the world by fighting some fight with some random new player. You're just making yourself look like an overzealous mod rather than a good one. Grow some thick skin and stop being so dramatic, and release the full video.

@Milton

• Spicy 1
  • Informative 1

Ok what I got from both sides was that the guy was annoying and got whitelists removed for talking down on a SOC member (Kendal/Milton). Then he swapped sides, SOC member went to talk to him about it (why?) and then he (Briddog6) got annoyed that the boi (Kendal/Milton) that just yoinked his WLs is trying to talk to him. Gets banned for getting angry at the SOC member.

honestly +1 for unban, NITRP isn’t what happened here, barely harassment. 

Edited by Captainswag
2 minutes ago, Birddog6 said:

I wasn't listening to your directions because you were a SF unit trying to command a conventional unit.

There were two people on the point capping, everyone else was far too pushed up. I was asking everyone to come and help cap the OBJ to which you insulted.

3 minutes ago, Birddog6 said:

You also continually got killed, so your orders became very hard to follow when you were dead.

War is chaotic, everybody dies in it so this point is completely null. Just because I die protecting the objective you refuse to get on, doesn't mean you can ignore what people are asking you to do during war.

5 minutes ago, Birddog6 said:

You just admitting in your statement that you banned me because you couldn't "take" my behavior is fucking ridiculous. That's not NITRP. That's barely even harassment. I'm a person who enjoys playing video games and I like to tell people how I feel and I talk a certain way. 

There was only so much of your behavior I could be patient with before I took action staff wise. I'd told you time and time again to chill out and stop minging so hard. Yes, everyone minges from time to time. But you were the only one people were complaining about in which I had to take action. Even in the sit when I jailed you, I tried telling you I wasn't doing it out of spite, but you just weren't listening to me when I was trying to help you avoid what this all led up to. There are people that are far less patient than me on the server, I gave you several verbal warnings because I didn't WANT to ban you.

8 minutes ago, Birddog6 said:

You being unable to just let it go and let me play the game is appalling. 

Because as staff, I can't just let you go around doing whatever you want. There are boundaries that are set in the rules, my job is to enforce them. the only reason I started interacting with you is because I was getting complaints about you. Hence why I took you to the side, and told you to chill out. And thats when you decided to be honestly rude about shit and started insulting me any chance you could get to do so. I wasn't actively looking for enemies, I was doing what I am supposed to do as staff when somebody is getting complained about. You just dislike me because I DIDN'T just let you go and do whatever you want.

14 minutes ago, Birddog6 said:

Grow some thick skin and stop being so dramatic, and release the full video.

This is a ban appeal thread, I already said in my post that the folder in which I keep all of my recordings is corrupted due to it saving on my C Drive (which is full)

What I don't understand is why even on your ban appeal you are continuing to insult and attack me. All I did was what I thought I should have done as a staff member. I didn't ban you out of spite, despite what you want people to believe. I banned you because you were breaking rules and I had tried warning you verbally before I punished you each and every time I did punish you. Had you actually listened to anything I said last night, you probably would have seen that I take my job as staff seriously and I don't just ban because fun. This is the only ban appeal i've ever had put against me, and I have agreed that you should be unbanned because I made a mistake.