DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Vizii Be Like

4 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

In a perfect world, I could agree. In a non perfect world the management team will clique up, wipe anyone they don't like, and only resign after being completely pushed out by the community. Staffing cannot be preventative, it has to be reactionary. If you look at the track records of "staff oversight", Trips DF was the first faction that was "staff ran". Trip was micro managed and eventually wiped not for anything he or anyone in his faction did, but because of staff's opinions on the players that were in the faction. I'm not too down for maining garry's mod anymore, but if I was I'd much rather join a server where the opinion of the collective mattered compared to the opinion of 1 or 2 members of the staff team. 

In a perfect world, I would agree. However, in this non-perfect world, the "collective" typically doesn't know what it wants. That's why there are people at the top to make that informed decision. 

4 minutes ago, Phantom said:

In a perfect world, I would agree. However, in this non-perfect world, the "collective" typically doesn't know what it wants. That's why there are people at the top to make that informed decision. 

I mean yeah, the whole "people are sheep" is a real concept, scary even. Any idiot can join the staff team and start taking over. Because, like you're insinuating, not many people will stop them. That's why I'm simply stating that players should start talking about the "problems" being tossed around, before someone just as incompetent as them starts applying the solutions.

• Informative 1
2 hours ago, Phantom said:

Today's results could have been avoided if there was more oversight and accountability in the faction, which has been lacking for months. I'm just wondering when a leader will step up and have the responsibility to do the right thing instead of being stubborn and blinded by arrogance.

2 hours ago, Phantom said:

I'm just wondering when a leader will step up

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Not gonna lie I am not one-hundred percent sure what happened on the Staff side of things for this one.

With that being said, MARSOC isn't looking to be in a good spot for the time being. With the majority of the faction being banned and then Vizii going on an LOA for a week was it? That means for 2 weeks US is going to be at a disadvantage by losing a huge chunk of their SOC members. I know I'm n RU main so a lot of them would be ecstatic to see something like this happen, however in terms of server health I'm not sure how good an idea it is to have a SOC faction essentially not existing for any extended period of time.

Especially a faction that makes up the majority of US tab menu when it's high pop, not to mention the work those banned members were doing to keep marines on the up and up. Overall the whole situation is absolutely fucked.

I'm still confused on what happened on the staff side of things so I won't comment on that. But hopefully this kind of thing can be avoided in the future.

• Like 2