The LAST Raid Block Post

Dan Gardner

(hopefully)

Garnet just recently accepted a suggestion for Raid Block fixing, but I figured we should make sure ALL bases are covered so we don't all spam Garnet with the same replies "FIX RAIDBLOCK" "GARNET YOUR SERVER IS BROKEN FIX RAIDBLOCK"

So, based off community opinion that I've gathered;

1.Raid Block should only trigger when a player uses some kind of explosive on another player's entity/base. In the suggestion thread, Garnet says only C4 will apply a Raid Block, which, in my opinion, creates an easy exploit, meaning if you don't use C4 in a raid, the people getting raided can do whatever the hell they want. I would suggest adding Basic Rockets and Explosive 5.56mm to the trigger. They are commonly used in high profile raids, and along with C4, are the most expensive explosives in the game, meaning they should provide the benefit of Raid Blocking the defender.

2. Raid Block lasts 3 Minutes. This is a lot better than 5 Minutes, and it's still manageable for the raider to keep it going. I say this stays, and so do the rest of the community that I've asked.

3. Raid Block prevents you from placing a lot of entities. There is most likely a whitelist that can be changed for this mod, but I'm not familiar with it. If it isn't too much of a challenge, the whitelist should be as follows:

- Sleeping bag
- Camp Fire
- Stash
- Ladder
- Tool Cupboard
- Auto Turret
- Small Generator
- High External Walls and Gates (This was 50/50 out of everyone I asked. Further discussion will help ease the matter hopefully)
- If High Walls and Gates are allowed - allow Stone barricade, Sandbags, and wooden barricade/metal barricade for balancing.
- Wire Tool (have not tested to see if it doesn't work in Raid Block, but is important for some raid tactics)
- Twig Floor/Walls/Stairs (possibility of adding a chance to completely destroy the block when upgraded would be really cool) (no foundation)
- Any Seeds (just annoying when you have to wait for Raid Block to end to tend to your garden)
- Any others, please suggest in comments/replies

Placing down a door to seal the raid is very common and I believe that we need a way to accomplish this without it directly breaking the functionality of Raid Block. Discuss whether door/doorway placing should be allowed during raidblock for further discourse on the subject. Key locks and Code Locks should also be allowed if doors are.

"Building" during raids has always been a meta that I've been a genuine fan of. No walling off loot inside your base, but using certain entities in the game to the advantage of the defender and the raider, makes for very interesting PVP.

4. Trading/TP/Home teleports do not work while Raid Blocked. Thanks Garnet!

That's pretty much all I have for this. Please let me know your thoughts down below.

Edited by Dan Gardner
added ladder to Raid Block WL
  • Like 3

I think you should be able to place doors down when getting raided. As of right now you can not do that. But you can place down shop fronts instead. I think you make allot of valid points and your whitelist is very well written and I think should be implemented. Also we were getting raid blocked when someone with a rock would hit our base or any kind of gunfire near by. If that could be looked into. I think on a modded server you need to have some sort of raid block to limit the amount of advantages that the raidee has.  

23 minutes ago, DemonicClown said:

I think on a modded server you need to have some sort of raid block to limit the amount of advantages that the raidee has.  

This is why Raid Block is needed on this server, it just needs to be nerfed into the ground so it stops being just another annoyance in the game. Before, you could halt a 5 man team's progression just by shooting at their base every 3-5 minutes, with no intention of actually raiding. Hopefully with the changes suggested here and changes already implemented, Raid Block will be a lot more playable.

• Like 2

You should be able to build while raid blocked and be able to place down deployables while raid blocked for sure. I agree with making all explosives for the most part raid block you and not 556 shots from a different fight or a random naked with a rock.

• Like 1

+1 This adjustment to the raid block in my opinion would make game play much more enjoyable and base building, as of now when we get raid blocked and we get counters and we are running we cannot place high walls and causes us to die instantly also when raiding it would be nice to place twig to scout the area blown into. With Base building there are people that can shoot reg ammo at your base and cause you to get raid blocked. I feel like that when raid blocked your not able to trade,tp,/home,etc also when building and raid blocked keep it at low health, Also make it to were only explosives can trigger raid block if so that would be great!!

Edited by Smokeyy
  • Like 1
  • The Garnut
On 12/24/2019 at 8:43 AM, Dan Gardner said:

1.Raid Block should only trigger when a player uses some kind of explosive on another player's entity/base. In the suggestion thread, Garnet says only C4 will apply a Raid Block

I should have corrected myself, any weapon which results in an 'explosion' to occur will result in a raid block. This is not limited to C4, and rockets will indeed trigger this feature.

I would suggest adding Basic Rockets and Explosive 5.56mm to the trigger

Please DO let me know if this currently doesn't trigger a raid block

- Sleeping bag
- Camp Fire
- Stash
- Ladder
- Tool Cupboard
- Auto Turret
- Small Generator
- High External Walls and Gates (This was 50/50 out of everyone I asked. Further discussion will help ease the matter hopefully)
- If High Walls and Gates are allowed - allow Stone barricade, Sandbags, and wooden barricade/metal barricade for balancing.
- Wire Tool (have not tested to see if it doesn't work in Raid Block, but is important for some raid tactics)
- Twig Floor/Walls/Stairs (possibility of adding a chance to completely destroy the block when upgraded would be really cool) (no foundation)
- Any Seeds (just annoying when you have to wait for Raid Block to end to tend to your garden)
- Any others, please suggest in comments/replies

Stay tuned for the next Rust update

4. Trading/TP/Home teleports do not work while Raid Blocked. Thanks Garnet!

You're welcome, and thank you very much for this well-written suggestion.

• Winner 2

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines