ZachDLC ban appeal...?

ZachDLC

@Ark3 Any good staff member is able to tell the difference between trying to help someone, and outright malicious intent. Cases of  actual doxxing this community have seen in the past go way beyond just drawing a connection between a players online aliases. Zach did nothing wrong here, and the only grievance I see is you taking it upon yourselves to ban him without discussing it with anyone really, when I'm sure you knew at the time that he wasn't involving himself in any naughty business.

That being said, this ban appeal exists for one of two reasons:

1. Garbage witch hunt against an innocent community member.

2. You're being a white-knight.

Moral of the story, grow up.

Edited by shrimpus
  • Cringe 1
  • Winner 4
1 hour ago, ZachDLC said:

Luci needs punishment as well as he isn't a manger, member of any subdiv, and shouldn't be taking reporting through DISCORD. 

@Luci I thought you knew this explain please for the love of God.

STOP WITCHHUNTING ME PLEASE I WAS LITERALLY TRYING TO HELP HER.

everything I do is knitpicked like wtf

You banned me 3 days later off a screenshot which proves nothing with approval from a higher up that isn't an operator without an actual report.

You need to be demoted.

Wasnt witch hunting you said it in staff chat that isnt okay where everyone can see an see HOW to do it. A dox is a dox an you usually are suppose to look up the steam id not the in game name when looking for previous bans. 

3 minutes ago, Luci said:

Wasnt witch hunting you said it in staff chat that isnt okay where everyone can see an see HOW to do it. A dox is a dox an you usually are suppose to look up the steam id not the in game name when looking for previous bans. 

I looked up her ingame name and I let her know that she should change it so nobody else does it. It's not a tutorial on how to dox. Everyone assumes that everyone else in @ chat is going dox her or something. Have some faith in other staff.

2 hours ago, Ark3 said:

Hello, @Luci, @lyndefish, and myself were in voice chat last night and the conversation was brought up about how you doxed her. It made her upset how you decided to put that in staff-chat where random VIP-mods and people she doesn't completely trust can see.  Not only by saying this in staff-chat that you confirmed that you did in-fact look her up it was extremely inappropriate of you to put this in staff-chat instead of privately messaging her. This type of behavior from a T.Admin is disappointing you had no right to even search up in the first place. I personally feel that you should remained banned as I can't see a legit reason for you needing to search her up in the first place. AS-well as bringing her personal information into the server/game.

TLDR: DDoS or the publicizing of other member's private information (DOX) will result in a permanent ban. (This includes all "hacking" threats).

You indeed publicized it to a staff-chat instead of privately messaging her. As-well as stating in this thread that you were looking up SteamID's, and IGN's to find stuff.

The images I placed on the discord we're me verifying it was the correct Steam ID as you weren't online at that moment. 

13B7A019FE038F8C66A5252418424FD1614B5F5A

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1973853349

Ik the Staff v Staff doesn't really apply here, but message a higher up about banning someone who is a higher rank than you. You being a TMOD and him being a TADMIN are very different. I'm amazed at how you interpreted this as Doxing, if anything Zach helped her.

What I would consider pushing it a bit is typing that in OOC, where a bunch of unknowns can look up a staff's name and figure out (according to DLC) their private info. I really hope you learn about how the GMOD and Garnet community operate, both IG, IRL, and on the forums before you ban someone else. 

Final thing, did Lynde even say she wanted DLC banned? Because from what i've seen you just straight up banned an admin for a shitty reason.

1 hour ago, ioms said:

the ban should stay but the ban reason should change because he didnt really dox anyone but ZachDLC should be demoted already so this shoud stay 

You make no sense. Don't post if you agree with the appeal, but say they still need to be banned. Entirely unhelpful.

1 hour ago, ZachDLC said:

You need to be demoted.

I wouldn't go that far, temp demote- yes, retrain- definitely.

Lynde themself said they didn't want DLC banned. As many other replies have stated they view this as a witch hunt, I will too. 

5 minutes ago, Ibrarce said:

pub·li·cize - make (something) widely known. 

There's a lot of members on the staff team and they could also start doing what you did for some weird reason and the might not have the same discretion as you 

1. You guys and your private discord need to wake up and smell the roses here. Not sure why you're commenting as you're already banned on DRP and MRP

2. Using theoretical information to ban a staff member who literally trained you isn't how this is supposed to work. If she changed her handles like I told her she should, nobody would be able to do it within the span of about 5 mins

Edited by Zach-DLC
3 minutes ago, Cireland said:

This is just turning into back and forth with no new meaningful input. This thread needs to be locked.

Says the one who put a fucking Rick and Morty meme on the thread.

Luci also was incorrect in recommending the ban. He knows the chain of command just as well as the rest of us. Go to a staff report.

Luci obviously didn't have the right mind to put in the ban himself. You all knew what you were doing and used DepressedBird as a shield.

Edited by Zach-DLC
9 minutes ago, ZachDLC said:

I looked up her ingame name and I let her know that she should change it so nobody else does it. It's not a tutorial on how to dox. Everyone assumes that everyone else in @ chat is going dox her or something. Have some faith in other staff.

Yes I know but then also you displayed it in @ chat for people that she didnt know an so forth. 

It could've been takin to pms instead of @ chat as you said PUBLICLY in @ chat on how to get her PERSONAL information.

I have no issue with you tho as it was my ultimate decision in all of it. I technically said If you got proof of it you can gonfornit

Just now, ZachDLC said:

Says the one who put a fucking Rick and Morty meme on the thread.

Luci also was incorrect in recommending the ban. He knows the chain of command just as well as the rest of us. Go to a staff report.

I put my contribution in a meme format. The point remains. "It just sounds like doxxing with extra steps". Chill out

4 minutes ago, ZachDLC said:

1. You guys and your private discord need to wake up and smell the roses here. Not sure why you're commenting as you're already banned on DRP and MRP

2. Using theoretical information to ban a staff member who literally trained you isn't how this is supposed to work. If she changed her handles like I told her she should, nobody would be able to do it within the span of about 5 mins

Why would i be banned on MRP???? And dont even talk about a witch hunt you literally witch hunt the staff team so hard you had to have a very high member of it tell you to chill the fuck out

https://imgur.com/a/2qGNEIN 

Edited by Ibrarce
  • Cringe 4

Accepted

This entire situation seems completely unnecessary, If you'd like to keep your information private you should start by taking steps to privatize your information, (e.g. Keeping your profile information private, do not use IGN's that you've used previously or could relate to your personal life in any way.) Do NOT disclose personal information during conversations (e.g, releasing names, locations, ages, etc.) Do not use personal images (Could be possibly reversed searched.) There are plenty of other ways of staying private online, google is a public entity all the information on there is public., not sure what I can do to help you but this most definitely doesn't call for a ban and the staff member(s) in questions who approved this ban will be punished accordingly.

• Like 2
  • Cringe 2
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 3
  • Agree 1