[MRP] AEK-971 (ACOG) Buff

shrimp

Description: First off, thank you @Ting for the inspiration to experiment with this. Lately, I've been toying around with backup sights and making ranged sights more effective in close quarters with the press of a button. I was doing some refinement on the Mosin Short Dot I've been working on when I stumbled across the function used to make PU-to-Iron Sight switch possible. I immediately applied it to the AEK's ACOG, given there is a gap beneath the rail, adjusted the sights, and it worked like a charm.

To clarify, when you are looking down the ACOG sight of the AEK, double tapping E will switch to the gun's iron sights immediately, without removing the ACOG sight. You press E twice to return to the original magnification.

This is the first and only gun I've applied this to so far, but I'm gonna go through the weapons and see if there are any other candidates with rail gaps in the Khris packs.

Additional Information: 

The iron sight with the rail above it has the draw back of reduced visibility, however the advantage is being able to quickly, and very smoothly, switch between magnifications.
URO6LxM.jpg

It's literally one line of code.

SWEP.BackupSights = {["md_uecw_csgo_acog"] = {[1] = Vector(-2.66, -1.6667, 0.38), [2] = Vector(0.1, 0.6, 0)}}

Edited by shrimpus
  • Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...