In-game name: Acer
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:0:95270714
Staff members in-game name: Conway
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:138807332      
Date & Time of incident: January 17, 2020. Around 9:00 PM EST time
Timezone: EST
Ban Reason: MassRDM
How long were you banned for?: 2 weeks
Proof of Ban: https://garnetgaming.net/militaryrp/bans/?steamid=STEAM_0%3A1%3A150783532
What happened? (include any proof): Me and the SEALs, keep in mind I just got recruited maybe 5 days ago, were doing something they called "tradition". I didn't really know much about this, but they said they did Free for All's after every tryout, so I decided to go along with it. Everybody was already back at base, and we decided to claim Tank Hangar and do some sims. I try my hardest to impress them, given I am new to SEALs. Obviously when you first join a faction, you want to impress them. I amassed the amount of 5 kills (I believe), without knowing I was doing anything wrong in the process. 
Why should your ban be removed?:  I am in no way defending my actions, I am simply asking for "mercy". I really don't want my ban to even be removed, just taken down to accidental mass if possible.  I realize that I have made a mistake, but I also think that I can most definitely be forgiven given the circumstances at hand. To me there is a difference between killing someone and RDM. I believe that most of the time, RDM is meant with malicious intent, which would in turn ruin others experience on the server. Under my circumstances, it was not like this at all. I am not saying that simply because the RDM was "consensual", I am also saying that because it did not ruin the experience of anybody. I also think that this rule needs to be emphasized more. I looked through the rules and I found this rule nowhere, I'm not using this as an excuse, I would simply appreciate it if this was more of an obvious rule, which I think in turn would have prevented this entire situation, and would hopefully help to prevent any future mishaps. I will also not use this as an excuse, but I am a somewhat "newer" player in the grand scheme of things. I started about a month ago, which is quite a long while, but nonetheless. I've read through the rules numerous times, believing that I had it all down, but when it comes to the ordeal at hand, it seems that I have been mistaken. I'm not gonna say this to throw others under the bus, but I figured that if other people that have been playing way longer than me would know of this rule, and never do something like what happened. I would really appreciate it if you guys took the time to actually have a civil discussion with me on this thread, instead of denying it immediately. I am willing to back my stance and answer any questions given. This would have never happened to me if the rule was on the actual rule page. I have read over the rules numerous times, to hopefully in turn stop something like this from happening. Like I previously stated, I am more than happy to participate in a civil discussion. There is evidence against me, and I most definitely deserve punishment. I simply think that given context you can hopefully begin to understand that this was not intentional. The only possible direct correlation from the rule page that I can find is when it says "you may KOS said claimed area to those that are not in your faction". Upon reading the rules page, you will spot that this is at the bottom, and is quite possible that I glossed over it the numerous times that I have read this page. Although this may seem like proving evidence against me, it actually states nothing about actually doing sims in base. Like I previously stated I also was under the impression that Kruger, the one who led this, would say Sims Start. I thought this was commonplace, and would be done without notice. He said start in TS, so with the little room around me in Tank Hangar, and people on all sides, I started without looking in chat to assure myself that he had indeed said "Sims Start". I would very much appreciate you guys having a discussion with me on what you think is happening at hand. Thanks for reading guys, hopefully this will get resolved in a way that all see fit.

• Disagree 5
  • Community Director

As the banning staff:

Yes Kruger did claim an area of base, however he claimed it for "NSWG1" being as you are a SEAL and that's the SEAL prefix, he can't enforce the claim against you, as he claimed it for "NSWG1", unlike "Marine LMG Tryouts Claim ___" which is exclusive to Marine LMG Tryouts, so USMC not in the tryouts may be KOSed if stated, unlike your case. The "weapons in base must always be on safety rule" has always applied for this reasoning, so it's assumed no sims in base. Yes it's not a "written rule" for no sims in base, but it falls under the common sense aspect, and is partly under FailRP, as you would never host valid sims in your own base. Regardless of all of this still, if I had overlooked the sims in base, you all repeatedly killed each other, coming back after death(s) - ergo the continuous sims which in it's self is against the rules, and nor adverting any form of Sims Start/Stop. You additionally as I have stated before warned by your CDR (Nightmare) to stop. Most of these rules aren't written because they fall under another rule (FailRP, etc), and it's assumed those ranks who can host sims know them. TD;LR - No Sims In Base, No Sim Stop/Start Adverts, Continuous Sims, False Claim, 3+ Kills.

pMSAUc8.png

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Denied

You have been in the server long enough to be in 2 SOC factions and hear about the MARSOC situatuion. The staff team has made it public and have tried to emphasize for a very long time that consensual RDM is still RDM and on top of that your faction claimed a portion of the base for sims and loop holed it for kills ( Both which are not allowed ). During this time you got 4 Kills and more than likely damaged multiple more. Your ban will stay a 2 Week Mass RDM ban.

I am willing to talk to you in TS if you want me to explain it but I think I explained it enough

@Alex Conway Lock and Move Please

• Cringe 1