fisted waffles- Moderator Application

nuttlover

In-game name:Fistedwaffles

Steam-ID:STEAM_0:1:90951246

warns:0

TimeZone:EST

Playtime:fistedwaffles has played for 77:21:52

Do you have access to team speak? Yes, I do

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos? Yes, I record almost everything that happens.

Referral(s):Denizen, Toast

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

Why should we choose you over other applicants? I have staffing experience from 2 other servers. I really do try to help out people that are new to the server, I will help them raid, base with me,ETC. i'm on everyday besides the weekends, I think the server is nice to play on, so I plan to play on it for a very long time. I want to help make the server better and not toxic,if someone gets in a sit i'm going to try to get it done quickly so they can go back and have fun. And if a new player gets a sit with me i'm going to not warn them at first because I don't want them to think the admins are mean or anything but if your level like 20 im going to warn you because they should know the rules.if I get admin/staff im going  to try my hardest to meet everyone's expectations. 

i'm open for if anyone would need me to go on and help taking sits just contact my discord or on steam. and with me having  staffing experience on two other servers i will have a head start on how to deal with situations other than brand new staff that have no experience. so it would be easier to get me threw training and out to help people that need it. I have tried very hard to get this far and im going to keep trying, i know i can meet everyone's expectation so im going to keep giving it my best. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? if so, include details

yes i was ban a couple days ago because of rda/ltap

Have you made any previous applications, if so when?: Yes i have tried 13  days ago

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? I play everyday off and on randomly but I play all the time.

if you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?: I like to play the drums

Did you read the staff rules?:Fistedwaffles

Edited by nuttlover

Honestly, I've personally met you in game and on multiple occasions I've had sits with you where you'd broken a rule. This is fairly recently as well, I just feel you are not familiar enough with the rules and need to have more playtime. Also your application isn't written very well. Punishments should be administered whether they are newer or not. This is how they learn, the first time I received a warn I most definitely never did that again, and it was in lower levels. Your application is very generic and roughly written, it also doesn't meet the two paragraph requirement. If you'd written a nice lengthy staff app, with proper grammar, perhaps at that point I would've overlooked what I'd seen in-game, but for now. 

Edited by Vaelex
  • Informative 1
14 minutes ago, nuttlover said:

ok i get it im not good with writing but im trying my best i dont know how to right good paragraphs ok

Not to be a downer man, but it isn't really all that difficult. Take 20-30 minutes out of your day and write your staff app, this is your entrance into the staff team, make it big! If you genuinely do not know how to write proper paragraphs, put it into a docs, do whatever, there are hundreds of ways to learn about how to write a simple paragraph, ask someone in person if you have to!

• Like 1

While I don't know about you in game, from reading your application, I agree with Vaelex on numerous points. The grammar and application are unorganized and generic. I recommend you rewrite this immediately using proper grammar. Imagine it as a high-school essay. Second, your playtime is sub-100, which is generally not great, but at least it's not the 24 minimum that I see some applicants with. HOWEVER, barring all this, recommendations by Denizen are hard to come by, so I trust his judgement, as he is an extremely capable person with good judgement. So, even considering my complaints, I will +1 this.

While I'm still not certain about you as staff, I confirm my referral. I would suggest fixing your app like others suggested though because it could still be improved. I'm sure that you could do your job as a staff, but I'm still not sure how well you would be able to do it as I see you very distracted a lot of the time in game and you've had several "toxic" moments in sits. I feel like you might also carry some bias in sits toward certain people. I also see you abusing your powers as staff (physgun and /goto) in regular RP situations. But, as they say, you never know until you try, so I'm willing to +1 your app. Keep in mind, though, if you get accepted I will be watching your every move