In-game name: Rod Hull And Emu
SteamID  STEAM_0:0:170465189
Warns:  0
Timezone:  EST
Playtime?: 46:32:16
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] N/A
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Yes but the ones i have staffed on some shut down some time ago.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

It would be best if you chose me, over other applicants because I am fast to act. I enjoy helping people resolve their problem and issues other players have. I have lots of experience I was a SuperAdmin on an old server call Physical Gaming (Shut Down) and a mod on another. Since I was a very high up member of a Dark RP community, I can say my experience being staff and managing staff, as well as apps, is why another reason to consider me for staff. I forgot the name of the other server it has been some time. I am always making people don't abuse the rules and each other, including staff because a lousy staff member can not only ruin a player's experience on the servers but create a toxic community as a whole. As I do have 1600+ hours of G-mod, I would say this gives me an advantage over other applicants.

Next, I will talk about why I want to be Staff. I have seen "bad apple" staff first hand and dislikes it when anyone abuses there power, so don't expect this from me. I want to be staff because I have lots of experience( as stated before) and want to improve the community as a whole. I see some players complain backlogs of reports. I did notice some time in admins/mods take some time to take my reports. I would consider myself to be level headed in sits. I have a good understanding of the rules. Like helping other players out, and I like to play g-mod. I do also notice a lack of staff sometimes. Trust me; I will bring swift and hard justice on minges with no sympathy for people trying to ruin RP just for the fun of it. Evidence is something I always look for in a site such as evidence in logs or an admission of guilt its self. That's about all I have to say for now. I hope to get some good responses and hear back from you all soon.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details  No
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No 
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Always more than a hour a day. 1-5 Hours
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? School but I get home early.
Did you read the staff rules?:Rod Hull And Emu

Edited by RodHull
38 minutes ago, RodHull said:

Playtime?: 46:32:16

Very low playtime compared to almost all of the other staff, not even doubling the required amount of Hours.

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): https://steamcommunity.com/id/itsmetoxic

Get your SteamID from in-game using "/id (name)" which you stated that you should've known in your paragraphs, or you can use a converter online.

I know all the commands ( !jail "name" 180) (!goto "player")(!bring "player") etc and other ulx commands.

This doesn't give you an advantage as any other player capable of being staff knows these as well as they are very common commands that are used almost every time you play on the server.

Next i will talk about why i want to be Staff.  I want to be staff because I have lots of experience( as stated before) I see some players complains  backlogs of reports. I did notice some time in admins/mods take some time to take my reports. I would consider myself to be level headed in sits. I have a good understanding in the rules.  Like helping other player out and i like to play g-mod. I do also notice a lack of staff on  sometimes like right now when i am typing this in game there are only 1 vipMod for the 27 users on right now 11:05 EST. That's about all I have to say for now I hope to get some good responses and  hear back from you all soon.

And this is just a space filler.

Overall, I personally haven't seen you in-game and, as I stated before, your playtime is considerably low compared to all of those who usually get accepted or even apply; your paragraphs are very generalized and look like you didn't even put in any effort; and lastly I would wait to apply again until the warn goes away.

If you fix your paragraphs put them through grammarly to catch those small mistakes.

Edit: Why does your custom URL have "toxic" in it?

Edited by Toast
Just now, Toast said:

Very low playtime compared to almost all of the other staff, not even doubling the required amount of Hours.

Get your SteamID from in-game using "/id (name)" which you stated that you should've known in your paragraphs, or you can use a converter online.

This doesn't give you an advantage as any other player capable of being staff knows these as well as they are very common commands that are used almost every time you play on the server.

And this is just a space filler.

Overall, I personally haven't seen you in-game and, as I stated before, your playtime is considerably low compared to all of those who usually get accepted or even apply; your paragraphs are very generalized and look like you didn't even put in any effort; and lastly I would wait to apply again until the warn goes away.

If you fix your paragraphs put them through grammarly to catch those small mistakes.

-1, toast summed it up pretty nicely here.

. I do also notice a lack of staff on  sometimes like right now when i am typing this in game there are only 1 vipMod for the 27 users on right now 11:05 EST.

This point is invalid, if server pop is that low ( 27 users as u said) than staff numbers will also be low. If the pop was higher i assure you the amount of staff would be somewhere around 5+.

• Agree 2

-1 The others brought up most things I would've. You need some real substance in those paragraphs. However, I like those hours you'd be willing to put in per day, 1-5 hours that's quite good. Only chance you'll be able to put that in as a staff member though, is if you fix your application with what the others told you. 

For being 18, you sure don't know how to look over your writing to check for mistakes. Though not a huge issue to leave out words or write coherently, it does show a lack of attention to detail - something you need as a staff. You also rehash the same points over and over again, if you can call them points, as a majority of applicants have written something similar to what you've written. Toast also makes some good points, and I don't really know you all that well to ignore those points and judge you based on your personality and in game experience alone. 

• Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Denied

Thanks for showing interest in joining our DarkRP staff team.

There's not many responses to your application for how long it's been up, and what we do have is all negative responses.

You may reapply in 72 hours, but I'd suggest trying to find some referrals from admins, or gaining some more reputation with community members who can vouch for your ability to join the staff team.