Report on Multiple RU Faction Leaders/Officers

Homast

Who are you reporting? [Staff/Player]: 4 Players, Some of which are staff.
Your in-game name: NSWC ST8 SOCS Blackhawk
Your SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:70469215
In-game name of reportee: Porche, Viva, Krimzin, Simone
SteamID of reportee (https://steamid.io/):  Porche: STEAM_0:1:168012334   Viva: STEAM_0:1:101152940   Krimzin: STEAM_0:1:95279553 Simone: STEAM_0:0:95270714
Date & Time of incident: March 16th 2020
Timezone: EST
What happened? (include any proof):
 So, We have clear proof, that several Members of the RU faction Officer base, mocking somebody for their speech impediment, What reason? No clue, They just decided it was funny I guess.

Viva is a Staff member, and should know better than do this after having been called out, which numerous people had done. (Me, Jack Mehoff, Supra).
After we had called them out, Porche proceeds to call us snowflakes.
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

I believe that with the positions that they hold on RU, and some of them being active staff, This is disgusting behaviour.  And y'all gunna be asking "why tf garnet saying we toxic" when you guys pull this shit.

Gross misconduct such as this does not belong on the server, and if you're going to make fun of an individual, make sure you can't get caught doing so.

• Cringe 9
  • Spicy 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 7
Just now, Gamma said:

Question What kind of punishment would want them to receive? 

Whatever The report handler would see fit in this case.
For the Staff members in question, Staff strikes as well as they're literally told when trained that this ain't tolerable behaviour

Harassment is nothing that should be allowed on the server whatsoever. But when it comes to the true context to the situation then there are people that are blind to relationships prior to the situation than this is what happens. So, With @Viva @AwesomeAidan and @Porche they had been friends longer than most people that are on the server today have been around for. They tend to mess around with each other but sometimes the extent of what is said can cause harm to someone. Now, am I saying what was said should be allowed whatsoever? no. From my standpoint, I had just come home from my buddies memorial to see that I was blacklisted from green beret without context. Instantly I thought viva or porche did something dumb. Which looking from an outside view, yes this can be seen as something that would warrant a blacklist from any faction. I then ask aidan why I was blacklisted and that will stay disclosed due to the complications of the situation. @Homast I do agree that when looking at it from not knowing the bond between the three that yes this can be heavily seen as harassment. 

Now, in my opinion I think that the situation should have been snuffed by either @Viva or @Porche before anything got out of hand. Which unfortunately some thought that they had gone too far with what was said which is 100%  understandable. I do agree with the fact that there should have been more maturity shown by the players reported, but its a garrys mod server. If you really care about what people say or think about you in anyway then you should reconsider playing on said server. Friends fuck with each other in almost any circumstance that they can. 

Viva, Porche and Aidan have been in the same faction for months before they separated and built a brotherly bond ever since they were 2GA and they know when the limits to fucking with each other have been reached or not. For this situation I cant say the same for. I am disappointing with how this is being handled and how heated this is becoming overtime. But @Homast In certain ways this can be seen as a third party report. From what I have seen, Aidan didn't want any type of report to be made in anyway. But instead you decide to make a report to try to resolve the issue. Respectable, but not needed. The situation was being defused as you were writing this report. 

Overall, @Viva and @Porche did take it overboard a bit which should have not happend in the first place. Not speaking for the other players, but they should not be warned for the reasons of the report being technically third party, and the situation has been defused.

Edited by Redacted
yeah
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Homast said:

Whatever The report handler would see fit in this case.
For the Staff members in question, Staff strikes as well as they're literally told when trained that this ain't tolerable behaviour

Neutral I do think that the non staff people shouldn't be punished. But at the same time my opinion can be seen as bias so therefore  I will remain Neutral. 

2 minutes ago, Redacted said:

I do agree that when looking at it from not knowing the bond between the three that yes this can be heavily seen as harassment. 

See, The bond thing would make sense if Aidan was also playing around with them back in OOC, But He wasn't.

I don't think this is a case of them being friendly to each other in this case.

3 minutes ago, Cheasterman72 said:

isn't this a third party report, if aidan had such a problem with it he would've reported them himself

So, Question for you, If I see someone breaking the rules, Am I supposed to turn a blind eye?

That logic unfortunately doesn't make sense.

As Staff, I'm reporting rulebreakers, What I could have done, was warn them all on the spot for Harrassment/Diss in OOC, But I'm allowing Higher staff to make the judgement call here.

• Cringe 4
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

I had a conversation with Aidan like 30 minutes ago about this, sorting it out: 

dontwaugh.PNG

I feel like the situation was done after this conversation. At this point, it's just beating a dead horse.  Me and Aidan have already talked it out and I have owned up to it.  It was a misunderstanding on my part because I thought it was a joke. Me, Aidan, and Porche were in 2GA together a while back and we've known each other a long time. Me and Porche were just fucking around with him. Other people then caught on to the joke and joined in. I had no involvement with the people who joined in; it was not my intention to make it seem like it we were "harassing him".  As Vizii has mentioned above, from the outside looking in it may look like harassment. In reality, it was just some friends fucking around which got too far. All in all, I disagree with someone not even involved in the situation making a forum report about it (when it was already dealt with in the first place).

• Like 2

Me, Viva, and Aidan have all been friends on the server for over a year now. We have always said things to each other to make fun of or mess around with one-another, whether it be me being a "redneck hillbilly", Aidan being "Canadian mountain man", or Viva being a "Cherokee" we have always done these kind of things. Maybe not in OOC but that brings me to my next part.- Bringing this into OOC was a mistake by us, ill say that much. We may have gone a couple steps too far but how bad has that ever hurt anyone? This is a report on hurt feelings. If it were harassment it would be in pm's. On behalf of Krimzin, he is sorry for his actions and the words he has said, you cant blame him for joining in since most of us were already messing around.

• Friendly 1
1 minute ago, Homast said:

So, Question for you, If I see someone breaking the rules, Am I supposed to turn a blind eye?

no, your supposed to enforce the rule that there breaking, I.E Warn and jail, or ban.

2 minutes ago, Homast said:

That logic unfortunately doesn't make sense.

Aidan had every right to report them for harrasment or diss in OOC, I dont understand why you cant make sense of the fact that he didn't choose to report.

7 minutes ago, Homast said:

As Staff, I'm reporting rulebreakers, What I could have done, was warn them all on the spot for Harrassment/Diss in OOC, But I'm allowing Higher staff to make the judgement call here.

They broke a rule, thats true, but you should have warned them. Instead you dont have enough confidence to get the situation done with as you put a few commands down in chat. This report is a waste of higher staffs time.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1

Accepted

Viva will receive a staff strike for Harrassing another player as a staff member (who should know better)

Simone will receive a staff strike for participating.

The staff team should not be involved in or condoning this kind of behavior, especially in OOC where many others can see.

Krimzin and Porche will receive a warn for Harassment in OOC.

Edited by Milton
Changed Viva's punishment
  • Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 17
  • Agree 3