Staff Application

BenTen

In-game name: BenTen
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): (STEAM_0:0:72115910)
Warns: None
Timezone: Central
Playtime?: 144:29:47
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] (-Yes-)
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] (-No-)
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]   King Noxii—Austinxd
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] (-Yes-)(Precision Gaming, it Got shut down)
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I started playing Garnet’s DarkRP server about a month ago, it has been the best decision I have made when playing Garrys Mod. Garnets DarkRP server shows a striving community who is constantly gaining new members, but relatively remains the same amount of staff. I hope with my application to become staff, I can help keep order, Joy, and help others explore the great experience of Garnet Gaming through DarkRP. 
        Keeping order, Joy, and helping others improve their gaming experience isn’t the main reason I want to become staff, it’s to strive to me like the staff members itself. So far I’ve met King Noxii, Austinxd, Lyndefish, Ashen, Capalot, Jesse N, Chase who themselves have made my Garnet experience worthwhile. If it wasn’t for them I probably would not be playing this server as much as I already do, but due to Garnets Community, Staff members, and joy it brings, I am determined to be among those who helped create this server great, and I too want the chance to help others enjoy their experience as much as everyone has made mine. 
        Dark Rp has always been one of my favorite game mode settings to play and enjoy, Garnet Gaming went above and beyond what’s expected of most servers. Most servers have people RDM’ing, Messing Around, and worst of all, making others  experience non-joyous. Garnets DarkRP server is not like that, in the slightest. Garnets DarkRP server is growing by the second and is being handled by the staff members perfectly, while RDM’ing still happens, which is inevitable to prevent, You guys do a phenomenal job reducing the cause of it and keeping everyone in the community happy. I believe I will be a great addition to the team, with me I come with a whole new perspective for the team, a new opinion, a new voice, I’m hardworking, determined, and above all I just want to help make Garnet the Best it can be.

Thank you for your time and thank you to all who read this.

- BenTen

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details (-No-)
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: This is my first application.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Average of 4-5 hours.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? -School-Track-Working Out-College Visits-Develop My Company 
Did you read the staff rules?: Yes, BenTen.

Edited by BenTen
Grammatical error
  • Agree 1

I've known you for probably a month now seeing you on the server everyday is awesome! I have never had one problem with you at all you're always friendly with everyone seeing you in game helping people out if they have any questions you are there to help them! Having you on the staff team would be great!

+1

I have based with BenTen a few times cause of Knoxx and Ben seems like  he knows the rules and I honestly don't think I've seen a sit on you all the times that you and I were on, I believe you would make a good addition to the staff team, so I going to +1 hopefully we'll see you on the team soon.

• Forums Moderator

Haven't met him too many times but the times I have met him they've been good. He's respectful in sits and just a all around cool guy! I'd love to see you on the staff team!
Good luck!

+1

Edited by eli_
fixing
  • Agree 1

I'm going to have to -1. Your application, while lengthy, is almost 90% filler. You use the word joy a lot (and capitalize it too, for some reason), but a staff's main goal is not to provide joy to players. It's to enforce the rules. At the very bottom of your paragraphs, you actually state what you will do to benefit the server, and it is quite basic information. The rest of the paragraphs are riddled with gramatical, punctuation, and general flow errors. Not only this, but when you were asked a genuine question, you responded with an answer that boggles my mind. You can contribute 4 to 5 seconds to the staffing position? Additionally, I would like to point something out that gets on my nerves. The people +1ing you simply say that you're a great guy, and that you don't break any rules. Some even say they've barely met you. However, I don't think this should factor in at ALL when accepting someone. Looking at other applications from when I applied, both on MRP and DRP, people were +1ed because they actively helped the community. It seems like you just base on the server and farm printers, with interactions with other players simply coming and going based on who you're in a party with. This isn't staff material. This is simply playing on our server. It seems like you are a good player, but I don't think you would be good staff. 

• Agree 2

I said 4-5 seconds as a joke..... my bad, and yeah I probably should have read what I said again to make sure all my spelling was correct and maybe shouldn’t have used the same words.

Thanks for your opinion, I will take it into consideration.

6 hours ago, BenTen said:

4-5 seconds

I understand you say this to jest, however you didn't even bother fixing it in your actual application, you need to edit your original post. If all you can contribute is 4-5 seconds then you're going to have a serious problem haha.

5 hours ago, eXg-Buddha said:

I'm going to have to -1. Your application, while lengthy, is almost 90% filler. You use the word joy a lot (and capitalize it too, for some reason), but a staff's main goal is not to provide joy to players. It's to enforce the rules. At the very bottom of your paragraphs, you actually state what you will do to benefit the server, and it is quite basic information. The rest of the paragraphs are riddled with gramatical, punctuation, and general flow errors. Not only this, but when you were asked a genuine question, you responded with an answer that boggles my mind. You can contribute 4 to 5 seconds to the staffing position? Additionally, I would like to point something out that gets on my nerves. The people +1ing you simply say that you're a great guy, and that you don't break any rules. Some even say they've barely met you. However, I don't think this should factor in at ALL when accepting someone. Looking at other applications from when I applied, both on MRP and DRP, people were +1ed because they actively helped the community. It seems like you just base on the server and farm printers, with interactions with other players simply coming and going based on who you're in a party with. This isn't staff material. This is simply playing on our server. It seems like you are a good player, but I don't think you would be good staff. 

I'm going to have to agree with every single point Buddha has made here. Especially about the part of the staff's +1's. However this isn't the place to complain about the such, I think, truly simply based off of this you are a great player, and I'm sure you're also a great person. However while these are attributes of many staff members it is not substantial in being a proper staff member.

Again, I feel a little rude saying this but I feel as though it is every other staff application. Proper grammar is not extremely difficult. You've had 18 years of experience, this should be enough to have a proper monographical staff application.

• Agree 1
On 3/18/2020 at 4:06 PM, BenTen said:

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] (-No-)

-1, along with what Buddha said your paragraphs don't really tell me much about how you can affect the staff team. Your first paragraph is just your story on how u joined darkrp and the staff you met? Your second paragraph is telling us about how we already handle the situation which is basically telling us that we don't really need you.
To all the people who made +1's because hes a "good person ingame" have you actually read the application? These are practically shitposts because the application really isn't that good.