DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Game master suggestion

Swigs2

Description: This suggestion is a very important matter for the entertainment of people on this server. As of right now, there is only one person that is able to do events, Phantom. As of late, there have been multiple complaints about boredom and overall lack of content. Currently there are three things you can do outside of events. Sims, Tryouts, and finally passive RP. Passive RP has seemed to be the most popular of these three. This can include medical checkups, recon missions, or patroling. I am suggesting that Phantom/Garnet opens up Game Master applications, so that there is more to do on the server. Today in particular was pretty boring, as there were no large scale events or even DBs. Game Masters would be able to spawn things like droids, weapons, and vehicles for event purposes. Game Masters have a lot of power on a RP server, so any and all abuse would lead to instant removal.

I am speaking for a large part of the community here by suggesting this. Many people were pretty bored today and that resulted in misbehavior and a sour attitude. All of this is exactly what a new server doesn’t need, and by adding something that is clearly meant for entertainment, this will improve our server greatly.

Edited by Swigs2
Tings retarded
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2

I know for a fact Game masters are in the making as of now but I heavily +1 getting GMs ASAP and can say for myself I would be one of the first people to apply as soon as the GM apps drop. Many people ask about events happening and I know there's a huge event planned for tomorrow but we just need more people to host them. I know for a fact that Jackal and Phantom (and no doubt many other people alongside them) have worked tirelessly to keep the SWRP server fun for everyone. But with the help of 4 or  5 people at once spearheading events to help the server maintain growth and population will be a tremendous success to the server. But as stated before this is already in the making. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut
10 hours ago, Swigs2 said:

I am speaking for a large part of the community here by suggesting this. Many people were pretty bored today and that resulted in misbehavior and a sour attitude. All of this is exactly what a new server doesn’t need, and by adding something that is clearly meant for entertainment, this will improve our server greatly.

Honestly, I think most players are far too entitled, and no server should have a large scale event hourly, but I did go ahead and set up Gamemaster applications so that we can host large-scale events on the event server. You can feel free to apply if you want to ease up the issue!

• Disagree 1