DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Bishopil - Gamemaster Application

Ziggy

In-game name: Bishopil, Colt
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:171244538
Warns: 0
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: | RANCOR CDR Colt has played for 53:48:05.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: [YES/NO]
Referral(s): Shrimps
Past experiences as a Game Master: Gamemaster on two different MRP servers and one SWRP one in the past. 

Why should we choose you over other applicants?:

I should be chosen over other applicants because of my ability to effectively roleplay and create realistic scenarios. I understand a lot about how roleplay works, which I've learned over the years from a lot of extensive RP games/servers such as SS13, FO:RP, and various MRP & SWRP servers. From what I can see, the SWRP community has a lot of work to do before players can be trusted to do passive RP themselves, and that's what I want to work towards. I am more than capable of setting up fun, yet realistic events. I want to be able to repetitively set up RP scenarios that teach the playerbase how to properly RP and remain in character. I have a ton of ideas that I will list below when prompted about events that carry a real "weight" to them. With most of my ideas, these events will have multiple options that can be played out, with different outcomes down each path. I did this very thing over on MRP, where I led operations myself that could result in a few different outcomes. I can easily translate this over to SWRP, which gives me a lot more to work with. 

As seen in recent times on both SWRP and MRP, I have the ability to create a lot of RP out of thin air. I was given the opportunity to RP as the station Admiral for quite a while, where I led passive RP "events" such as various inspections, scouting missions, and most recently, I coordinated with Phantom to set up a tense hostage rescue mission. I understand the roles of droids, event classes, and everything in between. For example, event characters aren't meant to wipe out Battalions of clones for "feeds". They're meant to lead an interesting and engaging event, which is what I can promise as a Gamemaster. I understand the concepts of powergaming and metagaming better than most and there's players to vouch for that. Finally, to reiterate, I believe I am more than qualified to lead story driven, fun, and realistic events for the SWRP community to enjoy. I want to help out the community as much as I can, which I've been attempting to do by becoming staff, leading RANCOR, and assisting where I can with events/passive RP. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I was community banned about a year ago, which I addressed in my staff application. 
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 6-8 hours a day

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: The responsibility of a Gamemaster is to keep the server engaged in RP with realistic and effective event planning. Gamemaster is a role that is trusted with being able to teach and create roleplay with what is available to them. To go further in depth, effective event planning means setting up events that make sense and keep all players engaged one way or another. Pertaining to SWRP, there can be exceptions if an event is meant to only be participated in by one battalion. Even so, all members in said battalion should have their role in the event. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would contribute to the Gamemaster team by proving true on the promises I made above. As an addition to this, I plan to lead a ton more passive RP scenarios on the side and in down times. I've already proven I can effectively do this, which I accomplished without any sort of Gamemaster rank. Given the additional resources that GM has available to them, I can create and do so much more. The single best way to contribute to RP as a part of the GM team is to listen to the GMs above me and coordinate flawless events in turn. I'll do my best to advise the GM team and ensure that events run smoothly and clear cut. 

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: My single most creative idea for contributing to the RP of the server has already been in practice. If you couldn't tell, I'm big on details outside of events. I want to increase the amount of available passive RP that players can do, which I've already begun to enact. I encouraged shrimps to post his Naval Law Handbook, I encouraged Slapdog to create the Medical Handbook, and as admiral for the short time I used that role, I encouraged COs to use and exercise these guides. Going back, as I mentioned earlier, I've done things like inspections, scouting operations, etc. I want to influence others to take initiative themselves and follow through with creating similar scenarios. 

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale:

Event 1 : FO:NV style assassination 

In this event, an admiral/deck officer/etc. will host some sort of gathering in the Main Hangar Bay. While this is happening, a Commando Droid attempts to sneak into the station and assume position in a tower to get an angle on the executive. Shock will patrol around the immediate area, as directed by the executive. Of course, the shock won't have knowledge that an attack is under way. In the midst of it all, a droid attack team is stationed outside, ready to assault the station if the Commando fails to complete their mission as a last hope of killing the offical. If the Commando Droid is successful, then the clones will fan out in search of the droid to attempt to capture/kill it and retrieve any information possible.

Event 2 LAAT Down

In this event, a battalion will board an LAAT and prepare to be dropped off in a specified location directed by Naval Command. Unfortunately, the LAAT is shot down, and the battalion is forced to hold position in a valley to prepare for an upcoming attack. The droids will send small scout teams to attempt to finish off any survivors. Meanwhile, the station gets report of this and sends 91st and a V-Wing to reveal their location. The V-Wing is forced to pull out due to an overwhelming threat of being downed. This keeps the location of the battalion hidden, which the clones will have to find themselves. The battalion is sandwiched between two patrols, with most of their resources and possibly some weaponry destroyed in the crash. 

Event 3 : Manufacturer 

In this event, an official is murdered by an assassin on station. The only clues that reveal who the attacker was is the bolt that was fired. Analysts on station must discover the type of foreign weapon that could fire something of that caliber, and trace down the arms dealer. The dealer is or isn't captured, interrogated, and forced to reveal the bounty hunter's name. Depending on the outcome, the clones must track this bounty hunter and have him captured or killed. 

Event 4 : Pilotttttssss

This event could only take place if the map was on the venator. In this event, the clones are on their way to a mission on one of the set event maps. Vulture droids and hostile space craft attempt to target the venator's shields. Pilot's deploy Delta's and Z-95 Headhunters to combat the droids. If the droids manage to take down the shields, they will attempt to board the venator and destroy it from the inside. 

Event 5 : Introduction to Anakin

In this event, 501st are deployed planet side along side 212th and Obi Wan Kenobi to assault an objective. Kenobi and the 212th are forced to retreat from their assault, meanwhile the 501st have actually taken their objective. Upon the retreat of the 212th, forces are redirected in taking back 501st's position. Anakin Skywalker is deployed to back the forces and make way for 212th to recalibrate and prepare their assault. Dooku and Grevious are hidden, but present. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Look I love the events and how they still don't drop out of the relm of possiblity but are still different than the normal they go to degoba fight some guy good guys win kind of deal you seem to know your stuff and I would love to be there when you host one of these events to see how they play out and event 5 I have never seen done in swrp  and would probably most like to see definitely +1 

Grand Daddy Stalin

I'd like to say I've known bishop for some time, and I feel like this is a great role for Bishop. He has great experiences in the past with a heavy RP based-environment (including other games, like Space Station 13) and a similar background with being a GM.  +1