Official, Stand-Alone Medic Battalion

Sirphantom

As of right now, almost every battalion on the server has it's own medic class (excluding, I believe, the RC? I may be wrong). I believe that the server would benefit tremendously with the addition of a stand-alone Medic Battalion. I have almost 4,000 hours in Gmod, most of which i've spent on a plethora of SWRP servers, almost exclusively maining medic. Im only mentioning this so that it doesnt seem like im just requesting something unnecessary with no basis. Anyways im just going to cut to the chase and list all the reasons i can think of as to why a stand-alone medic battalion would benefit the server.  A medic battalion would: 

- Draw more active players to the server, as many people like to main medic

- Introduce leadership to medics specifically, creating a greater sense of cohesion during events (right now its kinda incoherent, and medics run around healing whoever possible with no real instruction. Medic officers could assign medics to certain groups, and get the medics to group together when needed.) This would also allow for base battalion officers to not have to worry about both medics and riflemen, and just focus on getting their troops out to fight. 

- Allow for more riflemen, and other specializations in the base battalions. (In my own observations, ive seen that lots of people are choosing to main medic, reducing the number of people playing as riflemen, as well as the number of people playing other battalion-specific specializations i.e. Arsonists in the 104th)

- Allow for the use of the Med-Bay on base, or on a Venator map (if one is ever implemented on the server)  

- Increase PassiveRP after or during events

- Allow for easier, and more efficient promotion of people who main medic, as medic officers could observe their troops and promote on how well they keep other troops alive, rather than, say, a 501st officer having to watch both how well his troopers shoot, and how well they heal. This would just improve the efficacy of promotions IMO.

- (i wanted to reiterate this point) Create a greater sense of order and cohesion in the mostly chaotic nature of events. Officers instructing medics specifically where to go, and when would keep front-line troopers alive longer, and improve the efficiency of medics, allowing them to disperse health more effectively. 

I feel like there are reasons that i missed, but these are just the ones i could come up with off the top of my head. I feel like the server should constantly be evolving to prevent it from becoming boring, stagnant, or repetitive, and the dev team is doing a fantastic job at that so far. I understand that this request does not follow lore, but there are other aspects of the server which dont follow lore either, and there are many other popular servers which use this method as well (Icefuse, for example). I believe that this suggestion would genuinely improve the server, and create a more fun experience for the players. 

I am open to any and all feedback, and I can elaborate on any of the things i listed if needed. I'll also add any other upsides to the list if i can think of some, but i believe i hit all the points i wanted to. 

Thank you for reading my suggestion, and have a nice day!

So as a person who was a Standalone medic regiment officer i'm going to -1 this. Sure I love it when servers have their own standalone medical regiments but as of currently Garnet Gaming does not have the needed amount of people to make this happen. Standalone medical regiments really only work well with 80-90+ people constantly no matter what day. Another point I have to make is that as of currently tons of the medical staff we do have in regiments don't focus enough on RP. From what ive seen I have trouble watching some of the surgeries or even basic checkups some of these medics do. Also if an officer can't watch over his men fighting and seeing the medics in action theres an issue. It's not hard to watch over 7-9 guys at MAX at a time, and if that you would have 2-3 high ranking people all looking out for these guys. Again -1 to this as we don't have enough people, RP experience, and this has already been denied by the current Super Admin. -1

Edited by Gamma
59 minutes ago, chingchew said:

I've seen first hand how battalions like this work on other servers and to say the least, they always end up getting removed due to the lack of interest. Would be unnecessary as well. 

Ive been on 3 servers where Medical Standalones worked until the server itself died. But as of now this would be the case for Garnet. 

• Informative 1

-1 The main issue with this is ...
1) It would have to remove the medic class from every battalion, which as far as a know, every battalion needs to do tryouts for them and link Gamma's medical handbook which is linked here

2) It wouldn't work with the current server pop, in order for this to work in even the slightest degree, you're gonna have to constantly have 5-10 people in the battalion. 

3) Not enough people are gonna be interested with this faction, the reason we don't have too much medical RP, is because not too many people are interested in it. 

Nice idea in concept, but if it were to be executed, it wouldn't work out that well.