(NormalCat) - Moderator Application

In-game name: NormalCat

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:1:156838943

Warns: None

Timezone: CST

Playtime?:148:21:57

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] - Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] - Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Ajbedhead, GOG Gray, Michaelelliot

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] No

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I've played on Gmod for 375 hours now and of all that time I've spent 1/3 of it on GG. Staff was always something I've been interested in doing for some time. Also many times I was told I should be a moderator for the amount of times I help new players learn the rules about what to do and not to do. I also have some experience from when I owned a 16 player private server called GRIMRP. Also I try to keep calm in every situation and try to not be biased to certain people or groups. I respect everyone I talk to and work with and am never rude or toxic. I may not have as much experience as some applicants but I promise you I'll be dedicated and learn everything I have to learn to do the job. 

At 14 I got my CompTIA A+ certificate, something that some people only get either in college or when applying for a job needing the requirement. I’ve also gotten my Eagle scout which took 8 years of dedication to acquire. What I’m trying to say is anything I have an interest in I keep dedication and try to pursue it in the best way I can. So that would be the same for staff and playing on GG and trying to be as helpful and active as I can be. Lastly I’ll ask for help when needed and if I am doing something wrong I’ll try everything to fix it and learn from the mistake.

I have Plenty of free time at the minute to play and to help the community of GG. I also used to be admin on a old server called Kilda's 2x (RIP) in rust It may be quiet different from Gmod but it still has experience as a staff and responsibility. Secondly I've had a clean slate when it comes to bans or even being jailed or warned. Which I believe is important when being the one justifying them and evaluating whether or not to give someone a ban or warn. Now at last to sum it up the reason I believe I should be staff is I have knowledge and dedication. Also I have had some experience being staff and an owner of server. Where I also stay attentive and calm in every situation.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details - I have never been banned or punished on any server

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I Have not applied previously 

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:6-8 hours a day and more during the weekend

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I'm a Eagle scout and also part of a TV productions group

Did you read the staff rules?: NormalCat

Thank you to everyone who gave there opinion and criticism on my app and thank you ❤️

Edited by NormalCat
Applying Finishing Touches
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2
55 minutes ago, NormalCat said:

and am never biased to certain people or groups

Now this wont affect my decision but everyone has bias even if you don't notice it, you do.

I do recommend putting a little more meat to that second paragraph but otherwise it's gonna be a +1 from me. I've seen you in game before and never had a toxic/bad encounter with you, Good luck!

I'll be honest that app was hard to read not because it was bad but because of text size and contrasting colors but over all I have had no bad interactions with you and you seem pretty mature. When I do have interactions with you they are fun. +1 I hope to see you accepted.