SoftDrugs Ban Appeal

Scr9b

In-game name: SoftDrugs
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_1:1:230343551
Staff members in-game name: I believe it was Spilq I'm not too sure as it just shows the time left on the ban, and no staff member ID
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): Couldn't find the Steam ID 😕
Date & Time of incident: May 14th, about 2 in the afternoon, MDT
Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time
Ban Reason: MassRDM
How long were you banned for?: 2 weeks
Proof of Ban: https://gyazo.com/7b950debd437dca3f5ac04e225c90d1f
What happened? (include any proof): There were 4 people in a group on the street, two of them were admin, I didn't catch the name of the 3rd person, but the first two people were TheDudeAbides and I think it was Melikefood. I had decided to throw a frag grenade in the center of the group (I adverted raid and then adverted over after although it didn't help whatsoever.) About 2 minutes after I had merked  3 out of the 4 people I was banned for Mass RDM.
Why should your ban be removed?: I've been playing on Garnet for years, since about 2017. I'm smart enough to not kill random people without reason, but the thing is these people weren't random to me. I've known Abides since I started playing, and I knew  3/4 of the people in the group killed, and they've been cool people, I certainly wasn't expecting to recieve a ban for mass rdm when I was simply trying to be funny, throwing a grenade in a group of people I KNEW. People RDM eachother all the time on garnet, and as long as no feelings are hurt or perks are lost, there should be no other reason I was banned for Rdming 'people' I'd consider friends on the server. 

Thanks for your time,

Edited by Scr9b
typo lol
8 minutes ago, ThetaKek said:

-1 Consensual rdm is still rdm no matter what, you admit to mass in your appeal so there is no reason for you to be unbanned.

I'm pretty sure I was banned without a report being in place, if a report were in place, the admin should have asked the people involved in the situation before banning me. I'm not someone with 2 mins on the server going around the server blasting people without reason. If I'd have known the consequences of me grenading 2 of my friends and 2 randoms would be this severe, I wouldn't have done it period.

1 minute ago, Scr9b said:

I'm pretty sure I was banned without a report being in place, if a report were in place, the admin should have asked the people involved in the situation before banning me. I'm not someone with 2 mins on the server going around the server blasting people without reason. If I'd have known the consequences of me grenading 2 of my friends and 2 randoms would be this severe, I wouldn't have done it period.

Ur pretty much just explaining to me that you never really read the rules my guy.

13 minutes ago, Scr9b said:

I knew  3/4 of the people in the group killed

Just now, Scr9b said:

of me grenading 2 of my friends and 2 randoms

Sounds like you're losing friends.

This is exactly why consensual rdm is a controversial rule, by killing two friends and two randoms you're still rdming two random people. 

I have no more reason to respond to this post as I'm not involved but I thought I would point out your fault in this.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, ThetaKek said:

Ur pretty much just explaining to me that you never really read the rules my guy.

Literally the minute I was unperma-banned I hopped on garnet and I read the rules top to bottom just to prevent another future ban, you can't convince me I have no knowledge regarding server rules.

Edited by Scr9b
1 minute ago, Scr9b said:

Literally the minute I was unperma-banned I hopped on garnet and I read the rules top to bottom just to prevent another future ban, you can't convince me I have no knowledge regarding server rules.

7 minutes ago, Scr9b said:

If I'd have known the consequences of me grenading 2 of my friends and 2 randoms would be this severe, I wouldn't have done it period.

Last post, gonna let  a higher up accept/deny this

Edited by ThetaKek
I cant english worth shit bruh
10 minutes ago, Toucan said:

Sounds like you're losing friends.

This is exactly why consensual rdm is a controversial rule, by killing two friends and two randoms you're still rdming two random people. 

I have no more reason to respond to this post as I'm not involved but I thought I would point out your fault in this.

See killing only 2 people would have resulted in a warn, not a 2 week ban, thats why I created this appeal. I wouldn't be trying to appeal if I knew I was completely in the wrong, but as I said I doubt the staff member that banned me actually looked into the situation and got opinions from those involved.

12 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

-1 This is why we shouldn't give idiots like you a grenade. It's common sense buddy.

if I were an idiot I wouldn't be trying to appeal this ban. i have no clue where in the rules consensual rdm is forbidden, because like half of the group rdms back and fourth with me for fun. Sometimes there isn't much to do on garnet and if someone allows you to kill them and they kill you consensually, idk how I can be banned for it.

Edited by Scr9b
bad grammar oops
4 minutes ago, Scr9b said:

if I were an idiot I wouldn't be trying to appeal this ban. i have no clue where in the rules consensual rdm is forbidden, because like half of the group rdms back and fourth with me for fun. Sometimes there isn't much to do on garnet and if someone allows you to kill them and they kill you consensually, idk how I can be banned for it.

The funny part is you don't even know if they wanted you to kill them You just randomly threw a grenade there thinking this. honestly you sound like a person that would throw a nerve gas and spawn just to kill your friend One person.  One of the major rules is use common sense. 

Huge -1  there's a place if you're going to have fun with your friends It's clear that you chose the wrong place. Like when me and Gates are on the server  we always make sure that  when we are killing each other that we're we're not hitting others It's clear you didn't even think of this. 

(To be a smart ass consent rdm Is kind of allowed Just don't report like when me and Gates are killing each other we never report each other for it)

12 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

The funny part is you don't even know if they wanted you to kill them You just randomly threw a grenade there thinking this. honestly you sound like a person that would throw a nerve gas and spawn just to kill your friend One person.  One of the major rules is use common sense. 

Huge -1  there's a place if you're going to have fun with your friends It's clear that you chose the wrong place. Like when me and Gates are on the server  we always make sure that  when we are killing each other that we're we're not hitting others It's clear you didn't even think of this. 

(To be a smart ass consent rdm Is kind of allowed Just don't report like when me and Gates are killing each other we never report each other for it)

You obviously don't understand that I wasn't even reported, I was banned completely by the will of an admin, who put zero effort into looking around in the situation lol. I wasn't even at a sit roof when I got banned, I didn't even get to tell my part of the story. I was banned compulsively literally on the spot, and even I know when a new player is reported, they have the opportunity to set things straight and tell their bit of what happened. Very poor admin management, I bet you can even admit.

Edited by Scr9b
  • Cringe 1
  • Disagree 2
10 minutes ago, Spilq2 said:

so you blatantly mass rdmed while at least 4 staff members were present. I'm not sure why you thought this was a good idea, the sad thing is that you adverted raid so you would get out of the ban but its too bad I was recording.

https://streamable.com/gr5x46 btw I didn't walk into the grenade on purpose lmao

Did you even bother to bring me to a sit roof? Thats how usually all sits work unless they are dealt with on the ground. This wasn't dealt with whatsoever, I was just blatantly banned.

1 hour ago, Scr9b said:

you can't convince me I have no knowledge regarding server rules.

but you massed lmao

In all seriousness, consensual rdm is indeed still rdm. Even if your mass was unintentional, it's still a mass. Just wait out the two week ban, it's not the end of the world. When/if  you come back, you'll have a much better knowledge of the rules and know what not to do.

• Winner 1