Changes to 3rd Person

Ozzy

4 hours ago, Clarksp said:

I have never played MRP, but I would assume there are different jobs within each team. In IRL, there are under door cameras that are used to see under doors or around corners before actually peaking. If it is possible to code it so only certain classes can use third person, I think it would be cool if there was a certain job that specialized in that "camera" and was able to use third person to peak corners and give callouts to the rest of  their team. 

Ha - it’s garnet, if you aren’t quickscoping or crouch jump spamming then you aren’t in need of 3rd person.

id say +1 out of these options because way too many people complain about it, despite my own preference being the old 3rd person  (out of nostalgia) but yeah in short +1 too much complaining 

6 hours ago, DiegoZavier said:

To my knowledge, even if third person was removed/disabled there are still ways to force your game to go in third person (Its a very easy console bind). Because of this I don't think it should be disabled as enforcing this would be very hard/controversial. -1

If you can (privately) share this method with Garnet that would be appreciated - but as far as I know it isn't possible without external Lua, at which point they're already considered cheating.

--

Actually, I can think of a method to bypass it but it requires third-party software - not able to patch it, unfortunately.

+1 to full removal.

It has no place in war as it only serves to frustrate people. I also don't want it in peacetime because of RP events. It is not supposed to be used during them but extremely hard to enforce.

21 hours ago, DiegoZavier said:

ways to force your game to go in third person

On 5/9/2020 at 5:44 PM, JimTrash said:
  • Hacking/Cheating

Punishment: Permanent ban

Literally would be easier to catch than people using blatant esp. You would see them corner peaking and playing just how third person is right now.

• Agree 3
On 6/5/2020 at 6:22 PM, DiegoZavier said:

To my knowledge, even if third person was removed/disabled there are still ways to force your game to go in third person (Its a very easy console bind). Because of this I don't think it should be disabled as enforcing this would be very hard/controversial. -1

I have fun with just switching to third person every so often on dark RP, and honestly, I just find it fun. Also for these reasons, I'm gonna -1  this.
Maybe remove it from MRP, and servers like that, but not Dark RP. Dark RP isn't supposed to be as serious as some of the other servers. I completely understand why MRP for instance should have 3rd person removed, but I think it's just a fun addition to Dark RP.

Edited by ZeroTheThirdIII
  • Cringe 1
10 minutes ago, ZeroTheThirdIII said:

I have fun with just switching to third person every so often on dark RP, and honestly, I just find it fun. Also for these reasons, I'm gonna -1  this.
Maybe remove it from MRP, and servers like that, but not Dark RP. Dark RP isn't supposed to be as serious as some of the other servers. I completely understand why MRP for instance should have 3rd person removed, but I think it's just a fun addition to Dark RP.

0c0c59b343e685087412f0d878f812d0.png
This is an MRP suggestion, Not a DarkRP suggestion

I still enjoy playing the peacetime in 3rd person... But if its war then it can be removed, players during war uses it for non immersive times in war. 

Edited by Dexx