Death Locations In Logs

Before I explain: I understand this would be hard to implement, and might not be worth it in some people's eyes, but it would definitely help deal with sits in which people don't have a video. This could solve a lot of problems, which I will go into two scenarios later.
What I propose: What if we were to add a button within the logs of some sort, that allows you to teleport to where somebody died. It could also be in the selection menu like where you could get a attackers steam ID or whatever. By clicking this, this would teleport you to the exact spot where somebody was killed. When you wait long enough on the death screen, despite where your corpse moves, eventually your corpse disappears, and it teleports your camera back to where you originally actually died. As such, I do believe it might be possible to use the locator that garry's mod already has to pinpoint a area where somebody died. Now I have no idea about how technical this would get, so please call out what I got here wrong if I did. I've never developed addons for Gmod, or anything like that, so this could be a long shot. 
Some situations it could help in: NLR sits, so theres more proof as to where they died. (Sometimes I get sits where people expect people to be punished just because they killed them multiple times, which is not enough proof for a definitive sit.) and RDM sits, (Some people claim to be on the streets, while others claim they are in their base when they died, etc.)
I honestly have no idea if this is even possible, but I imagine there is some way to do this.
Edit: I dont know how stupid this might sound, I just had this idea randomly, and thought I might bring it to the table. 🙂

Edited by ZeroTheThirdIII
  • Forums Moderator

This would be a good thing to add yes but, heres the bad news:

Was already suggested. And as Buddha said in this suggestion, there is no way to do it with D3A. ULX has a way to do this I believe but obviously we don't use ULX.

-1 Isn't Possible.

1 minute ago, eli_ said:

This would be a good thing to add yes but, heres the bad news:

Was already suggested. And as Buddha said in this suggestion, there is no way to do it with D3A. ULX has a way to do this I believe but obviously we don't use ULX.

-1 Isn't Possible.

I doubt this would be possible then, but what if we were to use another separate logging for it? Like have a separate logging software specifically for this. Again, this is a long shot, but now I'm just curious as to if that would work.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:06 PM, ZeroTheThirdIII said:

I doubt this would be possible then, but what if we were to use another separate logging for it? Like have a separate logging software specifically for this. Again, this is a long shot, but now I'm just curious as to if that would work.

I highly doubt garnet would implement this if he would've been able to I trust that he would have.

Edited by DepressionBird

+1 BY A MILLION There are some Mods that allow this stuff and i've seen them before in videos,  and with the server and a bunch of people not recording or don have those software this will definitely Increase the flexibility of staffs ability to punish and or resolve something that would normally require a clip ETC i think its much Needed.  Also fuck my punctuation's..... As a staff of the Dark Rp server this will improve our understandings of situations.

Just now, Voidy said:

+1 BY A MILLION There are some Mods that allow this stuff and i've seen them before in videos,  and with the server and a bunch of people not recording or don have those software this will definitely Increase the flexibility of staffs ability to punish and or resolve something that would normally require a clip ETC i think its much Needed.  Also fuck my punctuation's..... As a staff of the Dark Rp server this will improve our understandings of situations.

I agree it would be absolutely epic. But seeing how all three previous attempts at getting this implemented has failed. I have little to no faith in this one.

Just now, DepressionBird said:

I agree it would be absolutely epic. But seeing how all three previous attempts at getting this implemented has failed. I have little to no faith in this one.

i can see where you going this type of thing to be implemented is hard i could understand if it doesn't get implemented but still would try help get it implemented yanno

Wait, really? D3A is so brokenly non-compatible with ANYTHING that you can't make a script to output x,y,z whenever a player gets killed? I find that hard to believe. I'd look into this further but with how little D3A can be messed with outside of owning a license, I wouldn't get far.

Edit: said fuck it, sent message to StonedPenguin (creator of D3A[i think]), will see if I can get a testing environment to maybe dabble in the code/features of the mod to get a full extent of what's possible/impossible.

Edited by Dan Gardner
  • 3 weeks later...

I recall talking to you about this shin and I completely agree. It is too easy to put a kos on a random building and kill someone saying "he was past my kos" even if the person took a screenshot of where they died if it was close to the base the person can just say I blasted him out of the door. Expectantly with the DB, Dlore, and the new Dragon. +1

• 4 weeks later...