Scripted Terminals - A Way to hide intel and encourage thorough searching

Homast

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

Alrighty, So, Suggestion 2, What is it this time?
Well, It's a computer terminal with hard disks that can be hidden around the map, Pretty nifty right?
What's better, you can write onto these disks, to create a more solid narrative rather than just saying "Oh you guys went in there, and you found intel" now you'll actually have to do it.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

Well, a Problem with some events that Shrimps ran, and by no means is it his fault, was that some people had no inclination to take things slowly, or scout out the map.
This addon will add a depth of RP to the server, by giving intel, and and actual storyline to follow through the finding of these logs..
They won't be required per se, but for the end user experience, they will be quite nice.
It's also nice to be able to put story to your actions through something you can read, instead of people just saying "Yeah uhh.... GM man said this is why we're doing this"

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]
There are 2 versions of this addon, 1 is more updated, with a no cap to disk sizes, And one with 3 different disks, a 200 character one, 400 characters, and 800 characters.
Uncapped one is a bit larger,

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=800646659&searchtext=Scripted+Terminal  3 different disks, 2.6662 MB
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1187927646&searchtext=Scripted+Terminal Uncapped character limit, 6.143 MB.

Essentially the same Addons, but the larger one is more updated, with better functionality

Edited by Homast
  • Like 3
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Same addon as the one we have and that I plan to use in my event right?

I like this idea. iirc, D Rose had mentioned something of a similar nature to have in each countries base for the opposition to try and steal. Using the addon, it’s really intuitive and would be a good deal of rp to the server. Holding the disks with E could be annoying but definitely manageable.

Just now, 0zzy said:

Same addon as the one we have and that I plan to use in my event right?

1st one is the exact same, second one just removes the character limit.
but yes.

1 minute ago, 0zzy said:

Holding the disks with E could be annoying but definitely manageable.

Something we could do to remedy that, is re-introduce pockets, To be able to pocket the Disks would also introduce a potential problem that would amount to "Who's holding the disk, who do we shoot?"
And to that I'd say, we could also make it so that You're allowed to shoot anyone in the raiding party to attempt to get intel back.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
2 minutes ago, Homast said:

And to that I'd say, we could also make it so that You're allowed to shoot anyone in the raiding party to attempt to get intel back.

“Intel Raids” could have a player cap like old Mission Raids. Say 5, which would make sense as you wouldn’t send a large group to steal intel usually. The KOS rules could follow the Mission KOS rules to a T.

Re-adding pockets seems like a good fix unless there’s a busted mechanic or easy minge act with em.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 1 month later...
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion is Pending

The addon is really well made and has strong practical uses the server could take advantage of. The worry that was expressed was how long the messages take to decrypt. Your homework is to see if there is a way to speed up the decryption so players aren’t left waiting 5 minutes for 2 paragraphs to reveal themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines