Have a command to cancel HITS when a hitman/assassin

Description: Hello, Canela here. From all my time I’ve played on this server, being a hitman/assassin is without a doubt my favorite job. Whenever I hop on ( for those who see me online daily), I’m always the assassin. But what frustrates me the most is when I accept a hit on a person and they are in a position where I can not fulfill my job. Let me dive further into this. Whenever I begin my job as an assassin, I buy a fair amount of perks which helps me with my duty and that amount slowly adds up whenever I die and rebuy. Now suppose I accept a hit on someone and track them down using the finder and realize that they are inside the spawn area and not moving, the logical thing to do is to wait and see if they begin to step away from spawn within a certain time frame before the hit expires and get the job done. But if they’re not moving, you can not kill them because it’s a safe point where no damage can be inflicted. Or suppose you have a hit on an admin that has God mode enabled and takes no damage, then what? The waiting game is not for everyone so it can be a real pain. But what if you’re getting more hit requests during that time that offers more money than the one you already accepted? Often I would just type “kill” in console to cancel the hit I had have but by doing so ,it gets rid of all my perks and I would have to buy it again. There should be a command where you can “cancel” the hit you currently have and pick another one but by “canceling” the hit, you are just putting it back on the hit list for another hitman/assassin to accept if the issue resolves itself when doing a different hit. 

During quarantine I had to make some extra money to help pay off some loans since I am still attending college and paying it off would benefit me in the long run so for about 2 months I became a DoorDash driver. The way the app works is that you wait at a certain spot and the app gives you an order and tells you how much you are getting. That part isnt important but what matters is that whenever it gives you an alert to pick up an order, it gives you a time frame to accept (like 60 seconds) and let’s say you can’t do that order for “said” reason, you can just decline it. But by declining it, you are obviously not canceling the customers order ( that’s ridiculous), the order would just go back in the Doordash app map and wait for another driver to accept it. Do you see where I’m getting at? That same system should be implemented on the server with a basic command such as “cancelhit” and it would save future headaches. And let’s say no one accepts a hit order within a certain time frame (like 10 minutes), the person who ordered the hit gets their money back. 

Reasoning: This request is very small and simple but it would work wonders for future potential assassins and hitmen. I know I have a fair amount of money so affording perks is not my main concern but for those who are new to the server and start out with a low amount of cash, the perk expenses can suck them dry (literally xD) so it saves futures headaches. Canceling a hit would work better for the sever and it would honestly be less annoying than typing “kill” in console and just doing all the annoying steps. And the situation can be different other than the target being at spawn, they could be in a well guarded base you can’t get into so why risk your life. Instead of going in, knowing you stand no chance, just cancel the hit and perhaps give it to someone who is a bit more experienced or is more aware on what they are doing and plans on how to execute. Not to forget the part where customers get their money back if no one accepts their hit request. let hear your thoughts, it’s my first post so I’m hoping it lands on the right section xD. 
- Canela <3

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]
  • Agree 2

Description:

Hello, Canela here. From all my time I’ve played on this server, being a hitman/assassin is without a doubt my favorite job. Whenever I hop on ( for those who see me online daily), I’m always the assassin. But what frustrates me the most is when I accept a hit on a person and they are in a position where I can not fulfill my job. Let me dive further into this. Whenever I begin my job as an assassin, I buy a fair amount of perks which helps me with my duty and that amount slowly adds up whenever I die and rebuy. Now suppose I accept a hit on someone and track them down using the finder and realize that they are inside the spawn area and not moving, the logical thing to do is to wait and see if they begin to step away from spawn within a certain time frame before the hit expires and get the job done. But if they’re not moving, you can not kill them because it’s a safe point where no damage can be inflicted. Or suppose you have a hit on an admin that has God mode enabled and takes no damage, then what? The waiting game is not for everyone so it can be a real pain. But what if you’re getting more hit requests during that time that offers more money than the one you already accepted? Often I would just type “kill” in console to cancel the hit I had have but by doing so ,it gets rid of all my perks and I would have to buy it again. There should be a command where you can “cancel” the hit you currently have and pick another one but by “canceling” the hit, you are just putting it back on the hit list for another hitman/assassin to accept if the issue resolves itself when doing a different hit. 

During quarantine I had to make some extra money to help pay off some loans since I am still attending college and paying it off would benefit me in the long run so for about 2 months I became a DoorDash driver. The way the app works is that you wait at a certain spot and the app gives you an order and tells you how much you are getting. That part isnt important but what matters is that whenever it gives you an alert to pick up an order, it gives you a time frame to accept (like 60 seconds) and let’s say you can’t do that order for “said” reason, you can just decline it. But by declining it, you are obviously not canceling the customers order ( that’s ridiculous), the order would just go back in the Doordash app map and wait for another driver to accept it. Do you see where I’m getting at? That same system should be implemented on the server with a basic command such as “cancelhit” and it would save future headaches. And let’s say no one accepts a hit order within a certain time frame (like 10 minutes), the person who ordered the hit gets their money back. 

Reasoning:

This request is very small and simple but it would work wonders for future potential assassins and hitmen. I know I have a fair amount of money so affording perks is not my main concern but for those who are new to the server and start out with a low amount of cash, the perk expenses can suck them dry (literally xD) so it saves futures headaches. Canceling a hit would work better for the sever and it would honestly be less annoying than typing “kill” in console and just doing all the annoying steps. And the situation can be different other than the target being at spawn, they could be in a well guarded base you can’t get into so why risk your life. Instead of going in, knowing you stand no chance, just cancel the hit and perhaps give it to someone who is a bit more experienced or is more aware on what they are doing and plans on how to execute. Not to forget the part where customers get their money back if no one accepts their hit request. let hear your thoughts, it’s my first post so I’m hoping it lands on the right section xD. 
- Canela ❤️

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

(I just gave your post a better format) Its hard to read the way you've set it up. 

Edited by DiegoZavier
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2
56 minutes ago, xFish said:

+1 Your reasoning seems perfectly logical to me, and I've noticed this problem before in fact its usually the reason I don't play hitman anymore.

Thank you ❤️  but yes I tried to make it easy to understand and I don’t think many people have thought of this. Like I said before, paying for the perks is not a problem for me but for those who start out low, it would Save them money big time ! 

if a command is really possible , it would be cool!

The ability to cancel a hit is debatable for me. But ima choose +1 because I've had the same incident where I get a afk player in spawn. The bad thing about this is that a hitman could cancel a hit just because they dont want to raid or the player has maxed out perks.

If the hitman does not feel comfortable about completing the hit, the hit can just go back to the hit list and wait for another hitman/assassin to accept. Or if you’re the only hitman, after 10 minutes have passed, the one who ordered it would get their money back so It wouldn’t be a waste and there would be an alert of a refund. 

+1 I've been in the situation where you're a hitman and you get a hit but don't realize that the hit target is in a 30 person VIP base guarded at every angle by staff on duties and you know that you have absolutely no chances of getting into it, but you can't reject it and move on. 

I'd love to see this added! Good suggestion!

17 minutes ago, Kazdra | Beast said:

+1, hitman/assassin should have a command to cancel the hit like !hitcancel or something along the lines of that.  I've just been typing "kill" in console whenever I get a hit that's not achievable.

Exactly. Like what most people said here, it’s such a burden killing yourself in console and losing all your perks. It matters most if someone is low on money and cannot afford to die at all.

Guest proggy

Garnet Gaming

Accepted

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.