DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

remove pvp requirements for tryouts

Lorahart

Description: pvp is good for training not tryouts

Reasoning: pvp is a stupid req for tryouts on a server where pvp rarely happens if i wanna play for pvp ill just go to mrp but seeing as how the 41st especially require pvp just to get the first class i feel that its clearly a unfair system that ruins the fun of the bat i understand for things like arc and rc because they are special bats but 41st clearly has more to do with scouting than with pvp especially when the pvp involves snipers it gets stupidly boring unfair and overall just makes me mad the fact that i can get through 99% of it just fine but fail at one part and just dont get the class

Additional Information:i have talked with thomas about this hes a experienced with doing tryouts on other servers and agrees with me

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 1

So pvp really isnt supposed to be a part of main battalion entry tryouts as far as ive known but other tryouts are up to the discretion of the leader, that being said i wouldn't eliminate pvp from tryouts completely. Entry tryouts should consist of formation training , rank training,etc.

28 minutes ago, Zachman said:

plus its more so to make sure they can actually aim and aren't letting someone in based just off questions 

Actually that’s the complete opposite, entry tryouts are supposed to be almost un-failable, and contain no pvp, while tryouts such as the Sub-Batts usually have multiple Sims. I had something in my 212th tryout where you’d just trace someone with bullets, and then I’d do trigger discipline but I cut that out cause it was in my eyes a little difficult if you just started playing gmod