DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Staff Application/ Mod

tanhk

In-game name: Tanhk FUBAR(new name) TY FUBAR (old name)
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:124105070
Warns: 1 as of now. Reason-FAILRP
Timezone: PST
Playtime?: | Tanhk FUBAR has played for 159:05:48.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] 

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]:

I should be chosen to be apart of staff because I've dedicated a lot and spent my hours on Garnet Gaming DarkRP. I have very much knowledge of this server and applied to the rules throughout my time on this server ever since. People can always rely on me anywhere and anytime. I've been wanting  to shoot my shot on becoming a staff member on this server. Every mistake made from me will be countered and fixed. I can also learn very fast and will learn more as a staff member. I'm a player who will and always treat a player with respect. I can adapt to what the administrators do, even with their strategies. I am a person who can very deliberate and honest towards players.

I'll always be respectful to anyone of the players I'm with even if they are toxic and or delirious. I am very well knowledged on how to handle players who are being toxic. I'm a pretty chill player when it comes to a person talking or me talking to them. If no admins are on and reports are being made I'll be the one who will and always accept them even at night. I'll dedicate even more if I had the chance to. I will try my best to not be bias around anyone. Any decisions that I make will be very and carefully decided always. My aid to this server will always be there. I'll be very deliberate during sits. I'll be very liable to anybody I meet or talk to. I'm a person who loves to meet new people and or returning players that I've never seen or talked to. I want to make this server a fun place for new players or basically anyone! If any rules are broken by anyone and doesn't get noticed I'll always be there to fix the problem. I'll always be fair during a sit with players. I know that I can make this community safe to anybody. I really enjoy my time being here and hope that my paragraphs help me have a even more better chance as a candidate for staff.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: only been jailed a few times and a warn.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes I have, probably around 3-4 days ago.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Probably 6-8 hours.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Sleeping and or basketball.

Did you read the staff rules?: Tanhk FUBAR

Edited by nobutno
Improving Paragraphs
10 hours ago, nobutno said:

I'll most likely be chill around new and returning players, also to players I've known if they respect me and or I respect them.

Aside from all the grammatical issues with your paragraphs, this really stood out to me. Does this mean you will give leeway towards people who are in your clan? Because looking back on your previous application you stated one of the reasons you applied was to benefit them. It’s kind of conflicting when you say you won’t be biased despite saying that statement. I’ll wait for you to respond before I give you my +/-  

Neutral

50 minutes ago, WreckEMsaints said:

Aside from all the grammatical issues with your paragraphs, this really stood out to me. Does this mean you will give leeway towards people who are in your clan? Because looking back on your previous application you stated one of the reasons you applied was to benefit them. It’s kind of conflicting when you say you won’t be biased despite saying that statement. I’ll wait for you to respond before I give you my +/-  

This also had me scratching my head. It seems like there may or may not be some bias towards players he knows / "respects" which i think isn't a good motto for staff to have. We as staff have to stay non bias to all players even if you know the person like the back of your hand. We try to keep the community fair and non chaotic and having staff that are bias towards only make it more chaotic.

11 hours ago, nobutno said:

In-game name: Tanhk FUBAR(new name) TY FUBAR (old name)

Whats up with the name change? I mean i get changing your name for fun im just curious.

11 hours ago, nobutno said:

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes I have, probably around 3-4 days ago.

Seems a bit rushed to me

i think aside from the smaller details the staff app was fine maybe work a bit on the paragraphs because to me they felt lack luster. The paragraphs didn't really stand out to me and tell me why you would be a good fit / better from the next candidate. Good luck tho homie. 

4 hours ago, WreckEMsaints said:

My paragraphs and everything was rushed do to my lack of finishing homework, I will start fixing my paragraphs right now.

3 hours ago, BeMinxX said:

Neutral

This also had me scratching my head. It seems like there may or may not be some bias towards players he knows / "respects" which i think isn't a good motto for staff to have. We as staff have to stay non bias to all players even if you know the person like the back of your hand. We try to keep the community fair and non chaotic and having staff that are bias towards only make it more chaotic.

Whats up with the name change? I mean i get changing your name for fun im just curious.

Seems a bit rushed to me

i think aside from the smaller details the staff app was fine maybe work a bit on the paragraphs because to me they felt lack luster. The paragraphs didn't really stand out to me and tell me why you would be a good fit / better from the next candidate. Good luck tho homie. 

Once I got the decision of a Admin+ they told me to reapply in 72 hours.

I want you to succeed just like anyone else man, don’t get me wrong. I just really need to know where your heart is in all this. Give me no reason to doubt your potential should you become staff. Reason why I stepped away from being staff was because my heart wasn’t fully in it so I didn’t want to drag the community down. So many staff members come and go and what we need is someone who can fully devote their time to making this server succeed. I used to be a recruiter in the real world so that’s why I’m so harsh on these staff apps because I know only the best will be good enough in my mind. 

• Agree 2
7 minutes ago, WreckEMsaints said:

I want you to succeed just like anyone else man, don’t get me wrong. I just really need to know where your heart is in all this. Give me no reason to doubt your potential should you become staff. Reason why I stepped away from being staff was because my heart wasn’t fully in it so I didn’t want to drag the community down. So many staff members come and go and what we need is someone who can fully devote their time to making this server succeed. I used to be a recruiter in the real world so that’s why I’m so harsh on these staff apps because I know only the best will be good enough in my mind. 

To be honest here Mr. Wreck I've been waiting to become a staff member for so long I even practiced while I waited on writing new and improved paragraphs during these 72 hours. I do have a heart, I rarely show it. I just want to become a staff member just to help and improve the community since bad players have annoyed and harrassed me, even bully me on this server. I was even quiet about because I knew that no one wouldn't give a shit about me. People just think differently about me all the time, and always a second option.

Just now, nobutno said:

To be honest here Mr. Wreck I've been waiting to become a staff member for so long I even practiced while I waited on writing new and improved paragraphs during these 72 hours. I do have a heart, I rarely show it. I just want to become a staff member just to help and improve the community since bad players have annoyed and harrassed me, even bully me on this server. I was even quiet about because I knew that no one wouldn't give a shit about me. People just think differently about me all the time, and always a second option.

Continued... Not trying to be a emotional person but I've been cyberbullied so much I almost killed myself, I just don't want this to happen to other players. Even if I don't succeed I'll always try and try to become a member.

27 minutes ago, nobutno said:

Continued... Not trying to be a emotional person but I've been cyberbullied so much I almost killed myself, I just don't want this to happen to other players. Even if I don't succeed I'll always try and try to become a member.

if you react that harshly to cyber bullying, you definitely should reconsider being staff. people can be really mean.

2 minutes ago, jorts said:

if you react that harshly to cyber bullying, you definitely should reconsider being staff. people can be really mean.

Doesn't matter, don't care anymore about anything about myself, just trying to become a staff, been trying to become one.

i dont have much say in this, but jorts is right, there is a lot of people who will join the server just to publicly shame everyone. I've experienced it alot in my time of playing. so i really recommend you rethink being staff if what you said is true, and i mean this from the bottom of my heart...ive lost too many friends to cyber bullying.

1 hour ago, nobutno said:

My paragraphs and everything was rushed do to my lack of finishing homework, I will start fixing my paragraphs right now.

I feel like school work should come before a video game.

1 hour ago, nobutno said:

I get the whole wanting to become staff to help players and prevent bullying but at the same time wanting to kill yourself over it is a bit much especially for a video game where you go in knowing there are going to be bullies who want to harass you. I like that your goal is to make the community better for all players so they don't get harassed but i just feel like maybe you aren't ready for a position of power is this is your attitude towards it. Everyone should keep a calm and level head about everything and i feel like if something sets you off you might go on a rampage.

38 minutes ago, nobutno said:

Doesn't matter, don't care anymore about anything about myself, just trying to become a staff, been trying to become one.

I have been in and helped people in this position and avoiding the problem only prolongs how long it will affect you. You should focus on being happy before you try to become staff because being staff we all get harassed constantly and you in this state will only make it worse for your condition. i get the whole wanting to focus on helping other people but right now is not the time if this is how you feel about yourself.

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, BeMinxX said:

I get the whole wanting to become staff to help players and prevent bullying but at the same time wanting to kill yourself over it is a bit much especially for a video game where you go in knowing there are going to be bullies who want to harass you. I like that your goal is to make the community better for all players so they don't get harassed but i just feel like maybe you aren't ready for a position of power is this is your attitude towards it. Everyone should keep a calm and level head about everything and i feel like if something sets you off you might go on a rampage.

I have been in and helped people in this position and avoiding the problem only prolongs how long it will affect you. You should focus on being happy before you try to become staff because being staff we all get harassed constantly and you in this state will only make it worse for your condition. i get the whole wanting to focus on helping other people but right now is not the time if this is how you feel about yourself.

I don't have any type of anger issues or anything that sets me off.

3 minutes ago, BeMinxX said:

And also I always do my work first but my teachers keep assigning work everyday I have to take a break.

15 minutes ago, nobutno said:

I don't have any type of anger issues or anything that sets me off.

i wasnt talking anger. i was talking in general there may or may not being things said to you to target you into going beserk. it can be certain words or actions that do it. trust me dude right now is not the best time for you.

Edited by BeMinxX
  • Agree 2

(-1) Heres why

I've had multiple past experiences with you that have all been positive and never toxic, however, your application just isnt that great currently.

- Your paragraphs are still kinda short and mostly are just filler sentences. You use the words and ideas and just reword them, for example in the first paragraph you talked about fixing errors and you do the same in the second paragraph.

- From other responses i gather you have anger issues that set you off really bad (Im not saying this is true but if multiple people stand by it i will too)

- I havent really seen you on the often so i would sugest making more of a name for your self.

Anyway, bro i'd recommend either re-applying when everything is working out for you good or fix the issues with your app quickly

-1. Im sorry, TY you know I like you, but after reading this staff applications responses, I dont think you are mentally fit to be staff. Im saying this for your own good. You should go work on being happier/not getting triggered or upset over what people say before you try to apply, as people are gonna be assholes to you, as @jorts said. 

On 10/21/2020 at 5:03 PM, CinniTheSleeper said:

i dont have much say in this, but jorts is right, there is a lot of people who will join the server just to publicly shame everyone. I've experienced it alot in my time of playing. so i really recommend you rethink being staff if what you said is true, and i mean this from the bottom of my heart...ive lost too many friends to cyber bullying.

Cinni you are perfectly allowed to +/-1 any application you want whether your staff or not. Anybody can, not just staff. 🙂