Mayor Elections

jorts

Description: whenever a mayor dies, a "signup" comes first then a poll for mayor comes up 10-15 minutes later.

Reasoning: it would keep the same person from becoming mayor over and over again. keep the level requirement the same or maybe lower it a little bit. i've seen it other places and it was always fun because then people would jokingly campaign for like 10-15 minutes before the poll pops up after sign ups. it opened up some more real role play situations, gave people a chance to know new players, and kept the mayor from dying every 3 minutes.

Additional Information: n/a
  • Like 3
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 3
1 hour ago, QuandaryJoe said:

+1 the ability to place a hit on the mayor, switch to assassin, and kill the mayor just to switch to mayor immediately is abused. A vote should be placed in to prevent this type of abuse.

If people are placing hits and then switching to assassin to take their own hits, that's fail rp and should be reported. That is not allowed. (Just a side note)

• Agree 1

I love the suggestion. I think that it only makes the potential for some good campaigning to be used. @Shin_Tsukimii see your concern for it being an issue with minges and the fact that rdmers are loaded in the server, to combat that maybe the mayor could start with more health in effort to prevent that. But back to the suggestion I will definitely +1 it. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

If people are placing hits and then switching to assassin to take their own hits, that's fail rp and should be reported. That is not allowed. (Just a side note)

saying it's failrp isn't going to stop it, and even after a sit the previous mayor doesn't get reinstated. (from prior experience)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Accepted

I have found a plugin that could potentially suit our server for Mayor Elections. 
It will need to be tested and approved by Garnet before implementation into the server.

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.