[MRP] Small RP Suggestion

Vizii

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]
This suggestion is for the command to be implemented for all players on the server "/roll" It was previously used within the SWRP server. The /Roll command would range from the number 0-100.
Giving it a randomized chance to obtain any number from that range. 

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]
I believe this command would add more fun and more chance when it comes to RP situations on the server. As shown in Fiers GM application, 
He stated certain things such as radiation, intel and other things and I feel as if /roll would add more incentive and add more options with chance for more outcomes on the server 
when it comes to certain RP events that would be taking place on the server. Overall, I feel as if the /roll would overall add way more branching lines when it comes to how 
a certain event could unfold. 
	Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]
  • Agree 5

+1 I personally would love the /roll option on MRP. you could do weapon inspections and gear inspections to SOC and base factions. As well as stripping weapons and comms in a kidnap you could roll just like in SWRP and you could fail to get the weapons and comms which could lead to more rescue raids because the person has a chance to call backup. Also if vehicles ever get added back you can do repairs on said vehicles during peacetime for more passive rp. All in all it has really good benefits for better RP.

Personally, I don't see the /roll working well on MRP. With SWRP and other roll-based servers, like HL2 RP, usually you have a small community that's there to solely roleplay. GG MRP works best with light roleplay elements, and a focus on combat and pvp.

GGMRP doesn't function like that, we have a lot of newer players who's sole desire is to click on heads and participate in combat. The style of RP on this server should be up to player actions, not a dice role.

Worth mentioning that a lot of players would just spam the hell out of it whether to troll or to do completly mundane things.

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think MRP is ready for something like this. -1

Edited by PraetorDon
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 8:31 AM, PraetorDon said:

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think MRP is ready for something like this. -1

It's just a tiny command that really isn't hard to use at all. I'll give you examples how we can use /roll on MRP. We do have medics so there is medical RP we can do. Whenever a event is going on or you are raiding or anything when your hacking intel or breaking into a door. Or whenever sims are going on and the two team leaders have to roll to see who's going to be picking first. Kidnapping and trying to escape you can possibly /roll to escape and try to run and flee.

On 10/29/2020 at 8:31 AM, PraetorDon said:

GGMRP doesn't function like that, we have a lot of newer players who's sole desire is to click on heads and participate in combat. The style of RP on this server should be up to player actions, not a dice role.

If GGMRP is like that then why don't we teach new people to actually be serious about RP instead of just aiming at head and shooting all the time. We have ranks they need to earn being those ranks. We have officers they should be teaching enlisted the RP aspect of "ROLEPLAY" servers RP isn't just shooting its way more then that. If no one can teach new players how to roleplay then i don't know what to say then. It isn't that hard. If they become minges they become minges and possibly get banned for mass and etc. A year ago when Chris branch and Ethan gresnov was on the Server it was perfect. Barely any minging. Always roleplay going on. Chris branch kept up with army being GA and he did an amazing job with choosing officers and etc. We can make it how it was back then but it just takes some time. 

This is a +1 from me even though vizii is now comm banned its still a open suggestion.

35 minutes ago, Oboshi said:

We have officers they should be teaching enlisted the RP aspect of "ROLEPLAY" servers RP isn't just shooting its way more then that. If no one can teach new players how to roleplay then i don't know what to say then. 

Currently we have issues getting base officers on just to do the bare minimum of tryouts/trainings/sims. Like I said previously, the server isn't ready for something like this. Ask Weeb and Ominous regarding their officers. 

Also for the purposes of this argument, I'll bring in the person who I think best understands what new players care the most about. @Cold Soldier

34 minutes ago, PraetorDon said:

@Cold Soldier

I got locked out of that account, so I'm not in it anymore.

As for the suggestion, this is something that in my opinion is trivial compared to the larger problems on the sever at the moment (population, base faction quality, etc.). In the end, I don't care if it's added or not, it won't hurt the server in any way from what I can see. The server's problems won't be fixed by this nor will it kill the server. So basically I'm neutral on this.

1 hour ago, Oboshi said:

If GGMRP is like that then why don't we teach new people to actually be serious about RP instead of just aiming at head and shooting all the time.

What makes us stand out from other servers is that we have hybrid system of combat AND roleplay. Too much of one is mundane and too much of the other is just basic. There are countless other servers that have roleplay as its central feature (I can't name them but you can guess which ones I'm referring to), we are not like those other servers in terms of experience, we're semi serious. In other words, we should not be too serious about roleplay, especially when it comes to enlisted. 

1 hour ago, Oboshi said:

We have officers they should be teaching enlisted the RP aspect of "ROLEPLAY" servers RP isn't just shooting its way more then that.

Those officers barely get on. Also, most officers don't roleplay that much either, they just get on and do the bare minimum (if they get on). 

The motivation of most, if not all, PRIVATES, are to click on heads and have fun, which either is from fucking around or joking with others. The motivation of most enlisted higher  than E-4 are generally still the same, with the exception of the minority of players that genuinely want some type of roleplay. I personally think light roleplay is the best way to go, nothing to intricate or serious. As long as the enlisted actually shoot their gun at someone and click on heads,  they have fun, so incorporating both those elements should keep enlisted long enough to start caring about the server and stay to become long-time members. 

TD;LR Incorporate elements of both light roleplay and combat into the server to entice players to stay.

• Agree 6

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines